Since: Mar 11

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Has anyone heard the news on the streets of Tazewell about the latest with Tazewell County Fire/Rescue? If you haven't then let me tell you what I have heard now..........
Seems that someone at TCFR hasn't been tending to business and let the workers compensation insurance become in arrears. With that being said, one of their employees David Dale fell last week while on the job or at least at one of TCFR's stations and broke his let. Guess what, no workers comp means this comes out of Dale's pocket. Can anyone say LAWSUIT?????????? When is the Board of Supervisors, Jim Spencer or someone in this county gonna wake up and realize that this agency needs a change in administration. This is totally unacceptable for this county. If the employees aren't covered is their insurance paid up to cover the patients that ride on the back of their squads both emergencies and transports alike. As a taxpayer, I think Chief Allison or whomever keeps his books and pays the bills for TCFR should have to make amends for this as well as tell us, the taxpayers, why this was allowed to happen.

Since: Mar 11

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

And yes, before you say anything I do have a typo. It should read that he broke his leg. Plus he has some fractures in his ankle and foot.
dogmadesick

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

I can't believe that this could happen. I mean these are the people we depend on to take of us when we are unable to take care of ourselves. Wonder if they are forgetting to do other things that could be dangerous such as stocking their squads. Makes you wonder if you shouldn't request 911 to send someone other than Tazewell County Fire and Rescue
cat wit claws

North Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

Yes tazewell county fire and rescue does stock there trucks,they just like any other dept have daily check offs that are reviewed daily. First of all it is sad that anyone at davids expense would get on here and talk about what happened to him,to try and miss lead the community so your agency may appear to be the better of the two.. At least they do know how to use the equipment that they have. But I won't sit here and degrade either agency they both as all agencies have there own problems... Lawsuit maybe so . But who is at fault anyway,if u knew the. Whole story maybe you might say it is someone other than fire dept at fault. But for the love of god stop this it is ridiculous.,
Curositykilledth ecat

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

I agree with one thing you said.........ridiculous it is.......the way that this county sweeps under the carpet and has for years. I am an individual taxpayer, I belong to no agency that you are referring to so I am in no pissing contest like the rest of you, which is also ridiculous. Seems to me that everyone is working for the same goal, caring for patients, and therefore, you ALL should learn to play together like good little boys and girls. This post was not meant to hurt David Dale in no way. And whose fault can it be other than TCFR that the insurance was not paid and that no one caught it before it was too late.
FYI

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Volunteer Fire and Rescue personnel are covered under an insurance policy through Tazewell County BOS. They will cover all expences incurred through the accident if the person was on duty. Since this station bills for services, I am unsure how the county handles those claims. Call Pat Green. She is wonderful to work with. Best of luch to David, and sorry to hear of the incident!
Just Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

The last i heard Mr. Allison's wife was taking care if the books.... That right there should tell ya something about the agency...... If he would stop buying things for his own house with the funds from the account then maybe he could pay the right bills for the agency.... The two people that should be out of that department is Bill Allison and the son Seth that is what is bringing the department down really fast...... And it is very sad that someone gets hurt at work and the department cant even back up the insurance for there people WTF is wrong with that agency all i can say is SHUT IT DOWN and let Jeffersonville cont to do a great job that they are doing......
Curositykilledth ecat

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

I don't know who is taking care of the books, who buys what with what funds, and what kind of job that Jeffersonville is doing but it's just sad that am employee has to worry about not having a bill paid that would cause them not to have insurance. Imagine the shock and humilitation David Dale felt when he tried to turn this accident in on comp and being told he's not covered while in such pain. TCFR and the Tazewell County BOS should be so humiliated. Wake up Tazewell..................

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tazewell Discussions

Search the Tazewell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
whos the biggest wierdo.... 5 hr view 1
I love you always (Jul '13) 8 hr Leona lewis 455
Jon edmonds 13 hr Janice 17
Dalton blankenship (Jul '13) 13 hr matt elswick 47
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 14 hr James 2,541
New Pawn Shop in Claypool Hill 19 hr unbelieveable 3
Tazewell Jukebox (Jun '12) Fri Johnson mountain boys 115
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tazewell Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tazewell People Search