How old do you have to be to drop out of high school?

Posted in the Tazewell Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
over it

Tazewell, TN

#1 May 21, 2010
how old do u have to be to drop out of high school? yeah i know ill regret it i dont need anybody to tell me i know
meandi

Tazewell, TN

#2 May 21, 2010
High school sucks no doubt. ur right you will regret it. i do. i cant get a job anywhere.noone will hire you without at least a ged

“Wazzzupppp?!?!?”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 May 22, 2010
Please don't drop out...
bored of education

United States

#4 May 22, 2010
over it wrote:
how old do u have to be to drop out of high school? yeah i know ill regret it i dont need anybody to tell me i know
Legally I think 45 or 46 years of age...After that ....They think you are not going to make it in life...So they give up....Get your education...Whatever the cost...Don't pass up the opportunity that will lead you in life...There will be failures in your life! Hopefully! Not many!, But let your advancement in your education take first priority in your young mind...Knowledge is Rewarding...Just kidding about the age!...Please stay in school!...Things will improve!!
Fact

New Tazewell, TN

#5 May 22, 2010
Go ahead and drop out your too f*ucking stupid to learn anyhow. Make room for the smart ones. You can always pick tomatoes for a living. Or you could be a thief, they make good money and if you get caught then the government will supply you with three meals a day and a place to sleep.
POOP

Harrogate, TN

#6 May 22, 2010
To "over it" , First of all DO NOT EVER DROP OUT.
Second of all listen to the one who posted above me. Most of us adults know what we talking about.
Life out there are very very tough anymore. IT isnt easy like it use to be.
Why dont you tell us the real reason why you (over it) want to drop out? Give us that answer please.And I do hope noone bashing you for it but it does anger us listen to a kid who want to drop out. I have kids and one in college. I surely hope my younger ones will follow him when they get older.
ooook

New Tazewell, TN

#7 May 22, 2010
ok, so school is almost over is it not?
why can't you suck it up like the rest of us?

it's almost time for summer vacation.
you'll be a toothless meth head if you drop out, don't do it. i know when your young you dont want to listen to anyone, but one day when your 30 and broke, you'll say damn, even a job at mcdonalds would be better than this (NOTHING)
so sad

Tazewell, TN

#8 May 22, 2010
there are several reasons i'm wanting to drop out 1st being i have no friends and that makes for a long day 2nd i get picked on cause people think i'm dumb!3rd i cant stand my teachers! 4th (the most important)i live with my mother and she is an a fixed income so in order to pay all the bills i have to get a job so we dont end up losing what little we do have !
POOP

Harrogate, TN

#9 May 22, 2010
so sad wrote:
there are several reasons i'm wanting to drop out 1st being i have no friends and that makes for a long day 2nd i get picked on cause people think i'm dumb!3rd i cant stand my teachers! 4th (the most important)i live with my mother and she is an a fixed income so in order to pay all the bills i have to get a job so we dont end up losing what little we do have !
By having no friends or someone picking on you, over look it . As long you let it bother you ,they will continue do so.
You go to school to learn and not there to impress anybody . Yes it going to be tough . Seem like your mother do all she can do. I bet she want you to better yourself .Am I right?.If so stay in school and tough it out.And make her proud. What grade you in ?
Thats good to helping your mother out. If you really want to help your mom. Stay in school and get a part time job after school. As long you can handle it.
Understand

Speedwell, TN

#10 May 22, 2010
I can understand what you are saying.I had no friends when I was going to school also.What time I wasn't in the classroom I was in the Library reading.I wanted to just give up and quit,My grades was very low and I was passing by the skin of my teeth.When I turned 16 I got my first job and most of my money when to helping my family pay bills.But every other pay day I bought myself a outfit.when I was 17 a girl at school asked me about a test,We became friends right away and 3 yrs later I married her brother.eventhough we are divorced today.the girl from school still remains my friend today after 30 years.So stay in school,things will get better.
Misery

United States

#11 May 22, 2010
17 is the age in tn if your parents will go and get a formal withdraw slip you can go to south east community college and take your ged they are wonderful people that would love to help you if you go there and pass the pretest they will put you on the next test date they won't screw with you like tazewell will don't give up on education! Be open and honest with them they will understand being bullied.
over it ---so sad

Tazewell, TN

#12 May 23, 2010
you people make it sound so easy but until you have walked a mile in my shoes you have no idea what my life is like ! it's not that i want to quit school cause i dont but if thats what it takes to keep a roof over our heads then yes ,i will quit school and go to work !
gee whiz what part of that dont you understand ?

“dumbasses”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#13 May 23, 2010
There is enough dumbasses here.Stay in school!

“dumbasses”

Location hidden

#14 May 23, 2010
over it ---so sad wrote:
you people make it sound so easy but until you have walked a mile in my shoes you have no idea what my life is like ! it's not that i want to quit school cause i dont but if thats what it takes to keep a roof over our heads then yes ,i will quit school and go to work !
Where will you go to work at?There is ppl with degrees out of work.Do you think your ass will just walk in an get a job?
your decision

Winchester, KY

#15 May 23, 2010
over it ---so sad wrote:
I have walked many miles like you with no shoes....And you will have a tough time buying shoes with no money from being unemployed...You know! The person with higher skills and educated will be standing in line ahead of you, where ever you go.Who do you think they will hire? Use your head! Get yourself prepared for the journey, Than maybe you can travel with confidence while wearing those New Shoes...If you quit! You'll close many doors ahead of you....
it dont matter

Morristown, TN

#16 May 23, 2010
im pretty sure u have to be at least 18 but im not for sure. at least ull know what ur getting ur self into. i moved to morristown and went to school down there and they found out i didnt live in zone so they said ull have to find another school to go to. so i went to claiborne and they wouldnt take me cuz i was 18 and it was at the end of the school year so i had to get my ged. i dont regret it one bit. i didnt have friends neither. to be honest with u i didnt want friends people act like their to good to talk to ne one. fluck that. fluck them. my boyfriend is my best friend.
over it __so sad

Tazewell, TN

#17 May 23, 2010
i dont need to be peached at i get enough of that by my teachers that dont like me.i was asking how old you have to be before you quit school ?? thats it nothing else.you guys dont know shit !
i know people right now that are working and they dint have any trouble getting their job .its not your degree that counts its your hard work !!! if you work hard they will hire you !!!
POOP

Harrogate, TN

#18 May 24, 2010
Do we make it sound so easy, NOT.I have walk a miles and miles in your shoes. I know what it like in school.Yes , I know what it like not having friends,been picked on and teacher been mean.
If I didnt kknow what you talking about. I wouldnt post anything on here.I would not encourage anybody to drop out.That why I didnt answer your very first question.I know the law. This is the last full day of school today. So think about it over the summer.OH BTW ,us poster know what we talking about..Its up to you to make the right decision.

“Rockin' out with the dead.”

This is a test

#19 May 25, 2010
If I were you, I'd just forget the whole idea. If you really are more "dumb" as you say, then get tutors and study harder. No one's really stupid, they're just lazy.

As far as friends go ... you'll make friends when you're out of school and in the real world, where friendship actually matters anyway. All friends are going to do now is distract you from getting an education that you obviously need.

Jobs: You can't get one without a diploma. Most of the time, real jobs are reluctant to hire someone with just a highschool education and loathe GEDs. Do you know what GED stands for? General Education Diploma. If you have half an ounce of intelligence, you should be able to get a GED in eighth grade. Not that there is anything wrong with them, people survive on them all the time. But you shouldn't have to just merely survive.
erm

New Tazewell, TN

#20 May 26, 2010
Like Nikki said theres nothing wrong with a GED buuuut high school diplomas looks better when applying for a job. Why cant you just work and go to school?

You WILL NOT find a job with no education, believe me I have my diploma and associates and still cant find a job. Also, dont worry if you have no friends believe me you barely talk to anyone you went to school with after you gradute (yes, even some of your closest friends).

Look, you have to be 17 I think to drop out but I think you have to have your parents approval. I'm not sure at all on this just what I hear through the grapevine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What can u tell me about Jimmy Sutton 17 hr Just wondering 1
Chris and Susie Simpson 20 hr Jake 1
plumber 21 hr help 3
Need to here from u 21 hr Guessing 33
Hair Etc. Are they the best in Tazewell? Thu jenni 1
i want to suck a guy or three (Mar '14) Thu Sargent Sam 32
Any Ladies Looking For A Sugar Daddy Thu Elijah 3
Tazewell Dating
Find my Match

Tazewell Jobs