The HRT question is back

The HRT question is back

There are 4 comments on the The Hamilton Spectator story from Dec 9, 2011, titled The HRT question is back. In it, The Hamilton Spectator reports that:

Hormone replacement therapy In the past nine years, opinions about whether the risks of hormone replacement therapy outweigh the benefits have evolved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hamilton Spectator.

Kris Oakes

Greer, SC

#1 Dec 10, 2011
Done correctly it can greatly improve your quality of life.Try out EquilifeMD at
Doctor Mikhail Berman

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#2 Dec 21, 2011
I am physician specializing in treatment of Menopause and Andropause in aging patients.
In medicine you always need to balance between harm and good. My father who was a prominent physician oncologist in Soviet Union always told " Treatment should not be more dangerous than the disease it is used to treat" So why not discuss pro's and cons of hormone replacement therapy in more details.
Breast cancer is not only disease that affects women and Bio Identical Hormones were never studied in WHI or Nurse studies, instead the synthetic non bio identical hormones were used. These hormones were used in oral pills which is usually avoided by anti-aging doctors - we give transdermal, injectable or pellet therapy, in this case hormones do not go through liver first just like when they secreted from the gland.
Now let us look at the other diseases that Hormones protect from and other non hormone medications used to treat them.
Hormone replacement lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke if started early in perimenopause - estrogen disolves plaques.
Never forget that 20% of people who have hip fracture dye within a year. This almost accounts for the number of breast cancer deaths and is prevented by Hormone Replacement.
The risk of colon cancer is lower in women who received HRT as well as the risk of Alsheimer's disease.
Medications that are used to treat symptoms of menopause such as antidepressants, sleeping pills, etc only aggravate the problem because nobody can predict drugs side effects and especially drug interactions when more than 2 medications are given to a patient. As well as the fact that symptoms of one hormone deficiency is usually treated like several different diseases and not as one.
My philosophy if disease is caused by a lack of something it is better to treat it by adding something that body is missing, rather than to treat symptoms of this deficiency.
Given many health benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy I do recommend it to my patients,provided there is no risk factors.
Mikhail Berman M.D. Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Lake Worth, FL

#3 Dec 29, 2011
Check out this study on the Ann Arbor Life Extension home page.
Evidence of an association between low testosterone in men and death from cardiovascular disease continue to mount. This week, a study was published in the European Journal of Heart Failure further strengthening this link. A group of researchers at the Medical University in Graz Austria examined the serum total and free testosterone levels of more than 2,000 men that were referred for cardiovascular angioplasty between 1997 and 2000. The men were then followed for an average of 7.7 years to determine if there was a death due to various cardiovascular events. After controlling for other factors, an independent association was found between low free testosterone and death from congestive heart failure. With the growing body of evidence concerning the negative health effects of low testosterone, the mainstream medical community continues to shift towards embracing hormone replacement therapy in men.
Call to ask the doctor yourself if you have any questions. 888-613-3442

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 25, 2012
There are no risks in HRT. It is natural process of treatment which helps to cure Low T problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teaneck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detectives, assistant prosecutors show support ... Nov 11 The Voice 1
News Paterson rapper Fetty Wap rising to the top of ... (May '15) Nov 8 Logan Burgundy 17
News Hackensack cops seek - knockout game' suspect a... (Aug '14) Nov 8 Logan Burgundy 2
Review: Teaneck Airport & Local Taxi LL C Oct '15 Winwin20 1
Angela Diorio Gilbride Threatened for Psychic P... Oct '15 Carolynne Robin H... 1
News 6 A And P-Owned Supermarkets May Close Soon, Re... Oct '15 dick skinner 1
News Longtime auto dealer J.B. Grecco developing Sho... (Sep '10) Oct '15 Kim 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Teaneck Mortgages