Methadone Clinic - is this rehab or j...
old THS grad

North Tazewell, VA

#22 Sep 5, 2009
carzy wrote:
i think for some of you people on this post need to get your facts together becouse some things in life is eazer sead thin done. and for some of you people out there today that can seat back an say w dont people stop what thay do caould tearky. well that may be so but if the tables wear tearnd the ? is if some of people have not been in that place do thay really now what its like or how someone feels . not saying outhers has no wright to say how thay feel but if thay not had to go thorw anythiing for there sealf or had outhers in ones life go thourw thigs thin some gust may not understand.
Sounds like carzy here is on something himself. Anybody able to read that message?
use2baRNthere

United States

#23 Sep 5, 2009
Sounds like he/she is missing a little benzos with the Methadone they are getting at the clinic. That's the crazy jiberish you get from some of the patients and the administration refuses to allow the nurses or counselors to intervene -- very rarely does a person not receive a dose due to being impaired -- however they do drop in dose if they can't pay -- Money Racket -- FOR SURE!!!!
facts

North Tazewell, VA

#24 Sep 5, 2009
let me ask, RN, since paying is an issue how much does it costs? I read it is private pay not billed to insurance of any kind (govt or private). what kind of money are we talking if you can say?

what other drugs do they dispense besides methodone? do they have that "sub -something" what ever it's called that is a substitute for some drug? i saw a flyer for that same time back at magic mart but i don't know if it was advertising this same clinic. somebody needs to get the full picture of this place.

where is the next closest clinic? how far are people coming into this area from?

this bothers me because people that need medication of many kinds can't find a doctor to prescribe it and have to suffer.
use2baRNthere

United States

#25 Sep 5, 2009
The cost of Methadone when I left was $12.50 a day and Suboxone was $17.00 a day.

The closest clinics are Beckley, WV, Galax, VA, Knoxville, TN, and Asheville, NC.

When I was working there we had patients from Tazewell, Buchanan, Russell, Bland, Wythe, Smyth, Dickenson, Scott, Washington, VA and TN, Mercer, McDowell, Carter, TN, and probably other counties are represented there.
facts

North Tazewell, VA

#26 Sep 9, 2009
thanks and I hate to ask so many questions, but do the so called patients have to visit the clinic every day? There has got to be government money coming in to that place, did it open after the big announcement this part of the state was the oxy and meth capital? can you imagine driving in - now I get some of it.

that is the TOURISM INDUSTRY this county wants so badly.

how are they determine where those places go anyway? with hospitals, you have to have the number of beds approved for the community. i want to know more about this place and the way it operates.

is it helping this community?

shoot i am tempted to drop in myself but I won't waste the gas to go to Richlands.
use2baRNthere

United States

#27 Sep 10, 2009
It is privately owned -- and trust me it makes enough $ without any government support.

Initally patients attend daily -- When I was working you could get up to 3 take home doses per week if you were clean from all substances other than Methadone for 30 days that is with the travel hardship exemptions.

It has been open about 6-8 years -- before the Time magazine article --

I am not sure how this one become existent in our neighborhood, but I do know that it is difficult to get one open - ususally the community fights it -- I don't remember alot if any contraversy with the opening of this clinic -- it was opened a few years before I worked there. I lived in the area when it would have opened and can't remember much press -- I will say that while I was an employee and since that time as well I have been aware of some neighborhood concerns -- it could be that I am more aware of the facility now since I worked there -

Is it helping our community -- that's a tough question -- there are patient's who are ready for treatment and sincerely begin treatment with the intent to get and stay clean -- for those individuals and their families it will work and the result for that individual cannot be measured -- to get a life back that is all but lost there is no way to put value on it --so for those , it helps.

However, a vast majority are admitted and attend with no intention of ever getting off the Methadone -- some of these [very few] are on low doses and even if they quit the Methadone they have pain issues from past injuries that would force them to return to pain killers so they stay on the Methadone and monitor it at a low dose - this too I can live with -- the remaining of those with no intent to quit using are replacing their drug of choice with Methadone -- they have crazy high doses, many use other substances in addition to Methadone which is generally lethal eventually, and they increase their dose to the highest allowed. These I am not alright with.

I believe on the date of admission the plan should be let's get you stable and begin discharge -- the goal should be abstinence as soon as possible.
facts

North Tazewell, VA

#28 Sep 10, 2009
so many things are going through my head now. the fact that people can show up addicted to prescription meds with no checking into the docs doing the scribing?

either people have persistent pain issues that should be dealt with properly by treating physicians - who are paid by what? insurance.

or those that can just walk in with a story.

nope - there has to be some kind of review of this place. now, how to do that?

they walk out of this place with drug in hand, much like a bariatric "clinic" hands out appetite killers? I can't say I know right off who regulates this stuff but I sure want to.
out-of-the-box

North Tazewell, VA

#29 Sep 11, 2009
Well in my opinion I think if this place stays open the should also open a place where an alcoholic can get free or discounted alcohol!! Make it a drive thru so they can just go ahead and run an I.V. and then turn them loose. People talk about driving while drinking[not that i agree with that either] but I have been by there and they will run you over to get in there, and how many people have been killed leaving there? It is nothing more than a legal drug dealer!!!
concerned

United States

#30 Sep 11, 2009
use2baRNthere wrote:
It is privately owned -- and trust me it makes enough $ without any government support.
Initally patients attend daily -- When I was working you could get up to 3 take home doses per week if you were clean from all substances other than Methadone for 30 days that is with the travel hardship exemptions.
It has been open about 6-8 years -- before the Time magazine article --
I am not sure how this one become existent in our neighborhood, but I do know that it is difficult to get one open - ususally the community fights it -- I don't remember alot if any contraversy with the opening of this clinic -- it was opened a few years before I worked there. I lived in the area when it would have opened and can't remember much press -- I will say that while I was an employee and since that time as well I have been aware of some neighborhood concerns -- it could be that I am more aware of the facility now since I worked there -
Is it helping our community -- that's a tough question -- there are patient's who are ready for treatment and sincerely begin treatment with the intent to get and stay clean -- for those individuals and their families it will work and the result for that individual cannot be measured -- to get a life back that is all but lost there is no way to put value on it --so for those , it helps.
However, a vast majority are admitted and attend with no intention of ever getting off the Methadone -- some of these [very few] are on low doses and even if they quit the Methadone they have pain issues from past injuries that would force them to return to pain killers so they stay on the Methadone and monitor it at a low dose - this too I can live with -- the remaining of those with no intent to quit using are replacing their drug of choice with Methadone -- they have crazy high doses, many use other substances in addition to Methadone which is generally lethal eventually, and they increase their dose to the highest allowed. These I am not alright with.
I believe on the date of admission the plan should be let's get you stable and begin discharge -- the goal should be abstinence as soon as possible.
Did you notice the other forum post directed to you personally? I just happened to see it on the main board for Tazewell...titled Attention Use2beanRNthere, if not go check it out, they are wanting to speak to you personally!
Bob The Builder

Murfreesboro, TN

#31 Sep 22, 2009
I feel the clinic is a legal way to get drugs. Husband was killed on his way to the clinic, in which he had been going for 4 years too many. They do not do random test like they are suppose to. He would take more than he was suppose to. So where does this get you??? Legal drugs for $12.50 per person per day... Damn alot of drug money being made legally. Treatment should be no more than 1 year, if you want to get off you will make the effort. You have to want it to do it!!!!!!
Conspiracy Theory 101

Nicholasville, KY

#32 Sep 22, 2009
Told to me by an Aunt: My father's people were immigrants to this country at the turn of the century. They were poor, they were hard workers and they were also alcoholics. They had lived all of their lives in poverty, working like slaves, and never had enough to eat. One thing they had plenty of was liquor! They were called White Rusyns and they were indigenous, had never mixed outside of their race or religion. In the old country, they were treated like cattle. They couldn't vote and had no voice. They hated the conditions they lived in. No one said anything. They were pretty much under control with the easily available alcohol. Sound familiar? I think this area is corrupt from the ground up and has been for years! Look who sits on the benches, pleads the cases,makes the arrests, and controls the money! The "powers that be" could care less about the poor and the addicts. Do you think they had a problem with a Methadone Clinic coming in? Nope. Look how all of the elections go around here. No one new that will shake up the bag gets a position. A lot easier to control the population and your inner sanctum when almost half of the town is effectively stoned. This place is a HUGE operation running pretty smooth and it seems like no one sees what is really going on!
Conspiracy Theory 101

Nicholasville, KY

#33 Sep 22, 2009
old THS grad wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like carzy here is on something himself. Anybody able to read that message?
Yep I could...I believe it was written phonetically. They wrote it like they would speak it.
MyEXisnext

Greeneville, TN

#34 Oct 13, 2009
Yes i agree with the clinic being jus another way to get high been with an addict for three long years and Clinch Valley is a joke, the workers there are so easily played all you have to do is shed a few tears and you can go up as much as you like plus take the benzo's as well, They know how to play them as soon as he passes there so called random drug screenings then he takes his valuim or whatever he had bought off the street... then is take homes he double doses and stays nodded out for the next two days, what is so sad is he is now getting the government to start paying for it, And the DMME will be giving his mining card back as so I feel sorry for whomever will be underground with him, The people that work there are killing people for money so i hope they that they sleep well @ night because i don't knowing he could die in his sleep, Maybe Amber can sit up with him to make sure he is still breathing.. I am over it!!!
Fact

Nicholasville, KY

#35 Oct 13, 2009
Khrystalynne wrote:
Lets just call it like it is.....it is another drug that just treats the symptoms of the other drugs..... IT DOES NOT CURE THE REAL PROBLEM!!!
i myself couldn't say that any better...key word is "Real Problem".
The Owl

United States

#36 Oct 13, 2009
MyExisnext -- you hit the nail on the head. Amber is a joke -- she has had patients stay at her house in the past. I haven't been a patient there for over a year and I know for sure that she had patients staying at her home then-- and I also know that the boss was aware of this as well. It is also true that the other lady who is in 'charge' has had her own 'live in' there as a patient. I would call these examples of unhealthy relationships between staff and patients.
It's a money racket - I have been clean now for 5 months -- it's hard, but it was much harder coming off the Methadone that it was when I would come off of Oxys.
grow up

Murfreesboro, TN

#37 Oct 13, 2009
old THS grad wrote:
<quoted text>
it looks like shelly's at it again. looks like her typing and spelling. it only gets worse.
get a life

Roanoke, VA

#38 Oct 13, 2009
grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
it looks like shelly's at it again. looks like her typing and spelling. it only gets worse.
people need to grow up or just shut the f up.
haha

Murfreesboro, TN

#39 Oct 14, 2009
get a life wrote:
<quoted text> people need to grow up or just shut the f up.
guess i was right, did i hit a nerve there?
MyEXisnext

Greeneville, TN

#40 Oct 14, 2009
The Owl wrote:
MyExisnext -- you hit the nail on the head. Amber is a joke -- she has had patients stay at her house in the past. I haven't been a patient there for over a year and I know for sure that she had patients staying at her home then-- and I also know that the boss was aware of this as well. It is also true that the other lady who is in 'charge' has had her own 'live in' there as a patient. I would call these examples of unhealthy relationships between staff and patients.
It's a money racket - I have been clean now for 5 months -- it's hard, but it was much harder coming off the Methadone that it was when I would come off of Oxys.
I am very proud that you have been clean for 5months, its not an easy thing to do... I am just very overwhelmed with the thought that my ex is doing what most addicts do lie and do whatever it takes to get what they need at any cost....And this amber from what he says has a phd? I jus wonder in what....@ this point i am at a lose there is nothing I haven't done for him but in the end his(medicine) comes first... I am tired of fighting this battle when the so called clinic is the enabler....
The Owl

United States

#41 Oct 14, 2009
Amber should not have a Phd. She was starting to work on her master's degree when I left -- and it hasn't been that long. So I would ask to see the degree and the transcripts to support it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need work 8 min Susan Cannibas 4
hottest girl in tazewell?? (Apr '15) 13 hr coal minner 38
Horny women Sat Horny 1
Tazewell coaches Sat Joe Ellis 15
Coal Bucket Deli (Apr '15) Aug 25 Ppl 24
Milfs Aug 25 Pound Town 4
I pinched my ass Aug 25 Eternal truth 10

Tazewell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance