Drug Tests for SSI recipients

Posted in the Teaberry Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mud Creeker

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Apr 1, 2011
Did anybody else get a letter with their check this month saying that we have to get a drug test every quarter to keep our benefits? Says that if it tests positive for drugs or alcohol, I gotta go to a treatment center to get clean before I can draw any more money....my family is pissed!!
outraged

Bays, KY

#2 Apr 1, 2011
I got mine in the mail today two. I can't beleve it! No one else I talked to got theres yet but I have to have a hair sample done. I am very frustrated now.
not fair

Bays, KY

#3 Apr 1, 2011
I have to take medicine and I ant able to work. I know a lot of pillheads who sale thers and I ant one of them. This ant fair to the people who take ther medicine and dont sale it.
Finally

Pikeville, KY

#4 Apr 1, 2011
Mud Creeker wrote:
Did anybody else get a letter with their check this month saying that we have to get a drug test every quarter to keep our benefits? Says that if it tests positive for drugs or alcohol, I gotta go to a treatment center to get clean before I can draw any more money....my family is pissed!!
I say they are pissed! Maybe now you lazy bastards will get out and work for a living and quit living off the working man. I feel sorry for the people who need this money, but the rest of the trash I have no pity for ya. I think it's a long time over do!
LPN

Falcon, KY

#5 Apr 1, 2011
Finally wrote:
<quoted text>I say they are pissed! Maybe now you lazy bastards will get out and work for a living and quit living off the working man. I feel sorry for the people who need this money, but the rest of the trash I have no pity for ya. I think it's a long time over do!
Yes I agree..For those that really need the pain medication they will be ok because they already have to be tested at the pain clinic to make sure they are taking it...maintaining a certain level...and taking the correct dosage...It's those that are miss using pain medication that is so upset...so start drying out
Mud Creeker

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Apr 6, 2011
I've been trying to get into that methadone clinic in Pikeville for weeks, but they won't even give me a chance. Some fat ass bitch keeps puttin me off til later, and ain't seen me yet. I wonder if I test positive for methadone will they cut me off? It takes a different kind of test for that. I bet they won't.
lol

Richmond, VA

#7 Apr 7, 2011
what ba piece of shit april fools joke!!!! I can't believe some of ya dummies fell for this shit post...
was it

Bays, KY

#8 Apr 16, 2011
lol wrote:
what ba piece of shit april fools joke!!!! I can't believe some of ya dummies fell for this shit post...
may have been a joke but it sounds like a good idea to me
should be

Anderson, SC

#9 Apr 16, 2011
Hey, I would love to see this be a reality! I'm sick of working everyday and seeing my tax dollars go to people for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except drive their neighbors crazy with their pillhead partying and stealing everything that they can get their hands on once their checks are gone! I have to take a drug test to keep my job so why shouldn't they have to take a drug test to keep their check (which my tax dollars are paying for)!!!! People who actually deserve the checks do not have to worry about drug test because they are not pilled up! That my opinion!
Mud Creeker

Johnson City, TN

#10 May 3, 2011
lol wrote:
lol....Scare tactics. Would be very nice to see this joke become a reality.
amen

Chavies, KY

#11 May 5, 2011
Mud Creeker wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....Scare tactics. Would be very nice to see this joke become a reality.
I live on Mud Creek...about 30 percent of the population actually work....the rest is on SSI...if they would do drug testing it would reduce it significantly...I think they should do blood level screening and check their noses for snorting...someone can have a perscription and still take massive amounts and snort them which is unlawful..blood level screening is the answer
better yet

Bays, KY

#12 May 18, 2011
do hair samples...long term results...a little costly but wouldn't have to do them so often!
Citizen

Bays, KY

#13 Jan 14, 2012
I absolutely agree with drug testing the "first of the monthers." We have to be drug tested in order to work, so I fully think that people who draw "free money" should have to be able to pass a drug test! I feel that if you are taking prescribed medication from a doctor at a legal dose, you will be fine. But, these pill heads and lazy people who just draw the money and run up and down the roads need to have some structure and limits!
i think

East Point, KY

#14 Jan 18, 2012
all u got to do is get a job at d's market work for cash and get every hand out there is out there.draw every check there is out there and get all the government help.EVERYBODY at that store draws a check and works for cash.not for long though when the IRS checks in to it.then they will be paying tge government back!!! i am a hard working person.i wish i could get my power bill paid LMFAO
i think

East Point, KY

#15 Jan 18, 2012
AND if u cant afford to pay your electricity bill then how do you afford YOUR INTERNET BILL
Lawyer at large

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Jan 19, 2012
This is a load of horseshit, if you are for it or against it, it will not happen! It violates the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution! The Court System will never uphold this kind of insanity!
TED

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jul 18, 2012
I understand why a tax paying citizen doesn't want to get screwed. But before you worry about poor people getting a hand out focus that hatred you have for the poor guy and instead focus your hatred on the real villains that rapes your pockets everyday which are the oil and gasoline companies, the credit card companies, banks and Wall Street. Not to forget the government who ads insults to injury with taxes. The poor who get handouts are used as scapegoats to keep the heat off the real villains. Wake up and smell the coffee tou pick on the little guy who's handouts represent less than 1% of your tax monry but you gladly bend over and take it up the kazoo with grease from the rich oil companies, crdit card companies and banks, Wall Street and the politicians and law enforcement. They waste billions of dollars on the war on marijuana I am not talking hards drugs I am just talking about just marijuana. Just so cops can justify their existence and make overtime for B.S.
Its about time

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Sep 9, 2012
I think this is great idea except will they be testing SSI recipients to make sure they have enough of their medications they are suppose to be taking in their system (on a regular basis)? There are too many people getting SSI who should NOT be getting it. Especially for things like depression I mean WTF?!?! Anyone can be depressed certain times in life. I am depressed over worked and underpaid and still don't bring home as much as my lazy neighbor who states that working is for idiots and sells her anti anxiety meds. The whole world is depressed we are in a fricken recession!!! SSI has become the new welfare...open more mental institutions and require mental patients more treatment.
cak in florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#19 Jan 25, 2013
outraged wrote:
I got mine in the mail today two. I can't beleve it! No one else I talked to got theres yet but I have to have a hair sample done. I am very frustrated now.
well i worked all my life and i dont do drugs so test on!!!!
cak in florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#20 Jan 25, 2013
i worked all my life and i feel that i need help now so i dont do any street drugs so let them test on!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teaberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rock Roll Jackie 1 min Spending your money 12
Pea and Wee PLLC thread 4 or 5 2 min Amy 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min RDC 159,507
Jackies Parking Lot 36 min Sorry Charlie 4
Where are the working girls at? 55 min Lmao 4
Diet doctor 2 hr Needs to loss wei... 1
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 5 hr One Eyed Willy 3,807

Teaberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance