Methadone Clinic - is this rehab or just another drug dealer

Posted in the Tazewell Forum

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 200 of209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
samantha82

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#207
Feb 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

DR GREY wrote:
I am sure that not every person going to the clinic is there to get a replacement drug. My best friend goes and he was serious about getting help... and he hasn't failed a drug test yet. He truly wants help with the convenience of staying home with his kids. I know some ppl are using it improperly there is no doubt be I think a lot of these are stereotyping the clients that attend and are discouraging to those trying to use in properly. And your right I'm not a doctor I am a nurse. And a dang good one if you ask me. any type of drug rehab going the clients have to have a support system as part of there recovery and that's what I want to do. I want to encourage them all they through their step downs and help them find jobs and get them on the right track. So know you know my views and you have a reason to hate on me. I believe in my friend and with the help of the methadone he is going to beat this addiction.
thank you for this post I wish your friend the best of luck also. I'm detoxing now and its tough but I know ill make it. I've never failed a drug screen or failed a bottle check so I am in good standing myself. I know there are people who go there but don't take it seriously. However I wish people would realize that there are still others who go and do it the right way. The best thing I did was start working again also. I believe all the patients who try working again would do better also.
ummm

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#208
Feb 23, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

samantha82 wrote:
<quoted text> thank you for this post I wish your friend the best of luck also. I'm detoxing now and its tough but I know ill make it. I've never failed a drug screen or failed a bottle check so I am in good standing myself. I know there are people who go there but don't take it seriously. However I wish people would realize that there are still others who go and do it the right way. The best thing I did was start working again also. I believe all the patients who try working again would do better also.
Your STILL detoxing?!?! Jeesh! You were 'detoxing back in November too! I'm all for wishing people luck beating their drug addictions and giving them support, but I have to say I believe your full of CRAP! Detox does not last for over 3 months!

Since: Nov 10

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#209
Feb 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your STILL detoxing?!?! Jeesh! You were 'detoxing back in November too! I'm all for wishing people luck beating their drug addictions and giving them support, but I have to say I believe your full of CRAP! Detox does not last for over 3 months!
fyi it lasts that long if you control how much you go down each week. Do you even know what you're talking about? You must not if you didn't know that patients can control how slow or fast they detox off. What a full of shit non knowing......whatever my life not urs stay out of it

Since: Nov 10

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#210
Feb 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anytime a patient is detoxing and they do it on their own they can go down any where from 1mg up to 15 or 20 mg per day or per week if that's what they want to do. The only way someone else forces them to go down faster is if they owe money and won't pay it or if they aren't trying to pass the drug screens. If they fail too many they'll be put in administrative detox. That's the only way the patient can't decide how much to go down. Also I can go down 1mg per week if I want to. I've went down some then a couple weeks later went down more and so on. I'm not going to do it real fast. Its my life my treatment I'll do it how I wanna do it.

Since: Nov 10

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#211
Feb 23, 2011
 
you have issues wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOKKKK Samantha...whatever you say....
your typing and underlying aggression towards what has been said to you totally gave you away. Have a nice weekend :-)
fyi I didn't type the post you accused me of typing you idiot
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#213
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ummm wrote:
FACT-if you really wanted to get clean you wouldn't still be detoxing...if that is what you are really even doing. Seems to be that you are only going down enough on the mg's to keep Doctors happy and keep getting your methadone fix. Just sayin'
an this bothers you why? are you giving her the money for it? as isee it she isnt hurting anyone an is doing it her way..so whats the problem? as long as she is going down be it 1 or 25..the point is she is coming down from it... Just sayin
to sammy

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#216
Feb 24, 2011
 
samantha82 wrote:
i dont think i said anything about me hoping someone relapses
Post number 161, one of yours on here. If your going to lie all the time at least try and keep it all straight and don't lie about stuff that can be proven.
DR GREY

North Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#218
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

ummm wrote:
I have a problem with people who are a drain on our society that think they are actually contributing. It makes me ill that they think they are in a position to advise people and that they can be so high and mighty about the fact that they are really just a waste of resources.
We all are probably giving her the money for this, directly out of our paychecks. So yeah, I care.
Cancer patients are not in charge of what dosage they receive their meds. I am not in charge of what dosage pain meds I would receive should I break a leg. We (upstanding citizens) have a choice to seek treatment for things or not to seek treatment for things. We don't get to pick and choose the mg's our meds come in. It kills me that pieces of crap who would rather have some replacement drug than truly get clean, get to pick and choose how they receive their 'fix'. It should be up to the Dr's not the druggies.
You should really maybe take a look in the mirror on your "upstanding citizen" to me... a "upstanding citizen" would not be hating on people trying their best to get better. I have to be honest, I used to think negatively about the clinic as well. but, now that i am "educated" on how the system works, it actually makes since. and as far as samantha82's detox, i think she is pretty smart doing her detox the way she is. Like i said i am a nurse, and ive taken care of people that have been administratively detoxed way too fast.... and they are really sick people some have been med-flighted and placed in ICU. Many patients puke so much if they are detoxed to quickly they become dehydrated and have cardiac issues due to severe dehydration. Basically, the only way to fix the detox symptoms from methadone is to give methadone... and both ERs i have worked in don't carry methadone. There is only so much emesis medication you can give. And since you are clearly a stupid person based upon your post... emesis...is vomiting.(LOL) Samantha you are doing great keep up the good work. Oh and as far as jobs go ummm my friend works and probably makes much more than you, is educated and handsome and yes, a drug addict. But that is okay, a true friend stands beside someone through the thick and thin. And don't worry about your money coming out for these people to seek treatment... medicaid, medicare, nor many of the private insurance pays for this type of outpatient care. So, rest easy, its all out of pocket for these individuals. And it isnt cheap... 400-800/month. That's a house payment for many... I just really think you need to think before you speak. and just know addiction can happen to anyone at any given time. so if you do break your leg...watch the lortab cause it maybe just get ahold of you... just sayin....
DR GREY

North Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#219
Feb 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Looks like maybe I shut her up Sammy! HaHa! Keep up the good work and if you need anything just let me know.
ummm

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220
Feb 25, 2011
 
DR GREY wrote:
Looks like maybe I shut her up Sammy! HaHa! Keep up the good work and if you need anything just let me know.
Um, no, you didn't shut me up...I've just been busy. I don't live on this site, I have a home, a job and a family. I usually only stop by here every now and again when I have some free time.
DR GREY

North Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#223
Feb 25, 2011
 
I never said you stupid or dumb. But i do think you are a lil hard on these patients. I know plenty of people that have detoxed on their own and have done great. Most of them did require some symptomatic treatment though from ERs.

Sometimes a slower approach and an approach that makes these patients feel as though they are in control helps in many ways. For one, there are alot of people out there that hate on these individuals for having a problem. And many addicts didn't intentionally become an addict. My friend I mentioned earlier was because of prescription medication given for legitimate medical problems and now he has hit the lowest of lows: admitting he has a problem and getting help with methadone and i am his support system through this. he is doing great. from what i know of sammy she is doing well as well. just don't try to discourage them. just sayin- your a lil mean. i never got on this site until i saw this absurd topic and all of the negative comments about the clinic and the patients. so i have been following this one forum.

and if i hurt your feelings i am sorry i didn't mean to, it just really gets under my skin some of things that you have said
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#224
Feb 26, 2011
 
DR GREY wrote:
I never said you stupid or dumb. But i do think you are a lil hard on these patients. I know plenty of people that have detoxed on their own and have done great. Most of them did require some symptomatic treatment though from ERs.
Sometimes a slower approach and an approach that makes these patients feel as though they are in control helps in many ways. For one, there are alot of people out there that hate on these individuals for having a problem. And many addicts didn't intentionally become an addict. My friend I mentioned earlier was because of prescription medication given for legitimate medical problems and now he has hit the lowest of lows: admitting he has a problem and getting help with methadone and i am his support system through this. he is doing great. from what i know of sammy she is doing well as well. just don't try to discourage them. just sayin- your a lil mean. i never got on this site until i saw this absurd topic and all of the negative comments about the clinic and the patients. so i have been following this one forum.
and if i hurt your feelings i am sorry i didn't mean to, it just really gets under my skin some of things that you have said
that was very well put dr grey. it seems it is very easy for others to sit an critize others for something that they dont agree with or care about. there are lots of people who have turned to methadone for one reason or another. i dont know of anyone who has said im gonna become a addict. i to have went thru detox on my own an i assure you it wasnt pretty. i am Samanthas support through her detox. i have been with her for 9 months an she means the world to me. an i will be there for me when she needs me. an i will totally support her. we all need a shoulder ever now an then an im gonna make sure that Samantha has my shoulder to lean on for all etenity. it amazes me how people can come on here an put down others that they know nothing about. an most have no clue how hard a addiction is to stop. its like ever addidiction. be it, food, smoking, or something as simple as giving up your favorite food.
Samantha is a very loving,caring person an if anyone knew her they would know this also.she has also been there for me through my health issues as well. an has been a great help to me in my time of need. during the loss of a family member.. you should always judge a person by whats inside em. an not their past.. we have all done stuff in our past we arent proud of. so to you DR GREY.. stand by your friend no matter what. im sure that they will appreciate you for it. an will be there for you should you ever need anything..

Since: Nov 10

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#225
Feb 26, 2011
 
ummm wrote:
FACT-if you really wanted to get clean you wouldn't still be detoxing...if that is what you are really even doing. Seems to be that you are only going down enough on the mg's to keep Doctors happy and keep getting your methadone fix. Just sayin'
if I wanted to keep taking it then why would I bother coming down any at all? The doctor was happy the way it was no one forced me into detox I did it myself for me and only me just saying

Since: Nov 10

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#226
Feb 26, 2011
 
DR GREY wrote:
Looks like maybe I shut her up Sammy! HaHa! Keep up the good work and if you need anything just let me know.
thank you so much. I am really trying. Nobody on here knows me or knows how bad this hurts me when people are mean to me just cause they don't share the same opinions as me. I even posted an apology to these people a while back and they still attack me. One of them posted comments and acted like I did it. I hope something good happens to you cause you seem like a very nice person who has a good heart. Good posts make a difference for someone sometimes who need a kind word to cheer them up so thank you a lot for yours.
hokie

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#227
Feb 26, 2011
 
No one has the life ambition of becoming a drug addict. I know someone that was in a car accident and was injured pretty bad. She was given pain medication during her recovery for several months. The doctor stopped dispensing the meds suddenly and by this time she was hooked. This person even questioned her doctor about the possibility of becoming addicted to the meds and was told you can't get addicted to these pills when they are being used to treat painful injuries and when she healed she could stop taking the medication without any problem. Obviously this was not true. When the prescriptions stopped she found herself not being able to get out bed, severe body aches, constant diarrhea, cold sweats, and vomitting. She thought she might have gotten the flu, but these were obviously detox symptoms. One thing led to another and she was unable to work, take care of her kids, or function as a normal person so she started going to the clinic. She has never failed a drug test and lives a normal life with her pain controlled. The clinic gave my children their mother back and me my wife back. It does cost quite a bit and we are not on welfare, but it is worth it. She hates it came to this, it was not what she intended.

Since: Nov 10

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#231
Mar 2, 2011
 
It doesn't matter if any of us agree or disagree with each other on this or any topic. One thing not many of us have touched on is the fact that that no matter how recovering addicts chose to seek treatment for their individual addiction one thing that needs to be there is a support system. In my case my sweetheart John has been through every up and down that I've went through with this. It sounds like others on here have been there for their friends and family members too. That's the best thing anyone can do for a recovering addict. I honestly don't know if I could've made it this far without John. He has stood by me, been my sponsor, my best friend, my sweetheart, my rock, my everything. Everyone I thought were friends turned their backs on me when I chose to get out of the life I had before. He's the only one who hasn't left me and I thank him for it everyday. If anyone on here knows a recovering addict please talk to them, be there for them, find out how you can help them, and you may be suprised what an amazing impact you can have on someones recovery. To John thank you baby for everything.

Since: Nov 10

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#232
Mar 2, 2011
 
ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
I look in the mirror everyday, I don't claim to be perfect but I like who I see. I am someone who is not dependent on ANY medications, I don't need anything to help me get through the day. I've been there and came out a better person for fighting my addiction a natural way, with the love and support of my family and my faith.
There is no need for you to start going off about who is smarter than the other, I've met quite a few nurses that were complete morons. Even more that like to talk a big talk but are to lazy to get off their butts to help their patients. So you really don't need to go there when it comes to who is more competent. You don't even realize that you are talking to someone who used to work in the medical field and has a whole family of medical professionals. Me an idiot? No, just sick of people like you and Sammy.
I never said that the Methadone treatment came out of my paycheck in the form of medicare, medicaid. I am smart enough to realize though that people like Samantha have lived off welfare (foodstamps-cash assistance-hud) while feeding their addictions. They also do it while seeking methadone 'treatment'. So in a sense their treatment is paid for by us because the money that comes out of our paychecks enables these piece of crap individuals to live the lives they lead.
I am also smart enough to know that you wouldn't need to detox off of methadone if you never start methadone treatment in the first place. My whole point of every post I have ever made on this topic is to point out that there are other, better treatments for drug addiction. You are talking about all the negative side effects of a non methadone detox? There are many ways to do it, not all cause cardiac side effects and 'emesis'.*side note* emesis and cardiac issues can also be caused by DOING DRUGS!
More importantly, once you detox, your not cured. I depends on what you do after the detox is done. Stringing out a detox for years makes you WAY more susceptible to using again. Because...once everything is done you no longer have the routine/habit of taking your 'meds'(whatever they are).
for your information if you ever wanna meet me at my work sometime let me know. I don't draw walfare or foodstamps you will be happy to know. I doubt you work anyway. Also you or anyone else doesn't pay for my methadone....I DO! SO SHUT UP YOUR LIES IDIOT. I AM NOT STRINGING OUT MY DETOX FOR YEARS EITHER STUPID. WHY DON'T YOU POST SOME WHERE THAT YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT IT IS YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND LEAVE US ALONE ON HERE. YOU'RE THE ONE ON FOOD STAMPS NOT ME.

Since: Nov 10

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#233
Mar 2, 2011
 
ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
I look in the mirror everyday, I don't claim to be perfect but I like who I see. I am someone who is not dependent on ANY medications, I don't need anything to help me get through the day. I've been there and came out a better person for fighting my addiction a natural way, with the love and support of my family and my faith.
There is no need for you to start going off about who is smarter than the other, I've met quite a few nurses that were complete morons. Even more that like to talk a big talk but are to lazy to get off their butts to help their patients. So you really don't need to go there when it comes to who is more competent. You don't even realize that you are talking to someone who used to work in the medical field and has a whole family of medical professionals. Me an idiot? No, just sick of people like you and Sammy.
I never said that the Methadone treatment came out of my paycheck in the form of medicare, medicaid. I am smart enough to realize though that people like Samantha have lived off welfare (foodstamps-cash assistance-hud) while feeding their addictions. They also do it while seeking methadone 'treatment'. So in a sense their treatment is paid for by us because the money that comes out of our paychecks enables these piece of crap individuals to live the lives they lead.
I am also smart enough to know that you wouldn't need to detox off of methadone if you never start methadone treatment in the first place. My whole point of every post I have ever made on this topic is to point out that there are other, better treatments for drug addiction. You are talking about all the negative side effects of a non methadone detox? There are many ways to do it, not all cause cardiac side effects and 'emesis'.*side note* emesis and cardiac issues can also be caused by DOING DRUGS!
More importantly, once you detox, your not cured. It depends on what you do after the detox is done. Stringing out a detox for years makes you WAY more susceptible to using again. Because...once everything is done you no longer have the routine/habit of taking your 'meds'(whatever they are).
unless you can prove I am or have ever been on any type of public assistance than you need to shut up. I CAN PROVE THAT I WORK AND HAVE NEVER BEEN ON ANY TYPE OF PUBLIC ASSISTANCE EVER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HUD, FOODSTAMPS MEDICAID OR FUEL ASSISTANCE. So to you...... PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!
Dwayne

North Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#234
Jun 3, 2012
 
I just wanna say to everyone on here that I'm sorry for what I said about Methadone Maitenance.
john

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#235
Jun 3, 2012
 
What changed your mind Dwayne

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Tazewell Forum right now

Search the Tazewell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jon edmonds 8 min angelwithadevilshabit 3
I love you always (Jul '13) 1 hr always 446
Nicole solano 4 hr Lanamarie22 4
Police officers and divorce (Oct '13) 7 hr Ridiculous 81
The Truth Hurts 11 hr Hey you 11
david dale? (Apr '11) 12 hr sosad 22
Who will get your vote 13 hr special election 0
•••
•••
•••
Tazewell Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Tazewell Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tazewell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Tazewell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tazewell
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••