What the hell do people do around here

Posted in the Tazewell Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not excited

New Tazewell, TN

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Been working here for a week. I gotta say this is a pretty uneventful little place. Seems to be nice people but damn im bored. What do people do around here? o well One more week and im outta here.
sleepy

Charlotte, NC

#2 Feb 9, 2013
Not excited wrote:
Been working here for a week. I gotta say this is a pretty uneventful little place. Seems to be nice people but damn im bored. What do people do around here? o well One more week and im outta here.
Thank god!!
sleepy

Charlotte, NC

#3 Feb 9, 2013
sleepy wrote:
<quoted text>Thank god!!
Don't let the door hit u in the a..!!
get the fu

Candler, NC

#4 Feb 9, 2013
ck out of here and go back to Ohio or Indiana, whatever lil loser place you came from. WE DON'T NEED EXCITEMENT, KILLINGS, DRUG DEALS, CONTOVERSEY ... ETC ETC ETC HERE, we love the quiet life HERE

If you need something to do - go to a local beauty shop, they DREAM UP ALL THE DRAMATICS round here, biggest thing going on round here is GOSSIP!
psssshhhhhhhh

Tazewell, TN

#5 Feb 9, 2013
get the fu wrote:
ck out of here and go back to Ohio or Indiana, whatever lil loser place you came from. WE DON'T NEED EXCITEMENT, KILLINGS, DRUG DEALS, CONTOVERSEY ... ETC ETC ETC HERE, we love the quiet life HERE
If you need something to do - go to a local beauty shop, they DREAM UP ALL THE DRAMATICS round here, biggest thing going on round here is GOSSIP!
We don't need excitement, killings, drug deals, controversy here...lol...are you kidding me? That's all that goes on here. There are more drug deals and killings that go on here on a daily basis, given the scale in comparison to a large city, this place is worse than the big cities. Small town life is dead and gone. Now small down is where most of the dopers live because its easier for them to get their hands on it here. As far as killings, what about the dude that shot the other dude over his ex wife not too long ago? Gossip adds to it, but I'd say drugs and theft are the biggest problems here. Nothing to do is the reason for this. There is nothing to offer real employment opportunities for growth, and that's understandable given the location of New Hickville, as it is connected to almost absolutely nothing. They need a mini golf course, a movie theater, restaurants, bowling alleys or something. Most folks around here don't mind that there is nothing to do, because they are either too old to want to get out and do anything, or they would prefer to get drunk or high and not do anything.
Not excited

New Tazewell, TN

#6 Feb 9, 2013
Wow what part of my comment did you get i was looking for drugs sex or anything of that nature. I was simply curious what is people do around here given its such a small town.
nothing

London, KY

#7 Feb 9, 2013
Sadly nothing. Need to go to Knoxville ..that is what I do.
Diamond Studded Cowgirl

Travelers Rest, SC

#8 Feb 10, 2013
Hey Poster,
What are your interests? Do you like the little hometown bars, live music? Good food?
Cumberland Gap (the city) has a small bar called The CG Tavern. Great friendly owners, good food, laid back crowd of old and young, and friendly people. The Oasis has live music and great food.
Knoxville has the same, but if your alone, introduce yourself to some locals at either place. We have plenty to do here. Just assholes who dont know any better than to yell go home to anyone. Sorry bout that.
DSC
Not excited

New Tazewell, TN

#9 Feb 10, 2013
Diamond Studded Cowgirl wrote:
Hey Poster,
What are your interests? Do you like the little hometown bars, live music? Good food?
Cumberland Gap (the city) has a small bar called The CG Tavern. Great friendly owners, good food, laid back crowd of old and young, and friendly people. The Oasis has live music and great food.
Knoxville has the same, but if your alone, introduce yourself to some locals at either place. We have plenty to do here. Just assholes who dont know any better than to yell go home to anyone. Sorry bout that.
DSC
Well im not much of a drinker anymore as its cost me a few nights in jail in the past. I definetly like music though. I may check out the little tavern on Monday. How far is it from Tazewell? As for the assholes it doesnt bother me, im use to dealing with their type.
works

Tazewell, TN

#10 Feb 10, 2013
placing my ankles behind my ears works for me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“go ahead punk”

Since: Aug 11

make my day

#12 Feb 10, 2013
I like to sit on the front porch and watch cars rust.
Not excited

New Tazewell, TN

#13 Feb 10, 2013
works wrote:
placing my ankles behind my ears works for me.
Lol careful no need for injuries
Not excited

New Tazewell, TN

#14 Feb 10, 2013
At least you all have some nice views around here
WHAT

Tazewell, TN

#15 Feb 10, 2013
I am with you not everyone does drugs around here every were your at thing goes on that dont mean you are doing them they do need more for the people to get out and enjoy them self around here i a have here for years and never done drugs.
Christian

Charlotte, NC

#16 Feb 10, 2013
We go to church on Sunday, pray, sing gospel hymns, pray some more, listen to the preacher's sermon, ask forgiveness for those who are not in church and with sin.

Then we have a big meal with our families and discuss what's going to happen to this world the way things are going. We watch and laugh as our children play. Maybe take a short nap in that it's the Sabbath and He rested on the 7th day.

We go back to church on Sunday evening and pray, sing gospel hymns, pray some more, listen to the preacher's sermon, ask forgiveness for those who are not in church and with sin.

Now albeit from Monday morning til Saturday night, we go to work, talk about everyone else like trash, gossip about anything that might hold another's interest - especially who is sleeping with who, judge everyone, curse, look down our noses at those who we know weren't in church Sunday, lie, steal and basically teach our children how to grow up and be hipocrats just like we are.

But before you go judging that last statement, remember we make a brief appearance at church on Wednesday night and pray, sing gospel hymns, pray some more, listen to the preacher's sermon, ask forgiveness for those who are not in church and with sin.

That makes us REAL CHRISTIANS and defines the mentality of Claiborne County, particularly the bible thumping holy rollers around here.

Welcome to Claiborne County, Tennessee.
Christian

High Point, NC

#17 Feb 10, 2013
I am so sorry, please forgive me ... I failed to mention just how frequently we quote the bible and say "Praise the Lord" while we go to work, talk about everyone else like trash, gossip about anything that might hold another's interest - especially who is sleeping with who, judge everyone, curse, look down our noses at those who we know weren't in church Sunday, lie, steal and basically teach our children how to grow up and be hipocrats just like we are.

Amen.
Home Boy

Harrogate, TN

#18 Feb 10, 2013
LOL
amen

Harrogate, TN

#19 Feb 10, 2013
Christian wrote:
We go to church on Sunday, pray, sing gospel hymns, pray some more, listen to the preacher's sermon, ask forgiveness for those who are not in church and with sin.
Then we have a big meal with our families and discuss what's going to happen to this world the way things are going. We watch and laugh as our children play. Maybe take a short nap in that it's the Sabbath and He rested on the 7th day.
We go back to church on Sunday evening and pray, sing gospel hymns, pray some more, listen to the preacher's sermon, ask forgiveness for those who are not in church and with sin.
Now albeit from Monday morning til Saturday night, we go to work, talk about everyone else like trash, gossip about anything that might hold another's interest - especially who is sleeping with who, judge everyone, curse, look down our noses at those who we know weren't in church Sunday, lie, steal and basically teach our children how to grow up and be hipocrats just like we are.
But before you go judging that last statement, remember we make a brief appearance at church on Wednesday night and pray, sing gospel hymns, pray some more, listen to the preacher's sermon, ask forgiveness for those who are not in church and with sin.
That makes us REAL CHRISTIANS and defines the mentality of Claiborne County, particularly the bible thumping holy rollers around here.
that is the truth, whole town like this damn 2 faced hypocrites. dont have the money to leave but sure wish i did.
sleepy

Gaffney, SC

#20 Feb 10, 2013
Christian wrote:

If u have something to say, just say it!
Not excited

New Tazewell, TN

#21 Feb 10, 2013
Christian wrote:
Finally a little honesty. This made me smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
carrie henegar and dallas cope at dtr between s... 4 min emily 2
Billy eads ad Kendra walker 3 hr Uhhh 11
Single Lady for Single Man 5 hr Mr Helpful 37814 7
looking for a big thick stud to help friend 5 hr Mr Helpful 37814 54
Book on David Ray and Billy Wayne Smith 7 hr wookiefeet 12
patrick petty 7 hr wordsaremeantooso... 2
Amanda at KFC? 9 hr HmmingbirdFlu 31
•••
•••
•••