BOYCOTT WALMART Thursday and Friday

Posted in the Tazewell Forum

Laborer

Charlotte, NC

#1 Nov 18, 2012
When Sam Walton was alive, he treated Walmart employees so good. Mr. Walton is deceased now and his descendants who inherited his dream are disgusting. Thousands of Walmart employees are simply asking for decent wages. If they speak up, they risk getting fired or at least reduced hours.

I do not work for Walmart but like most people, have a friend or family member that does. Walmart has put most small stores out of business in smaller communities across this country. But still do not want to pay decent wages. They know they will have no problem replacing any employee due to current job situation.

Consumers could send a loud message to Walmart billionaires and help thousands of workers make their point if they did not shop there Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. Of course this will not hurt Walmart, but it might help the workers planning the strikes be heard.

GREED is the only reason any business is open on Thanksgiving. People should be able to spend day with their families.

Sam Walton would not want his employees treated so badly.
concerned

Rockmart, GA

#2 Nov 18, 2012
this might be bad saying and i will probably be put down for saying it but remember when family was important on sundays and holidays like easter,thanksgiving christmas day and closing early christmas eve to get home and be with family i wish that values on this were still in place today so everyone could have family time together as much as possible do not think things were as bad then as now you know things like divorce rate deadbeat parents children having children it was a good time
get real

Speedwell, TN

#3 Nov 18, 2012
if you don't like the way your employer treats you then find another job.if this is the best job you can find you should shut up and do your job before you/re replaced.
Gobble Gobble

Charlotte, NC

#4 Nov 18, 2012
I work at the hospital, dont know what a holiday with family is like.
familyless

Columbus, NC

#5 Nov 18, 2012
I don't have a family!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 18, 2012
Laborer wrote:
When Sam Walton was alive, he treated Walmart employees so good. Mr. Walton is deceased now and his descendants who inherited his dream are disgusting. Thousands of Walmart employees are simply asking for decent wages. If they speak up, they risk getting fired or at least reduced hours.
I do not work for Walmart but like most people, have a friend or family member that does. Walmart has put most small stores out of business in smaller communities across this country. But still do not want to pay decent wages. They know they will have no problem replacing any employee due to current job situation.
Consumers could send a loud message to Walmart billionaires and help thousands of workers make their point if they did not shop there Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. Of course this will not hurt Walmart, but it might help the workers planning the strikes be heard.
GREED is the only reason any business is open on Thanksgiving. People should be able to spend day with their families.
I agree that after Sam passed away things changed for the worst.
However,Walmart does give raises every year.
I know because I worked for Walmart.
Also,they have profit sharing and you can buy stock.

Usually,they hire a person for part time and if they are good workers,once a full time postion becomes available,they get it.

As far as working on Thanksgiving day,if you put in for that day off in time,you can get that day off.

Some even volunteer to work.

Look,

It's no worse that any other work place.

A lot of it depends on managment.

I have seen good management and bad management at the Walmart that I worked at.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone could find "the perfect job".

This day and time,any job is better than nothing.

I never liked working on Sunday's, but when you go in for an interview,they ask if your willing to work on weekends/holiday's.

That is the time when they should decide whether they want to work for them or not.

Once you tell them you are and they hire you,then you are expected to work what you agreed to work.

The workers know before hand what is expected of them.

Even if they don't like it,they did agree to it and complaining about it doesn't make much sense.

They knew.

Just be thankful your family and friends have a job.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 18, 2012
concerned wrote:
this might be bad saying and i will probably be put down for saying it but remember when family was important on sundays and holidays like easter,thanksgiving christmas day and closing early christmas eve to get home and be with family i wish that values on this were still in place today so everyone could have family time together as much as possible do not think things were as bad then as now you know things like divorce rate deadbeat parents children having children it was a good time
I agree.
compassionate

Duluth, GA

#8 Nov 18, 2012
I have worked many jobs where I worked holidays & weekends. Just glad to have a job & most people that have them would gladly work whatever shift or day it was.
Full Monty

Forest Park, GA

#9 Nov 19, 2012
Laborer wrote:
Well as a worker or shopper feast up on your favorite foods at lunch on Thursday and then go to Walmart and release all that pent up anxiety with EXTREME FLATUS. Fill the aisles with your best FRAGRANCES of THANKSGIVING for all to enjoy. After a few hours of this by shoppers and workers the message will be evident.
just a thought

Lexington, NC

#10 Nov 19, 2012
Laborer wrote:
Be more specific, what are the wages you speak of that your Walmart employee makes and what is the wage that you think they should make? Many would love to have a job of any kind now, and of course you have many (able bodies) that don't want to work and so they draw off of our government to care for them.
Chicken poop

Charlotte, NC

#11 Nov 21, 2012
Call me chicken sh!t, but I will avoid any busy shopping areas thursday night and friday. wouldn't want to be a victim statistic on evening news. I think too many crazies just waiting for right moment to get fifteen minutes of fame
Walmart

Whittier, NC

#12 Nov 23, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that after Sam passed away things changed for the worst.
However,Walmart does give raises every year.
I know because I worked for Walmart.
Also,they have profit sharing and you can buy stock.
Usually,they hire a person for part time and if they are good workers,once a full time postion becomes available,they get it.
As far as working on Thanksgiving day,if you put in for that day off in time,you can get that day off.
Some even volunteer to work.
Look,
It's no worse that any other work place.
A lot of it depends on managment.
I have seen good management and bad management at the Walmart that I worked at.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone could find "the perfect job".
This day and time,any job is better than nothing.
I never liked working on Sunday's, but when you go in for an interview,they ask if your willing to work on weekends/holiday's.
That is the time when they should decide whether they want to work for them or not.
Once you tell them you are and they hire you,then you are expected to work what you agreed to work.
The workers know before hand what is expected of them.
Even if they don't like it,they did agree to it and complaining about it doesn't make much sense.
They knew.
Just be thankful your family and friends have a job.
We were told we were not allowed to put in for Thanksgiving or Black Friday, just to find out thatvsome did and were given it. The employee that I know of who was given the holiday off has no children, she just wanted to go see her boyfriend's family. I have small children and have worked all holidays but one since I've been there. Yes, we get a raise once a year, but we don't get paid nearly enough to deal with the crap from customers when we could be at home with our own families...
hum bug

Charlotte, NC

#13 Nov 23, 2012
Try working where I used to work. Getting paid 7.25 with no possibility ever for a raise. And no possible way to afford insurance. And if a holiday is on your shift you're working. Now that's a crappy job

Location hidden

#14 Nov 23, 2012
Walmart wrote:
<quoted text>
We were told we were not allowed to put in for Thanksgiving or Black Friday, just to find out thatvsome did and were given it. The employee that I know of who was given the holiday off has no children, she just wanted to go see her boyfriend's family. I have small children and have worked all holidays but one since I've been there. Yes, we get a raise once a year, but we don't get paid nearly enough to deal with the crap from customers when we could be at home with our own families...
Back when I was working for Walmart,there was no "Black Friday".

It was the day after Thanksgiving sale.

I agree,some seem to get special priveliges than others.

IT's "Who You Know"

As I said,it depends on the store managers.

Back then,during the interview they ask if your willing to work weekends and Holiday's.

Of course,if you need the job bad enough,you will agree.

I know that there are some customers that are hard to deal with.

Been there and done that.

But,for the most part,most of them were very nice.

Those customers are what keeps the stores open.

They are what enables you to get a paycheck.

I didn't like working holidays either,but that was part of my job.

As you well know,anyone that doesn't want to work those day's, can be easily replaced.

Jobs are too hard to come by,this day and time.

All the stores are competing,so it's not just Walmart.

I can tell you one thing,after working the day after Thanksgiving,I would never shop on that day.

You could'nt pay me,lol.

People get crazy.
They fight over the last whatever.

It's wrong.

That is not what Christmas is about.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 23, 2012
hum bug wrote:
Try working where I used to work. Getting paid 7.25 with no possibility ever for a raise. And no possible way to afford insurance. And if a holiday is on your shift you're working. Now that's a crappy job
That's my husbands job description.

He had to work Thanksgiving day.
No raises ever.
Can't afford insurance.
Wondering

United States

#16 Nov 23, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Back when I was working for Walmart,there was no "Black Friday".
It was the day after Thanksgiving sale....
Is there a difference between a sale called "Black Friday" and a sale that is the day after Thanksgiving (which is always on a Thursday)....except for the name ?

Just Askin'

Location hidden

#17 Nov 23, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a difference between a sale called "Black Friday" and a sale that is the day after Thanksgiving (which is always on a Thursday)....except for the name ?
Just Askin'
LOL!

I was just saying they didn't call it Black Friday.

No difference.
Because

Mooresville, NC

#18 Nov 24, 2012
I think it's called Black Friday because customers are so rude that day, lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pest Control 7 hr Rose Henderson 10
hot women in tazewell (Dec '09) 13 hr billy bones 19
Blonde with glasses at Family Dollar 18 hr Gotta Luv The Gap 15
Sandra Marsee hot 20 hr Too Me 13
James Northern Tue Bjk 9
doc rose office (Dec '12) Mon Old snappin puss 101
Jack Daniels Roads Mon Sassy 12

Flood Warning for Claiborne County was issued at March 04 at 2:32PM CST

Tazewell Dating
Find my Match