Cancer in the Tazewell youth

Posted in the Tazewell Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
curious

North Tazewell, VA

#1 Jan 4, 2011
I know it is a tough subject but, why are so many young people dying with cancer In the Tazewell area? Has the school system been questioned on this matter? I know of about 3 in the last year (2 at the most) has this something that has been brought up? I am new back to the area and have kept up with news on and off in the town and of course when young people die with such a disease it is kept no secret. I am concerned. has anyone looked at the elem schools these kids went to or the middle school or high school? what do the kids have in common? or is it just coincidence? I am really concerned!
ForSure

Tazewell, VA

#2 Jan 4, 2011
A lot of teachers have/have had cancer too. I believe that it is more than coincidence that children and teachers have been so sick. Makes you think it has to be something in this town. It makes me sick with grief. All the suffering and broken hearts. God Bless.
Sad

North Tazewell, VA

#3 Jan 4, 2011
It is very sad but also I think it needs to go Big like Nancy Grace and maybe we can get things checked out.Makes you wonder if it's the school,if it's the water system,or what???I feel so sorry for the family's that have lost children to this and if we don't have it checked out it could be ours next,God forbid!!!Prayers for the recent and past family's who have gone through this and still going through it!!
concerened person

Hillsboro, WV

#4 Jan 5, 2011
yea, i think if we could atleast get it to WVVA it would be amazing.
Tell

North Tazewell, VA

#5 Jan 5, 2011
Erin Brockovich
wonder

United States

#6 Jan 5, 2011
Wasnt there once thought to be asbestos in the schools? What ever came of that?

God Bless all those that have lost loved one!
curious

North Tazewell, VA

#7 Jan 5, 2011
surely the families have spoken....right? you would think. I would like think I am not to first to bring this up. It just blows my mind that this area is losing all these young people. I don't have a list name. I don't have contact information but someone with more information should contact someone.
sassquash

Stafford, VA

#8 Jan 5, 2011
Has anyone checked the water?? Supposely there is mercury or something in water reserve, signs posted say don't eat the fish but we can drink the water??? I have kids in school also and think there needs to be some kind of investigation.
I send my deepest sympathy to all family and friends that have lost a loved one to cancer. May god give you strength.
PARENTS

North Tazewell, VA

#9 Jan 6, 2011
is there something us as parents can push to have done? someone lead me in the right direction!
Parent

North Tazewell, VA

#10 Jan 6, 2011
After my dealings with the Tazewell County School Board office, no need to go there. Go to VA Dept of Education. You will be surprised who is welling to listen. Maybe a petition needs to be started to take care of this and have test results posted via Clinch Valley newspaper. Always covered up in this town, just like the drug problem at our schools. Seems nothing done about that through our law enforcement and town officials. Makes you wonder don't it.
J BEAR

Richlands, VA

#11 Jan 6, 2011
Tazewell county school board is ignorant and wont even get the schools checked. its very sad that all of these people have died. my father died of cancer and yes he went to Tazewell county schools. God Bless
parent

Roy, WA

#12 Jan 6, 2011
io have been thinking the same thing with all these young people died and 3 i know of this year has cancer,it has to be something with the schools.and i know some of the teachers who has and had cancer also.something is going on sounds like to me.is there somewhere we can start sending letters to or something?i know the schoolboard is not the place to start.has to be higher up.
J BEAR

Richlands, VA

#13 Jan 6, 2011
i have no idea but somthing has to be done. prob some bigshot office in richmond
Wonder

United States

#14 Jan 7, 2011
Well then lets make it happen!!! Im very serious! I have children in the Tazewell school system and I dont want to have to worry about something like cancer for them!!

Can you make an online potition??
mom

North Tazewell, VA

#16 Jan 7, 2011
sorry the above contact information is to the governor of VA
mom

North Tazewell, VA

#17 Jan 7, 2011
[email protected]

there is an email for wvva
Parent

North Tazewell, VA

#18 Jan 7, 2011
We need to check with the Commonwealth Attorney's office and ask the legal way to do this.
hate cancer

North Tazewell, VA

#19 Jan 8, 2011
Guys Greg Carter lives here in Tazewell and works for WVVA. I really feel he would have already investigated it. I myself agree something is going on around here. I vote Jesse Ventura he gets down to the truth. Prayers and thoughts going out to the families.
PARENTS

North Tazewell, VA

#20 Jan 9, 2011
just trying to keep this at the top oppose to all the crappy gossip...funny how everything else seems to be so much more important
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Newburg, MD

#21 Jan 9, 2011
I believe something has to be wrong with either the schools or the water in this town. My kid grew up on well water, and wouldn't drink from the fountains at school. Not sure if that had anything to do with keeping her healthy but now even at college, she buys bottled water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SW Virginia Football 19 hr Dude 11
marcella harrington 19 hr Natalie her best ... 2
Saprena Noel Fri Curious 11
Tazewell boys basketball (Dec '15) Jun 23 The Tazewell Bull... 11
Krag kirk Jun 23 Carl Williams 8
Coal Bucket Deli (Apr '15) Jun 21 Vbm 9
Strange Blue Lights? Jun 20 Former T-town Dwe... 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tazewell Mortgages