Lice in the Elementary school

Lice in the Elementary school

Posted in the Tazewell Forum

coping

United States

#1 Jan 8, 2013
Why is the lice so bad in the elementary school? I am getting letters home so often of children found with lice yet the same kids go missing from my daughters class every time they check. Why are the parents not taking care of the problem? why is the school allowing these children back into the school and suggesting home remedies instead of buying the real medicated shampoo at the drug store. If everyone took care of there own kids' head like there suppose too then you all could nip it in the bud once and for all. Please I'm begging you!!!! DO SO!! I was glad to hear DSS was finally called in on a couple families that needed the help since they obviously couldn't fix the problem for themselves. Thanks DSS.
Wondering

Hinton, WV

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Because the parents are usually laid up drunk or high and don't really care if their house is clean and their children are clean. Besides they are getting a check from our glorious government every month so they don't need to do anything.
curious

Bluefield, WV

#3 Jan 9, 2013
which elementary school?
Umm

North Tazewell, VA

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Actually, many of the children who have repeated episodes of lice are not from homes where they draw government checks. Many of these repeat cases are from homes of affluent homes. Many parents honestly don't think it is their responsibility or problem ans the school needs top fix it. Many parents have the means to make a change in the care and hygiene of their children, but they just don't want to take the time to clean everything. Washing the head is not the end of the process to rid your home of an infestation.
curious

Bluefield, WV

#5 Jan 10, 2013
which school?
coping

United States

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Curious - North Taz. Ele.

Ummm - Fortunately for the lazy asses it IS that easy. all they have to do is shampoo and comb there kids' hair with the lice comb and repeat in a week. Simple as that. Yes bedding and such should be washed but even just shampooing the kid WILL rid them of lice. The rest is just preventative measures. Of course common sense would tell us to do it anyway.

Wondering - I'm not sure if you know it or not but lice is actually attracted to CLEAN hair. Dirty hair is unpleasant for the critters and the hair follicle is to oily to "stick" an egg too.

Did you also know that the kids can return to school with eggs? Yep they sure can. As long as there are no bugs visible. it takes up to 3 weeks to rid the head of infestation and they can't keep kids out of school for that long so they let them back in with eggs..........

Girls, hair up in buns and tons of hairspray everyday..... protect your wee one's.
uggh

Bluefield, VA

#7 Jan 20, 2013
this makes my head itch
Hair Dresser

Bluefield, WV

#8 Jan 21, 2013
Your right lice loves clean hair. Parents need to keep girls with long hair pulled up in a pony tail and spray them down with hairspray every day or oil their hair and then pull it up. Shampoo with tea tree shampoo because they do no like the smell of it. In the event that the medicated shampoo doesnt work there is a home solution that you can use on your child and its alot safer. I had to use it on my daughter. Put Olive Oil on the person hair, make sure you cover the hair very generously and then put a shower cap on the head so the lice cant excape and leave it on the head for 6 to 8 hours. Then shampoo with Dawn or Joy dish washing liquid and mix a little bit of tea tree oil in with it. After you have shampooed take a blow dryer with the hotest setting dry the hair and while drying take a comb and comb it out. I know its messy and takes a little bit of time to do it but it does work. Hope this helps!!!
coping wrote:
Curious - North Taz. Ele.
Ummm - Fortunately for the lazy asses it IS that easy. all they have to do is shampoo and comb there kids' hair with the lice comb and repeat in a week. Simple as that. Yes bedding and such should be washed but even just shampooing the kid WILL rid them of lice. The rest is just preventative measures. Of course common sense would tell us to do it anyway.
Wondering - I'm not sure if you know it or not but lice is actually attracted to CLEAN hair. Dirty hair is unpleasant for the critters and the hair follicle is to oily to "stick" an egg too.
Did you also know that the kids can return to school with eggs? Yep they sure can. As long as there are no bugs visible. it takes up to 3 weeks to rid the head of infestation and they can't keep kids out of school for that long so they let them back in with eggs..........
Girls, hair up in buns and tons of hairspray everyday..... protect your wee one's.
Back n The Day

United States

#9 Mar 16, 2013
Personal hygene tazewell elementary should make manditory classes on hygene maybe that would help since parents wont practice hygene and teach it to there own childten

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pet fox in tazewell? 19 hr anoya3957 1
t4respassing and harassment 23 hr Justice Is Not Bl... 2
syrena saleem (Jan '11) 23 hr thatkidoverthere 29
Transfering to richlands 23 hr where are u 121
Christa Locklear Tue curious 1
david s. what a joke Aug 30 hmmm 3
tommy marrs Aug 30 adam 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tazewell Mortgages