Jane

Bronx, NY

#1 Jun 4, 2010
There are some train tracks that run behind the house I live in in Teaneck, NJ. Who owns these tracks and the property that is attached to it? If one of their trees fell into our back yard would we be responsable for removing and paying for it? Also, there are many times that the trains sit for hours idling, and make loud noises at all kinds of hours of the night. Who can we contact regarding this matter? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
youdontwannaknow

AOL

#2 Jun 30, 2010
there is nothing you can do, except maybe to move. the tracks were there WAY before you showed up. the trains may idle for days and because the railroad is exempt from any laws regarding idling there is also nothing you can do. this is something you should have noted before buying your house. you didn't do your homework in your rush to move there. that track used to be a main line with many many trains using it, be glad you didn't live there in the 40's and 50's, especially since the trains then were coal fired and smoked incredibly. and you couldn't bitch about it either. live with it or move.
wow

Newark, NJ

#3 Jul 6, 2010
youdontwannaknow wrote:
there is nothing you can do, except maybe to move. the tracks were there WAY before you showed up. the trains may idle for days and because the railroad is exempt from any laws regarding idling there is also nothing you can do. this is something you should have noted before buying your house. you didn't do your homework in your rush to move there. that track used to be a main line with many many trains using it, be glad you didn't live there in the 40's and 50's, especially since the trains then were coal fired and smoked incredibly. and you couldn't bitch about it either. live with it or move.
You couldn't be anymore of a uncompassionate insensitive jerk if you tried dang I know moving by some tracks maybe stupid and thoughtless but you didn't have to balabour it like this you really just launched a verbal assualt on this poor person i hope one day someone builds something that iritates u near ur house and u get the same response but are unable to move. U sound really vicious and rude whatever happened to manners? this was infelicious and there was no need to be that vindictive for no reason u r so petty.I'm blunt that wasn't blunt it was just mean.she didn't ask for the extra vile commentary she asked if she/he could do it.
youdontwannaknow

AOL

#4 Jul 9, 2010
You couldn't be anymore of a uncompassionate insensitive jerk if you tried dang I know moving by some tracks maybe stupid and thoughtless but you didn't have to balabour it like this you really just launched a verbal assualt on this poor person i hope one day someone builds something that iritates u near ur house and u get the same response but are unable to move. U sound really vicious and rude whatever happened to manners? this was infelicious and there was no need to be that vindictive for no reason u r so petty.I'm blunt that wasn't blunt it was just mean.she didn't ask for the extra vile commentary she asked if she/he could do it.

FUCK YOU TOO
Trackie

Little Falls, NY

#5 Jul 9, 2010
Hey, it's Topix and people are allowed to run their mouths.
I have to agree when youdontwannaknow says Jane should have done her homework before buying a home by a RR track. I have to wonder, what did she think was going to happen? Train rides with Santa in Dec. only? This falls under people whining about the noise when they bought a house near an airport. You get what you pay for I guess.
As for the tree, call the town. If they won't remove it maybe they can make the RR do it. No one in here is going to remove it for you. Again, not using your brain.
Gimme shelter

AOL

#6 Jul 9, 2010
OMG, I bought a house in a flood zone AND NOW THERE'S WATER IN MY BASEMENT. Who's responsible for fixing this for me??
Liberal

AOL

#7 Jul 14, 2010
Oh no. Obama will take care of it for you but only if you're a minority
Gimme shelter wrote:
OMG, I bought a house in a flood zone AND NOW THERE'S WATER IN MY BASEMENT. Who's responsible for fixing this for me??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teaneck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Veterans search for home for WWII submarine (Jun '17) Mon COL Jeremy USN 35
News Acme closing Bergenfield supermarket Dec 26 NJJim 3
News Town's weird plan to keep traffic out riles rea... Dec '17 Jdevito82 1
News Fight between teens in Oakland leads to no arrests Oct '17 Kid at party 1
News Firefighters battle blaze at Bergenfield laundr... Oct '17 Phil Gioldasis 1
Paying respect and fentanyl Oct '17 three blocks 1
News Mahwah mayor and DPW worker face harassment cha... (Dec '12) Oct '17 Marc The Loser 3

Teaneck Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Teaneck Mortgages