justI

United States

#1 Jun 30, 2010
are they having fierworks at tazewell fair grounds this july the 4th?
true or false

Pounding Mill, VA

#2 Jun 30, 2010
They will be at Tazewell High. Festivities start at 6 pm. Fireworks will probably be around 9 or 9:30. It was in the free press today.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 Jul 2, 2010
will it be saturday or sunday?
truth squad

North Tazewell, VA

#4 Jul 2, 2010
Sunday, the 4th. They haven't been at the fairgrounds for 15-20 yrs.
to TS

New Hope, VA

#5 Jul 2, 2010
Their where fireworks at the fairgrounds just a few years ago!! Get your facts straight.
yessir

United States

#6 Jul 4, 2010
watched them at the fairgrounds 3 or 4 years ago.
truth squad

North Tazewell, VA

#7 Jul 4, 2010
the town July 4 fireworks have been at the high school for nearly 20 yrs. maybe you are thinking of the county fair's fireworks or some other event
to ts

New Hope, VA

#8 Jul 4, 2010
Not it wasnt. I watched them at the fairgrouds on the 4th many times. I dont go to the fair, I am not stupid. It was the 4th. Look it up!
whatever

Richlands, VA

#9 Jul 5, 2010
the fireworks were at the high school. the "secondary" location, Magic Mart, was slammed with people. Cars were all over the place - McDonald's, the road, even off ramps of 460.

So why can't the town figure out a way to draw in this many people on other occasions? There still wasn't anything else to do - only McD's was open and the line was long. Come on people, let's encourage more activity!

BTW - I didn't think the fireworks were up to snuff this year. I appreciate the people that donate time and money to provide them but it was a little lacking. Still yet, it was something (better than nothing). I wish Magic Mart would have stayed open though - I would have shopped.

Since: Apr 10

Tazewell

#10 Jul 5, 2010
My friend and I agreed that this was a better fireworks show than normal for Tazewell. They lasted a longer time and were pretty great. Everyone at the high school seemed to genuinely enjoy it. I think Magic Mart closes early on Sundays anyway, Whatever. Plus, it was the fourth, give these businesses a break! As for the 4th of July fireworks being at the fairgrounds 3 or 4 years ago, I don't believe that's accurate. I could be wrong.
upset

North Tazewell, VA

#11 Jul 5, 2010
yes, the evening was wonderful.
Ann

Port Republic, VA

#12 Jul 6, 2010
yes they were at the fairgrounds a couple years back because I was there. And i have to say it was really horrible!! It was so dusty and yucky and the firworks were over on a hill--not close enough at all, was so glad when they moved it back to the high school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clayton Alford 4 hr Justwondering 1
Megan Montaigne? 6 hr The Tazewell Bulldog 3
Billy Hash ran over in Dryfork 6 hr The Tazewell Bulldog 2
Teachers and Facebook (Oct '10) 6 hr The Tazewell Bulldog 13
Middle school basketball 9 hr Billy 56
Gold and silver or bitcoin Tue Beautiful Blonde 2
Sexual allegations Tue Tommy 6

Tazewell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance