Tazewell Football
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cyndi

Beckley, WV

#1 Oct 19, 2011
Just wondering has anyone even noticed that most of the Sr. Football Player Quit the team 2days ago?
t-town

Catlett, VA

#2 Oct 20, 2011
not just seniors, a whole lot of all team quit
Cyndi

Beckley, WV

#3 Oct 20, 2011
Is anyone looking in to why? I talked a lot of trash about the coaches but i never dreamed it was that really that bad for them. I just wanted people to get invovled and see what was going on. All those boys love football. What would make so many of them quit? I know they are good kids that stick up for each other no matter what. I heard a reason but its not a good rumor to start if it is not true...(even if I dont like the coaches). Maybe I should just call the news paper they will get to the bottom of it and then maybe we will get answers.
Grow up

Charlotte, NC

#5 Oct 21, 2011
Cyndi, either you know what is going on or you don't. Which is it? On one thread you pretend to know the story and here you don't. Stop trying to cause problems and if you have a real issue, address it.
Cyndi

Beckley, WV

#6 Oct 22, 2011
That is my point. Know one cares enough to look into it. I just want to know why no one but me has talked to the coach and the school. It not good enough for one person to complain or ask for someone to look into it. We the parents have to stand behind our children and if they say there is a problem whe should look it to it. I know what my son has said and yes he is still playing. A councler or teacher or someone needs to get the boys together and and ask them why 20 seniors and countless other stopped playing a couple a games away from the end of the season. We as parents should get someone to help get the bottom of it me telling you what my son said he thinks the reasons and it is reasons, they quit. Is not going to solve anything. No they just want to attack someone who saw it coming and was trying to get the community to support our children before it was to late. Think about it they will remember their senior year for the rest of their live. Do we want them to remember that we did not even care enough to even ask them why they felt so bullied that they had to give up something they loved.
Smarter

Cherryville, NC

#7 Oct 22, 2011
Your son is a quitter and you are making excuses for his actions.
i know

North Tazewell, VA

#8 Oct 22, 2011
i know exactly why they quit it was becase one of the linemen not knowing any names at the marion game got threw out of the game they were either going to suspend him for the rest of the season or he quit so he quit all the players that u r talking about said if he cant play then we refuse to play so the coach said if thats how you feel then pack your sh!t and get out of here they left they thought he was forcing them to quit coach tate said if they dont want to play then not to let them back on. that is what i heard
richlands

Richlands, VA

#9 Oct 22, 2011
Dont know how good the Freshman QB is, but if he is Jessee Davis son and he comes to Richlands, Coach Mance will turn him into an All-State QB! Just telling the truth
i know

North Tazewell, VA

#10 Oct 23, 2011
well yeah he is no longer on the team either.
Blue-Dog Fan

North Tazewell, VA

#11 Oct 23, 2011
I hate that they quit. I went to Richlands and am a fan. I am also a Bulldog fan to. Alot of people will disagree with me but they need to build a new school half way and consolidate Tazewell and Richlands .
NOT

Richlands, VA

#12 Oct 24, 2011
Blue-Dog Fan wrote:
I hate that they quit. I went to Richlands and am a fan. I am also a Bulldog fan to. Alot of people will disagree with me but they need to build a new school half way and consolidate Tazewell and Richlands .
This will never happen, and yes ppl will disagree ;)
Truth

Antioch, TN

#13 Oct 24, 2011
the truth is one of the lineman got ejected from the marion game & he was going to be suspended for 2 games then him and a coach got into a disagreement thats all end of story and he decided not to go back it would just be easier that way..then the other ones who quit decided that it was the right thing to do to take the players side and also not play any longer!
well

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Oct 24, 2011
what
Tazewell sports

Tazewell, VA

#15 Oct 24, 2011
Coach Tate will turn the program around. Get the parents out of it and let Tazewell football get back to the way it was in the 80`s. If the coach yells at you, you probably deserve it, mommy and daddy wouldnt run down on the field and stick there nose in it back then... now tazwell sports is who you are and not what you can do.. great job coach tate, you will turn them around..
truth is

Richlands, VA

#16 Oct 28, 2011
Dear Richlands: If Coach Mance wants the freshman, I would bet that his family will be willing to move or make the necessary arrangements to get him there. This kid has alot of talent and can play offense or defense. Talent must run in the family, after all he is cousins to the Johnson boys!!!!
Biznuss

North Tazewell, VA

#17 Oct 28, 2011
truth is wrote:
Dear Richlands: If Coach Mance wants the freshman, I would bet that his family will be willing to move or make the necessary arrangements to get him there. This kid has alot of talent and can play offense or defense. Talent must run in the family, after all he is cousins to the Johnson boys!!!!
That shows real loyalty there. Besides Mance has already been back to the county looking at some of the Big Creek boys. If these freshman don't like discipline or take orders. Richlands would be the last place to go. They do believe in hard work and dedication. Sumthin our kids need to start doing.
to the freshman

Cedar Bluff, VA

#18 Oct 28, 2011
coach mance doesent recruit. he wont come calling so my suggestion to the freshman is to move now so you can have a bright future! He is the best coach you will ever know and the school is top knotch. richlands is the best of the best!! and will bring the best out in you!!
Biznuss

North Tazewell, VA

#19 Oct 29, 2011
to the freshman wrote:
coach mance doesent recruit. he wont come calling so my suggestion to the freshman is to move now so you can have a bright future! He is the best coach you will ever know and the school is top knotch. richlands is the best of the best!! and will bring the best out in you!!
yea you just keep saying that but everybody from McDowell to Princeton knows the truth. It's all about winning and Richlands will go to extremes to do it. Someday the wall will come crumbling down.
Cat

Cherryville, NC

#20 Oct 29, 2011
Biznuss wrote:
<quoted text> yea you just keep saying that but everybody from McDowell to Princeton knows the truth. It's all about winning and Richlands will go to extremes to do it. Someday the wall will come crumbling down.
It's been done for years, and very successfully at Richlands. However, not many of their players end up in division one schools. Meaning, they are great for this area but not up to par nationally.

“I'm Gay- Deal With It!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#21 Oct 29, 2011
They probably all quit because they suck! I went to Tazewell but always rooted for Richlands, yeah I know, I'm a total trader with good reasons. Tazewell football has always been a horrible, even back in the mid to late 90's. Too many parents baby their little boys, and when their kid who sucks doesn't get to play they like to run down and cause a scene. I remember in high school the football players bragging about banging this girl and that girl, never really talking about game play strategies that had anything to do with "football." It was always about popularity. Those guys didn't give a crap about the game, because they never tried- score the first touchdown and they thought they had already won the game. It's going to get to the point Tazewell won't have a football team. So if all these boys did quit the team, it was probably because their so sick and tired of being the county losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thrift Stores (Mar '13) 18 min Kenza 15
Joe Day 7 hr Must know 6
NEW RESTAURANT called SEVEN (Jan '17) Thu TommyB 20
New Local Store Thu KAILI 3
trader jerry's (Dec '10) Wed Pete1959 23
Anyone know of a good ordained minister? Wed Suri 1
Brandon salyer Apr 17 Yes 3

Tazewell Jobs

Personal Finance

Tazewell Mortgages