Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Anyone know about this cave and where it is?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

I guess it doesn't exist after all.
yes

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

I know of lots of caves in the area but have never heard one called that name. What have you heard about it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

I heard it is somewhere in Thompson Valley but don't know where exactly. The person that told me about it awhile back said farmers use to hear loud scary sounds coming out of the cave. The cave was found after a huge sink hole caved in. Two explorers went into the cave many years ago and were supposed to have seen large metal doors way down deep into the cave. They didn't have enough rope with them to explore further. That is all I heard and was curious if anyone knows more about the story and exact location.
yes

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Mothball wrote:
I heard it is somewhere in Thompson Valley but don't know where exactly. The person that told me about it awhile back said farmers use to hear loud scary sounds coming out of the cave. The cave was found after a huge sink hole caved in. Two explorers went into the cave many years ago and were supposed to have seen large metal doors way down deep into the cave. They didn't have enough rope with them to explore further. That is all I heard and was curious if anyone knows more about the story and exact location.
There is one behind Thompson Valley Presbyterian Church back in that field. Years ago someone told me they held satanic rituals back in there but you know how people talk. I've been in it, but not very far back. Never saw anything unusual.
Stranger

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Back in the 80's there was a cave just past Kulchars junkyard on the left where people were supposed to have had rituals? Who knows?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Thank you both for your info.
Hard Harry

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

I also had never heard of this. Anyone with any info on this or any other paranormal goings-on in this area please contact me via Facebook or at Hardharry-1@hotmail.com

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

I am interested in hearing more on this subject matter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

I haven't heard anything else but you can Google it and come up with some info about it. It seems others have heard about it as well. I have no plans of visiting the cave. I was just curious if the stories were actually true or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

I just noticed my error in the title name. It is supposed to be Devil's Slide Cave. Sorry about that error.
Be Nimble

Bandy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

Search this site for yourself, go deep within the cave and just when u think there is nothing there, cant possibly be anything like that push a little bit deeper and you will find what you are looking for. I know what I speak of.
Hard Harry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

You've been there?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

Where is Devil's Slide Cave?
SLH777

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

The two caves are located on the eastern side of Knob Mountain in Thompson Valley, a few miles south of Tazewell, VA. The entrances are both found in the bottom of sinkholes less than 1000 feet apart. A "more-of ten--than- not" stream makes the entrance and exploration of Higgenbotham's very miserable, while a 140-foot drop close to the entrance of Devil's Slide is quite tiring and often dangerous for exiting explorers.
(Info. via internet search).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

I wonder who owns the land where the caves are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

I don't know that area so I can't help you, Cabbagestalk.
Curious

Bandy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

cabbagestalk wrote:
I wonder who owns the land where the caves are.
If you google "caves in tazewell county, va", there's a link titled "closed caves list" and it tells who owns the properties where the caves are located. It's very interesting to me! I've lived in Tazewell my entire life and had no idea there was such large caves here. I'm pretty sure the list said the entrance to Higginbotham #1 AKA devils slide was on property owned by the Coxtons.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

Thank you to all who offered information on this thread.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Ginger_M wrote:
I don't know that area so I can't help you, Cabbagestalk.
\

Are you from Grundy? My sister had a friend from there. I won't put the last name here but it started with a M. My sister's name is Carrie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Tazewell Forum right now

Search the Tazewell Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Police officers and divorce (Oct '13) 2 hr nibody 101
Who will get your vote 3 hr both parties suck 12
I love you always (Jul '13) 4 hr leona lewis 486
looks like Ben Chafin kicked Hyme's Rear End 5 hr Just Thinking 5
jonathan jones 19 hr pills soup me up 2
Single Good God Fearing Women Aug 17 Good God Fearing ... 4
47 people charged in Tazewell Co. drug probe (Jun '12) Aug 17 Just talk 5
•••
•••