First Prev
of 11
Next Last
i c ya

Clay, WV

#236 Jun 21, 2012
METHADONE SAVED MY LIFE i DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS! But for the record I am also a mother, wife, and a full time employee! I am doing good an only getting better! Y is everyone sooo worried about everyone else! I f u are pointing the finger,or trying to call some elses "promblems" out, then more than likely u have a whole lot to worry about yourself...like maybe being addicted to something yourself an not wanting help,whatever "it" is focus on "yourself" not "everyone" else!

Since: Nov 10

North Tazewell, VA

#237 Jul 4, 2012
Dwayne wrote:
I just wanna say to everyone on here that I'm sorry for what I said about Methadone Maitenance.
WHAT CHANGED YOUR MIND?
JMB

Glen Allen, VA

#238 Jul 17, 2012
use2baRNthere wrote:
I don't disagree with Methadone "TREATMENT". I just can tell you that Clinch Valley Treatment Center aka The Methadone Clinic located just below Claypool Hill, does not treat addiction - it contributes to addiction.
The limit that a patient can increase is 120mg -- however some do get to go higher with the doctor's permission -- not alot but some do .. but 120mg of Methadone is TOOOOO much.
They get take homes quickly and there is not limit to what a daily dose can be in a take home.
They also allow patients to be on other medications like Xanax and Klonopin and take Methadone. This is a deadly cocktail -- Those patients do have to a prescription for the Xanax and or Klonopin but the prescribing physicain doesn't necessarily know about the Methadone treatment.
The DEA should really make a surprise visit to this facility -- they would be SHOCKED --
The DEA visits all methadone clinics regularly, so do other regulatory agencies like state methadone authorities. And if you do actual reseach on methadone, reliable research, you would see that 120 mgs is not always an adequate dose of methadone, some people need much more. YES, benzos (Xanax, Klonopin) are dangerous to mix with methadone when not taken as prescribed, but if taken like they should be then there are no issues. I'm not sure about the specific clinic you're talking about, but the ones who care about their patients allow them to take the medications they need while monitoring how they are taking it. For example, they have the paitent bring in the medication to be counted to ensure they are taking it as prescribed. Getting take homes is not easy and not quick, of course there may be some who "beat the system." But regulations say that a patient has to be in treatment for 9 months clean before getting one weeks worth of take homes. Do the reseach before you make comments.
JMB

Glen Allen, VA

#239 Jul 17, 2012
i c ya wrote:
METHADONE SAVED MY LIFE i DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS! But for the record I am also a mother, wife, and a full time employee! I am doing good an only getting better! Y is everyone sooo worried about everyone else! I f u are pointing the finger,or trying to call some elses "promblems" out, then more than likely u have a whole lot to worry about yourself...like maybe being addicted to something yourself an not wanting help,whatever "it" is focus on "yourself" not "everyone" else!
Amen! I have seen methadone help a lot of people, the ones who it really helps you would never even know they are on it. They have families, jobs, and good lives.
nolongersick

Saint Louis, MO

#241 Oct 17, 2012
i goto the clinic and now m life is manageable,,,i no logerger chase drugs i am finally happy and with my kids if u dont abuse the program than it will work 4 u....its woking 4 me right now
nolongersick

Saint Louis, MO

#242 Oct 17, 2012
JMB wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! I have seen methadone help a lot of people, the ones who it really helps you would never even know they a re on it. They have families, jobs, and good lives.
it saved my life to and its the best thing that ever happened to me they need to get there facts rite
Methadone Clinic Employee

Tazewell, VA

#243 Oct 20, 2012
JMB wrote:
<quoted text>
The DEA visits all methadone clinics regularly, so do other regulatory agencies like state methadone authorities. And if you do actual reseach on methadone, reliable research, you would see that 120 mgs is not always an adequate dose of methadone, some people need much more. YES, benzos (Xanax, Klonopin) are dangerous to mix with methadone when not taken as prescribed, but if taken like they should be then there are no issues. I'm not sure about the specific clinic you're talking about, but the ones who care about their patients allow them to take the medications they need while monitoring how they are taking it. For example, they have the paitent bring in the medication to be counted to ensure they are taking it as prescribed. Getting take homes is not easy and not quick, of course there may be some who "beat the system." But regulations say that a patient has to be in treatment for 9 months clean before getting one weeks worth of take homes. Do the reseach before you make comments.
This is not true. At Clinch Valley Treatment Center in Cedar Bluff, a patient is eligible for take homes after 30 days clean. They are also eligible for travel exemptions at the same time. So a patient can have three take homes a week after just thirty days clean.
kolton6983

United States

#244 May 27, 2013
I am on 30mgs of methadone and I hold a steady job and life. Until I run out....
say-what

Richlands, VA

#245 May 28, 2013
If you only take 30mgs then why do you run out? I went for 10 years and the best advice I can give you is to get out now while your on a low dose!! All you will get from that place is a mouth full of rotten teeth, brittle bones, a shitty immune system, and did I mention an empty bank account??? Get out kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Kerry Moore (Jun '13) 3 hr cheap 9
1/2 price tires (Oct '11) 17 hr not trying to buy... 15
nTelos Wed need a cell 1
airsoft Oct 21 Airsoft 5
tcfr (Jul '13) Oct 21 hmm 19
keep on trying to get home to you Oct 20 truth 32
School Colors Oct 20 Hmmm 72
Tazewell Dating
Find my Match

Tazewell Jobs