Powell Valley Electric sucks ass

Posted in the Tazewell Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
anonymous

New Tazewell, TN

#1 Apr 5, 2011
I just wanted to say how much I truly despise PVE. They rip people off and don't give a damn if they take your last dime. It amazed me last night during the storm how our electricity went off but it was on across the road. And when you call and ask about it they can't tell you a damn thing. Of course it goes off on a sunny day and the idiots can't explain that either. They need to fire them all and get some people in there who give a damn about their customers! Sorry we won't have groceries this week kids, but hey PVE got every dime I had. SCREW YOU PVE. You truly SUCK ASS!!!

Since: Dec 10

New Tazewell, TN

#2 Apr 5, 2011
I agree PVE is the worst electric company I have ever had. I've lived in many place besides Claiborne County. They power flashes regularly and they can't explain it. It goes out every time it thunders. Once went they burned up my refrigerator due to a brown out I went to the office to complain. I was calm and collected but very firm and standing my ground. They called the cops on me. At least the cops saw it as a civil matter and left.
F*ck PVE.
Must ScaredEM

New Tazewell, TN

#3 Apr 5, 2011
TheFact wrote:
I agree PVE is the worst electric company I have ever had. I've lived in many place besides Claiborne County. They power flashes regularly and they can't explain it. It goes out every time it thunders. Once went they burned up my refrigerator due to a brown out I went to the office to complain. I was calm and collected but very firm and standing my ground. They called the cops on me. At least the cops saw it as a civil matter and left.
You must have been awfully "firm" with clerks for them to call the cops. Where they crouching behind their desks, or just trying to avoid the issue ?

Also...

Did the cops make you leave the office?

New Tazewell, TN

#4 Apr 5, 2011
No, I demanded to see the manager and stood my ground. The cops did not ask me to leave as I was not causing a disturbance. I finally talked to a person who said they were management but I think they were lying. The meeting was non-productive. When I got home I started writing letters. I hasn't done much good. They are a co-op and controlled by the TVA who is the Federal Government.
I have since been working towards self sufficient electricity. Soon I'll take a chain saw to the power poles on my property. The best way I can fight them is to stop using them.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#5 Apr 5, 2011
I hope this doesn't sound incrediably ignorant but could you explain " self sufficient electricity"?
one could

New Tazewell, TN

#6 Apr 5, 2011
get some candles for light, build a firepit to cook on and buy ice to keep things cold.i havent ever had any problems with them ,i spose it works better when one is nice.
rosey_o

Tazewell, TN

#7 Apr 5, 2011
Yes, I've always thought sunshine and giggles help best! NOT
just saying

Harrogate, TN

#8 Apr 5, 2011
he is probably talking about putting solar panels on his home... gosh dont make us look dumber than people already think we are...
How True

Tazewell, TN

#10 Apr 6, 2011
yes i Hate PVE ALSO and they dont care they take the last dime anyone has they make me sick i would love to see another light company come in a shut them down and why is it up to the customers to pay there tva fuel cost as much money as they get off of oor people they should aleast pay there on dam gas bill again i was told they couldnt make you pay the customer fuel charge maybe need to look into it.
How True

Tazewell, TN

#11 Apr 6, 2011
sorry dont know why it putt it twice
Makes sense to me

Harrogate, TN

#12 Apr 8, 2011
TheFact wrote:
They power flashes regularly and they can't explain it. It goes out every time it thunders.
Trust me, they know what causes the brown outs: an antiquated system, held together by Elmers glue and duct tape.

I've looked into solar cells, but thanks to the pull that TVA has in Tennessee, they have the system locked up so that there are no subsidies available, and if you do install them and produce more than you use, you are paid a pittance versus what you are charged to use their electricity.

And rememberL TVA is the same organization that built a dam out of mud to hold in coal ash slurry.

“Wooo Hooo!!!!”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Apr 8, 2011
They sure as hell don't pay my gas...

New Tazewell, TN

#15 Apr 8, 2011
Makes sense to me wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, they know what causes the brown outs: an antiquated system, held together by Elmers glue and duct tape.
I've looked into solar cells, but thanks to the pull that TVA has in Tennessee, they have the system locked up so that there are no subsidies available, and if you do install them and produce more than you use, you are paid a pittance versus what you are charged to use their electricity.
And rememberL TVA is the same organization that built a dam out of mud to hold in coal ash slurry.
I plan on disconnecting them permanently and taking a chainsaw to the poles.

“mus be sump i say sumpin in th”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#16 Apr 9, 2011
TheFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I plan on disconnecting them permanently and taking a chainsaw to the poles.
you ant akin to jimmy brooks are you?

New Tazewell, TN

#17 Apr 9, 2011
buku wrote:
<quoted text>you ant akin to jimmy brooks are you?
No, but I know of him.
What

United States

#18 Apr 9, 2011
TheFact wrote:
No, I demanded to see the manager and stood my ground. The cops did not ask me to leave as I was not causing a disturbance. I finally talked to a person who said they were management but I think they were lying. The meeting was non-productive. When I got home I started writing letters. I hasn't done much good. They are a co-op and controlled by the TVA who is the Federal Government.
I have since been working towards self sufficient electricity. Soon I'll take a chain saw to the power poles on my property. The best way I can fight them is to stop using them.
Just what can someone expect with 'Randell Myers' being the big wheel at PVE and 'Mike Sharp' being on the board of director's.
anonymous

New Tazewell, TN

#20 Apr 12, 2011
Ok. I got my bill the other day and pissed off again. My bill was 180.00 and 40.00 of that was for fuel cost adjustment! That is ridiculous! What can we do people? I am sick of this garbage. VIVA REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!
Heartless!!!

Tazewell, TN

#21 Apr 12, 2011
anonymous wrote:
I just wanted to say how much I truly despise PVE. They rip people off and don't give a damn if they take your last dime. It amazed me last night during the storm how our electricity went off but it was on across the road. And when you call and ask about it they can't tell you a damn thing. Of course it goes off on a sunny day and the idiots can't explain that either. They need to fire them all and get some people in there who give a damn about their customers! Sorry we won't have groceries this week kids, but hey PVE got every dime I had. SCREW YOU PVE. You truly SUCK ASS!!!
Couldn't gave said it better myself!! I had my daughter last winter and literally the day we got out of the hospital they said if we were not there by 12 they would shut it off, I called bc of delays at the hospital and told them we might be 15 to 20 min later and they said they would still shut it off, thank god we made it on time!!
Witch!!!!

Tazewell, TN

#22 Apr 12, 2011
That woman that works at the front desk is a BiG WITCH!!!! The manly looking one, that needs to do something about that mustache!!! I normally don't talk about people but that woman is just rude and thinks she is so much better then everyone else!!!
Why

Tazewell, TN

#23 Apr 13, 2011
is the deposit to have the electric turned on so darn much? They charged more for that then I pay for rent?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shirley day 10 min driving crazy 1
Anthony (Tony) Sandifer 12 hr Been awhile 2
Shanda caudill 20 hr Cruze 1
Nikki Bryant deny 20 hr I heard that 14
aaron smith Tue effyou 16
what nursing home is best to work at In Claibor... Dec 15 Respect 5
the circus is in town Dec 15 Thank your public... 5
Tazewell Dating
Find my Match

Tazewell People Search