Aurora,Colorado
Ray Roberts

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Jul 20, 2012
Scenario:I have never owned a gun but what into gun shops "inquring" how to use guns.In the ensuing days "legitimate" gun-dealers SELL to this NOVICE purchaser among other weapons AN ASSAULT RIFLE!!!.The news coverage is dominated by perfectly coiffed "reasonable" tv " suits" going on about the victims(rightfully so) and about the " counselling" so many will need.Where is the outrage over the retailing to a NON LAW ENFORCEMENT individual being sold an assault rifle as a NOVICE gun owner???And what mechanisms were in place to track such purchases to a neophyte??For that matter,what is the LEGITIMATE use of an assault weapon in the hands of a CIVILIAN ,let alone a NOVICE.Civilian use of handguns for " self protection" fall far short of the "freedom" to purchase and possess such devasting weapons.They are a SCOURGE to Law Enforcement and a nightmare for a "Civilized Society"!
Ray Roberts

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Jul 20, 2012
Clearly with a "mere" handgun the carnage would have been minimized.It is time to stop selling these weapons of mass destruction to any Tom Dick or Harry.
Ray Roberts

Jersey City, NJ

#3 Jul 20, 2012
A few typos in the first message I am speaking of the events in Colorado not about myself personally.I applaud Mayor Bloomberg for calling out Mr's Obama and Romney as to HOW they propose to combat the GUN VIOLENCE WHICH IS ENDEMIC IN OUR NATION TODAY??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teaneck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: International Portrait Studios (Sep '08) Jun 25 Randi 70
News FAA to answer Teterboro flight path questions Jun '17 Hackensack 1
News Veterans search for home for WWII submarine Jun '17 okimar 33
News Police union blasts sheriff for alleged layoff ... Jun '17 harry 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing Englewood May '17 Anonymous 10
Swim club May '17 HarleyGirl 1
News Bergen County Sheriff to lay off 26 officers, u... Apr '17 Hard knox 1

Teaneck Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance