Teaneck senior housing development ma...

Teaneck senior housing development may soon move forward

There are 1 comment on the NorthJersey.com story from Jun 22, 2012, titled Teaneck senior housing development may soon move forward. In it, NorthJersey.com reports that:

TEANECK - A long-stalled project to build 65 housing units for low-income seniors may finally move forward after the Zoning Board of Adjustment voted Thursday to approve a developer's plan to put a roadway through another person's property as a second access to the development.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthJersey.com.

Jay Holahan

New York, NY

#1 Jun 23, 2012
as sent to Bogota Building Dept

Sirs
I attended the Teaneck BOA meeting last night. Geriatric Services reported that they have a tentative contract with the Lukoil gas stationís owner [on Queen Anne Rd] for an easement to allow them to use the gas stationís half of the old Martin Street to access their proposed building in the lot to the East. This plan was approved by the Teaneck BOA last night, contingent on Geriatricís securing this easement.

Geriatricís attorney stated that there was no need for Bogotaís involvement due to the fact that the deal was being structured as an easement and not a sale.

I have been told that Martin Street was divided and given to the two adjacent property owners in order to avoid using it for this type of purpose [the proposal at that time was a church/ community center]. Itís odd that years later the property could be sold by one of the recipients to nullify this original purpose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teaneck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: International Portrait Studios (Sep '08) Sun Randi 70
News FAA to answer Teterboro flight path questions Jun 16 Hackensack 1
News Veterans search for home for WWII submarine Jun 15 okimar 33
News Police union blasts sheriff for alleged layoff ... Jun 2 harry 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing Englewood May '17 Anonymous 10
Swim club May '17 HarleyGirl 1
News Bergen County Sheriff to lay off 26 officers, u... Apr '17 Hard knox 1

Teaneck Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance