Miss Daffodil Pagent
atazgrl7

Tazewell, VA

#1 Apr 10, 2010
Does anyone know when the pagent starts or where they are having it? Thanks
Concerned Parent

Ashburn, VA

#2 Apr 11, 2010
I was a bit upset with the Miss Daffodil Pageant! My daughter was in the 6-7 year old category. We were specifically told by the pageant director that it was an all natural pageant and that the use of hair pieces and make-up were not supposed to be used by the little girls. Also, we were told that the outfit was to be like an Easter dress or something, but it didn't matter because the dresses were not even going to be judged!!! However, the girl that one had on make-up and a very "fluffy" pageant dress!!! I was very upset!!!
any idea

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Apr 12, 2010
Do you have any idea who won in the different age divisions?
thatswhatsup

Richlands, VA

#4 Apr 12, 2010
Concerned Parent wrote:
I was a bit upset with the Miss Daffodil Pageant! My daughter was in the 6-7 year old category. We were specifically told by the pageant director that it was an all natural pageant and that the use of hair pieces and make-up were not supposed to be used by the little girls. Also, we were told that the outfit was to be like an Easter dress or something, but it didn't matter because the dresses were not even going to be judged!!! However, the girl that one had on make-up and a very "fluffy" pageant dress!!! I was very upset!!!
This is exactly why I refuse to put my children in these things!
a good cause

Port Republic, VA

#5 Apr 12, 2010
This pageant was a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society. So I don't think anyone should be upset about the outcome. I was in the audience & think all the winners were deserving of the titles.
I also don't think you need to be discussing children on this site!!
question

Port Republic, VA

#6 Apr 12, 2010
Concerned Parent wrote:
I was a bit upset with the Miss Daffodil Pageant! My daughter was in the 6-7 year old category. We were specifically told by the pageant director that it was an all natural pageant and that the use of hair pieces and make-up were not supposed to be used by the little girls. Also, we were told that the outfit was to be like an Easter dress or something, but it didn't matter because the dresses were not even going to be judged!!! However, the girl that one had on make-up and a very "fluffy" pageant dress!!! I was very upset!!!
I know I am being picky -- but you spell won meaning the winner WON not ONE --- just saying.
Concerned Parent

Simpsonville, SC

#7 Apr 14, 2010
a good cause wrote:
This pageant was a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society. So I don't think anyone should be upset about the outcome. I was in the audience & think all the winners were deserving of the titles.
I also don't think you need to be discussing children on this site!!
I know that it was for a good cause...(and i was not discussing the kids, i was discussing the parents!!!) I would not have allowed both of my children to be in it for the cost of the entry fee if the money had not went to the American Cancer Society! I am not even upset that my child didn't win! I just think that one set of rules need to be made and every parent comply with them!!! My daughter is going to be in the Miss Spring Blossom pageant in a couple of weeks and the pageant director told me that it was "Sunday Best" and if the parents didn't obey the rules, the child would not be allowed to compete!!! And that is how it should go!!!
truth squad

Port Republic, VA

#8 Apr 14, 2010
girls that young shouldn't be in beauty contests anyway....it gives them a sexist set of priorities in life. American Cancer Society can do better, like encouraging youngsters to help those in need
for the record

Port Republic, VA

#9 Apr 15, 2010
http://www.relay.pyottboone.com/2010pageant.h...

It doesn't say anything about make up not being allowed, also says dresses will not be judged so the dress type didn't matter. I think if rules were broken, something would have been said. It's a beauty pageant, you should expect pageant dresses & a little make up unless otherwise stated. Which it was not.

They raised quite a bit of cash for the American Cancer Society. I disagree, pageants don't necessarily teach a sexist set of priorities. It should be for fun & not taken so seriously!!
camping crew

Richlands, VA

#10 Apr 2, 2011
My little girl was in the 6 & 7 year olds and didn't win either but we do it because of the number of loved ones in our family lost to cancer as well as a large number of survivors. My daughter loves it. I ask her if she wants to be in it and what ever her choice is I'm fine with it. My daughter says she is a winner just by being in it, she doesn't care if she is first or last. She has fun and it definately is for a good cause.
team member

United States

#11 Apr 3, 2011
atazgrl7 wrote:
Does anyone know when the pagent starts or where they are having it? Thanks
. The pageant will be held at tazewell middle school and the time depends on what age group your child is in. The youngers girls start earleir and the older girls a little later. How old is your child?
wow

North Tazewell, VA

#12 Apr 24, 2011
look, everyone wins sometimes and everyone looses sometimes. pageants are supposed to be fun, and no matter the outcome they are designed to boost the confidence of a child by getting all pretttied up and getting as many compliments as there are being thrown around. they are intended to make children feel special. i participated in the junior Miss daffodil division and i didnt win. am i upset? no, because the girl who did win looked beautiful, as did all of the other contestants. being upset about the outcome of a pageant is useless because it all depends on the judges and what they are looking for. being upset about something like that is quite unintellegent because all of the money raised went to a very good cause. i understand that your children might be upset if they dont win, but compliment them and let them know that they are special and beautiful and teach them to look for the beautiful qualities and attributes everyone has. teach them to act maturely so one day when their children wish to particiapate in pageants they will carry the good sportsmanship that this generation of parents has taught them.
SBB

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Apr 6, 2013
I was very upset because I don't believe that the girls that won, should have. In the groups there were girls that were great and yet girls that was wearing giant flowers in their hair, to much make-up, and tripping on stage won? Even tonight in the "Junior Miss", I thought that girl #1 and #2 should of been at least one of the runners up, but they didn't even place anything. This is now my daughters last year in that pageant because I refuse to put her back in there. They need new and better judges! They have the same ones each year, and well, they need new ones that know what they are doing!
JOE

Knoxville, TN

#14 Apr 7, 2013
Treat them like Honey Boo Boo!! They are so rigged. Trust me, they are!!!! It is all about $$$$. Enough said.
paul

Nashville, TN

#15 Apr 8, 2013
JOE wrote:
Treat them like Honey Boo Boo!! They are so rigged. Trust me, they are!!!! It is all about $$$$. Enough said.
Not enough said goes to show what you know i know the lady that does the pagent it is not all about money to her it is about helpihg to find a cure and if more people had her drive for the cause it will come sooner than later if you want to find out for yourself come to the TCCTC ON 4/18 AT 6:00 PM and you all can see for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any decent ladies in the bluefield area 6 hr George longerdork 4
Next Bulldog Football Coach Wed Billy 21
Joe Stevenson Dec 6 James Long 3
ttazewell and STDs ....Whos tainted ???? Dec 6 James Long 3
Arf! Jingle! Dec 5 Ralph 2
Tazewell Single A Dec 4 Billy 3
Arf! Gobble! Nov 29 The Tazewell Bulldog 5

Tazewell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tazewell Mortgages