to the owner

United States

#21 Sep 1, 2010
you may close the doors now, people around here dont give a shit about a great band''

they only want to get high raise hell and _____
the next ONE

all these other places will run you out of town
unless you have money to hold your own

the mustang and crs wont let another bar in
the one on the lake has taking their place
( the music has nothing to do with it)

just like G Player said, its about getting
drunk, high and laid by the skanks of tazewell
after ahr who cares about the band, music or
place

most bands around here are druggies drunks
to worried about getting laid and where they
are getting the next rockzzz

sorry but you are in the wrong town to make
a good thing happen'' close the doors now
while you still can
these crack heads around here
dont like changes '

Since: May 10

New Tazewell, TN

#22 Sep 2, 2010
I have heard that they are selling mixed drinks (liquor) and is not a private bar. How is this legal?
duh

Mount Juliet, TN

#23 Sep 2, 2010
ORANGEJELLO66 wrote:
I have heard that they are selling mixed drinks (liquor) and is not a private bar. How is this legal?
Its Maynardville not Tazewell they have a license to sell mixed drinks.Why do you care if its legal or not.You seem like a nosey person.Bubbas is a great place and they are always busy.Who cares what drinks they sell?They are doing something right from the size of the turn out they have all the time.
well

Ooltewah, TN

#24 Sep 2, 2010
ORANGEJELLO66 wrote:
I believe it had something to do with their status as a 'tourist attraction,' being a boat dock on the lake, etc, that allowed them to obtain the license for on-premisis liquor sales.
joking

United States

#25 Sep 2, 2010
duh wrote:
<quoted text>Its Maynardville not Tazewell they have a license to sell mixed drinks.Why do you care if its legal or not.You seem like a nosey person.Bubbas is a great place and they are always busy.Who cares what drinks they sell?They are doing something right from the size of the turn out they have all the time.
Its not that Bubba's is that great of a place' Its because of being
in a different county''any new place in tazewell
will go under because of the 2 bars in tazewell and their owners
Bubba's needs lots of changes BANDS FOOD WORKERS BIGGER PLACE
TO DANCE AND KEEPING ALL THE TROUBLE MAKERS OUT TAKING OVER
THE PLACE

New Tazewell, TN

#26 Sep 2, 2010
If you are referencing Premier Type Toursit Resorts, I do not believe Bubba's fits the criteria. Having said that, I do not believe that LBD is legal at this establishment.
well wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it had something to do with their status as a 'tourist attraction,' being a boat dock on the lake, etc, that allowed them to obtain the license for on-premisis liquor sales.
SayWhat

Knoxville, TN

#27 Sep 2, 2010
Bubba who?
well

Ooltewah, TN

#28 Sep 2, 2010
ORANGEJELLO66 wrote:
If you are referencing Premier Type Toursit Resorts, I do not believe Bubba's fits the criteria. Having said that, I do not believe that LBD is legal at this establishment.
<quoted text>
Whatever means they used to get their licenses, I do firmly believe they are operating legally. I suppose one could just visit and see the license certificate for themselves. The next time I'm there I will look for it.

But I feel certain they are operating legally.
wheres it at

Winchester, KY

#29 Sep 2, 2010
where is this place
What

London, KY

#30 Sep 2, 2010
wondering wrote:
I think giving the door may be ok but its not what the bands wants
I only know of three ,asa realbillys and 100 proof
there is no way these bands would take door because
they are old news
they play the same old songs, never learn anything
new, most are on drugs and by the end of the night
they are so drunk no one can understand what they
are saying
the singing in the realbilly's is a big ho he was
dating my friend one weekend and her sister,an mom
and his band members gf
the dj from the mustang is his girlfriend but he
cause trouble everywhere he goes they are also
drug users like all the other bands in this town
To the owner of the new place'' you need to build
a new place' were you are at now, it will never
work because of its past, the place across from
mustang was a big hit(( bug-a-lugs) it had more
business then the mustang, I think its for sale
now,
Say what you want to about the Realbillys, I know all of them and they are not drug users! Yeah they got a few women problems and they love to drink but they write their own music and play it live! Who else does that? On top of that they are always nice to people who pay to see them. I think it's funny how people attack them but don't say anything bout the other bands. Jealous mabe? Bottom line is who puts asses in the seats and the bands at the Mustang do that! Thats why they are there! Wild Hog or whatever it's called now won't last long enough for the water to get hot it never does no matter how much the bands try to act like the Realbillys with their bandanas lol The real thing is bout a mile down the road.
humm

London, KY

#31 Sep 2, 2010
What wrote:
<quoted text>Say what you want to about the Realbillys, I know all of them and they are not drug users! Yeah they got a few women problems and they love to drink but they write their own music and play it live! Who else does that? On top of that they are always nice to people who pay to see them. I think it's funny how people attack them but don't say anything bout the other bands. Jealous mabe? Bottom line is who puts asses in the seats and the bands at the Mustang do that! Thats why they are there! Wild Hog or whatever it's called now won't last long enough for the water to get hot it never does no matter how much the bands try to act like the Realbillys with their bandanas lol The real thing is bout a mile down the road.
LOL If the band sucks folks don't like them but if there are really good then they really hate them! Billys must be doing something right.
That tears it

Ooltewah, TN

#32 Sep 2, 2010
ORANGEJELLO66 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read enough of your posts for the past few months to have me wondering if you are young or just stupid. After this post I have concluded you are just a stupid ass. Climb out from under that rock!
funny

United States

#33 Sep 3, 2010
What wrote:
<quoted text>Say what you want to about the Realbillys, I know all of them and they are not drug users! Yeah they got a few women problems and they love to drink but they write their own music and play it live! Who else does that? On top of that they are always nice to people who pay to see them. I think it's funny how people attack them but don't say anything bout the other bands. Jealous mabe? Bottom line is who puts asses in the seats and the bands at the Mustang do that! Thats why they are there! Wild Hog or whatever it's called now won't last long enough for the water to get hot it never does no matter how much the bands try to act like the Realbillys with their bandanas lol The real thing is bout a mile down the road.
why are you putting bubba's down ? Is it because bubba wouldnt
let you guys play this year and because randy took your spots
funny how you guys are always talking bad about bands and places
who dont like your music '' you really sound like dumb ass hillbilies now'' wake up'' you guys are not as good as you think
you are'

New Tazewell, TN

#34 Sep 3, 2010
Why do you think I am stupid? To me, and many others, this is a legitimate question regarding the legality of what they are doing. So you tell me, what kind of license/law allows them to serve LBD.

I believe they are in Union but could be Claiborne (not exactly sure how the line runs)but regardless neither county has a LBD law. Could be wrong but I don't believe the population is big enough. However, if they do have such law in either county please tell me when the people voted on it because I certainly missed something.

I am not stupid, I just cannot find any law that allows LBD in either county. I am actually interested in the possibility of expanding but cannot find any TCA that would allow me to do so. So I will be looking forward to your answer...what is the TCA they are operating under?
That tears it wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read enough of your posts for the past few months to have me wondering if you are young or just stupid. After this post I have concluded you are just a stupid ass. Climb out from under that rock!

New Tazewell, TN

#35 Sep 3, 2010
As I told "whats his face" (the other poster) please let me know the TCA, I am very curious how they are doing this.
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever means they used to get their licenses, I do firmly believe they are operating legally. I suppose one could just visit and see the license certificate for themselves. The next time I'm there I will look for it.
But I feel certain they are operating legally.
well

Ooltewah, TN

#36 Sep 3, 2010
ORANGEJELLO66 wrote:
As I told "whats his face" (the other poster) please let me know the TCA, I am very curious how they are doing this.
<quoted text>
I'm no expert in these matters. I suppose you could contact a Union County commissioner (and the Bubba owners themselves) to ask about the specifics of how the licenses were obtained.

All I was asserting was that I believe they DO have the proper licenses for on-premises sales of spirits. I'm not privy to any of the political/legal shenanigans that might have occurred to make that possible.
That tears it

Ooltewah, TN

#37 Sep 3, 2010
ORANGEJELLO66 wrote:
Why do you think I am stupid? To me, and many others, this is a legitimate question regarding the legality of what they are doing. So you tell me, what kind of license/law allows them to serve LBD.
I believe they are in Union but could be Claiborne (not exactly sure how the line runs)but regardless neither county has a LBD law. Could be wrong but I don't believe the population is big enough. However, if they do have such law in either county please tell me when the people voted on it because I certainly missed something.
I am not stupid, I just cannot find any law that allows LBD in either county. I am actually interested in the possibility of expanding but cannot find any TCA that would allow me to do so. So I will be looking forward to your answer...what is the TCA they are operating under?
<quoted text>
They have a Tennessee issued liquor license,when you have this, it trumps local ordnances regarding days and hours of operation because you are then operating under state guidelines and not local mumbo jumbo. Also they are located in Union Co. Regarding population,who knows they may have pulled some strings if you will. None the less,when you have the license in hand you are good to go!

luttrellgirl

Chesterfield, MO

#38 Sep 3, 2010
Bubbas was able to obtain the license due to 33 marina being considered a resort
Krazy

London, KY

#39 Sep 3, 2010
funny wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you putting bubba's down ? Is it because bubba wouldnt
let you guys play this year and because randy took your spots
funny how you guys are always talking bad about bands and places
who dont like your music '' you really sound like dumb ass hillbilies now'' wake up'' you guys are not as good as you think
you are'
Well honey Im not in the band and not putting bubbas down {Don't know where you got that one} And I'd say the reason they don't play there is because they are booked every weekend and why would they want to play there instead of the Mustang? Duh! You started this by saying that they were whores and drug users so you must be a jealous hater cause the truth is they are some of the sweetest guys I've ever met! They never put down the other bands or act all big headed like some of the others do. If all these other bands are so great where are they? If they can blow the Realbillys and Asa off the stage all they gotta do is come to the Mustang when the Realbillys are there and ask to sit in and they will let them! How many other bands will do that? So bring it on for heaven sake!

New Tazewell, TN

#40 Sep 3, 2010
And you called me stupid. Every establishment in the state of TN that is legally selling alcolhol received their license from the state of TN so how does this "trump local ordinances"? I didn't say anything about days and hours of operation, I simply asked how they can legally sell LBD. Now it can be Union has passed the LBD law and I just didn't hear of the people voting on that (will have to check). Population has everything to do with whether you can hold a license to sell. Tell me "Mr. Genius", if we use your scenario then why can you not find more establishments selling LBD in either county? It seems to me if I have the "pull" to get a TN issued license then I can sell liquor to my hearts content in Claiborne or any other county bypassing their "local mumbo jumbo".

In other words, you just wanted to call me stupid, run your mouth when you don't have a clue about what is coming out of it, just to make yourself look like "mr. big man on campus". If you had come back like an intelligent human (even though you had called me stupid) and said TCA # xyz makes it legal for them to sell LBD, I would have said thanks for the info, I was not aware that existed. But now you have only made yourself look like an idiot. So, go back and "belly up to the bar" (that is if you can) and exercise your elbow, it is too late for you brain.
That tears it wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a Tennessee issued liquor license,when you have this, it trumps local ordnances regarding days and hours of operation because you are then operating under state guidelines and not local mumbo jumbo. Also they are located in Union Co. Regarding population,who knows they may have pulled some strings if you will. None the less,when you have the license in hand you are good to go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know Budrow? 20 hr Went To School Wi... 2
Stolen concrete T shaped boat dock from Island ... 23 hr pickedon 4
Where can you buy glass bongs around here? 23 hr Smoke 6
Affairs at DTR (Jan '16) Sun Blondie 13
Where to look for home rental Sat CTH 3
Where's Dick Smith? (Jul '11) Aug 25 Malcom 22
Why the f##k isn't there a bigger Walmart in th... Aug 25 Jack 15

Tazewell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance