Parsippany, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Judged:

I don't hate churches but I dislike when a church sets up shop near a town border and has more than 50% of its followers comming from a differnt town.

I feel churches in a town should only be allowed tax exemption when the number of patrons of the church are from the town and that number of town patrons, should be greater than 50% of the people that attend the church.
Charles Quigley

Little Ferry, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

At this stage in our history you should be content with knowing that people are still going to church. When you go to court and have to swear on a Bible but you can not have the 10 Comandents in or on the building, you know the country is in big trouble.
angrycitizen

Parsippany, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

It's down right abuse when many towns reject a churchs tax exemption which causes the church to move into another town (such as Teaneck). Teaneck welcomes churches with their open arms. These churches setup shop on the Teaneck border and the majority of their patrons are from other towns. It's bad enough that Teaneck loses tax revenue for its Hospital which services other towns as well as itself. These other towns should particpate in sharing services by not rejecting churches that want to locate in their town. Teaneck needs to stop being "the sucker", "patsy", fool!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Teaneck News Video

•••
•••

Teaneck Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Teaneck People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••