Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#16867 Aug 3, 2012
Only a lame duck politician can do what he or she believes to be right.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16868 Aug 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
She saw through the Republican ID Voter scam and vetoed it. That was enough for me. I am still looking for justification of widespread voter fraud throughout NC or any other state, and I can't find any. Why try to 'fix' a problem that doesn't exist? Any real evidence of voter fraud that you are aware of other than a few isolated cases?
Well Arnold, if that's enough for you then she's a winner in your opinion. While she was seeing through the voter ID scam, I wish had put those same glasses on and tried her hand at fixing the highways in N.C. Oh that's right Arnold, she was busy cutting teachers' pay in N.C. and people get on here and moan and groan about education in the U.S. and the cuts. Everybody that doesn't like education cuts, give Bev a shout out for cutting teachers' pay in N.C. and then wonder why our kids are dumbs as doornails.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16869 Aug 3, 2012
TSF wrote:
I think Bev is just disgusted at the juvenile antics of the republican legislature's attempt to move NC back into the 19 th century. The final straw was when they cut an additional 6000 teachers, making the total cuts now around 12,000 and at the same time gave ADDITIONAL $50,000 tax break to each of the multiple partners in NC law firms. Then they voted to make it illegal for the coastal management commission to use scientific reports in coastal management planning. This will allow coastal realtors to unload their expensive property before it actually gets under water. She HAS quit the campaign and announced that she will not seek office again, weeks ago. She just doesn't fit in with Raleigh because she is so progressive that she doesn't even believe the Earth is flat.
<quoted text>
I believe this has Perdue's name all over it and not "they":

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5037937/

Maybe she's so progressive she can see Russia from her house like Sara Palin:) They were both so effective as governors:)
Taxpayer

Camden, NC

#16870 Aug 3, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
That's a damn lie taxpayer.they are sueing to get EXTENDED voting for the military.another low life republican lie.all you did was google REPUBLICAN blogs.
No it is not a lie. I got it from people I know and have served with in the Military.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#16871 Aug 3, 2012
Palin bides her time.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16872 Aug 3, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Arnold, if that's enough for you then she's a winner in your opinion. While she was seeing through the voter ID scam, I wish had put those same glasses on and tried her hand at fixing the highways in N.C. Oh that's right Arnold, she was busy cutting teachers' pay in N.C. and people get on here and moan and groan about education in the U.S. and the cuts. Everybody that doesn't like education cuts, give Bev a shout out for cutting teachers' pay in N.C. and then wonder why our kids are dumbs as doornails.
I don't see kids as being dumb as doornails as I am around them everyday. Many of them are very intelligent. Now, some older people who should know better? That is a different story. Doesn't the NC Legislature fund the highway projects? Go ask them. Find me some documented voter ID fraud cases in NC other than one or two isolated cases. Why fix something that is not broke? Politically motivated is the only answer that fits. Tell me where I am wrong.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16873 Aug 3, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not a lie. I got it from people I know and have served with in the Military.
Thank you for your military service, Taxpayer, but that does not qualify you as being right on the issues.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#16874 Aug 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your military service, Taxpayer, but that does not qualify you as being right on the issues.
If that is truly your posture, then I stipulate, that none of your experience qualifies you on anything either.

Like you AZ, taxpayer is entitled to his opinion.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#16875 Aug 3, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not a lie. I got it from people I know and have served with in the Military.
So have I its not true.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16876 Aug 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is truly your posture, then I stipulate, that none of your experience qualifies you on anything either.
Like you AZ, taxpayer is entitled to his opinion.
Did I say he wasn't entitled to his opinion? I said that his experience in the military doesn't necessarly make his opinion the right one. Learn to read.

My experience does qualify me in the area of human rights and the liberties of individuals as I lived through part of the Jim Crow laws and know the feelings of discrimination first hand. You, on the other hand, haven't a clue.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16877 Aug 3, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe this has Perdue's name all over it and not "they":
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5037937/
Maybe she's so progressive she can see Russia from her house like Sara Palin:) They were both so effective as governors:)
I had no problem with my pay being cut. The problem I had was with cutting teachers jobs and keeping worthless administrators on the payroll. This was an action by the Republican Legislature. More qualified people are needed in the classroom if we want our children to have an education. The 'cream' at the top needs to be removed. Many are empty suits on the government teat. Many Republican teachers I know will not cast a vote for the NC Republican legislatures again. They learned quickly what they were all about.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16878 Aug 3, 2012
TSF wrote:
Completely agree with "its what they do that betrays their rhetoric".
Kind of like republicans cutting benefits to our wounded veterans, veterans services and underfunding the VA with in waiting periods so long that many are already dead before their turn for diagnosis and treatment arrives. That is so we can have tax breaks to the rich.
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean just like Obamacare is going to do to ALL Americans. Huh, seems it's ok with you when it's a liberal suggestion.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#16879 Aug 3, 2012
Silver.you never answered about whether the victims were to blame
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#16880 Aug 3, 2012
Refusing to fund care to our military men and women who have been injured serving this country is NOT alright regardless of which pack of jackals does it, in this case republicans who want the money for guess what -- tax breaks to the rich..
I do not know what effect affordable health care will have on me personally, except to prevent my insurance company from cancelling me out if I get a major illness. My premium may go up or down, I can't tell at this point. No source so far has been able to explain it to me in such a way that I can distinguish the truth from the ubiquitous republican bull shit . I understand from a couple of doctor friends that a large number of doctors plan to quit if the law stands because it will set prices to services and outcomes. The reason why republicans would want accountability from underpaid teachers and not from well paid doctors escapes me.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you mean just like Obamacare is going to do to ALL Americans. Huh, seems it's ok with you when it's a liberal suggestion.
Illuminati

Charlotte, NC

#16881 Aug 3, 2012
TSF wrote:
Refusing to fund care to our military men and women who have been injured serving this country is NOT alright regardless of which pack of jackals does it, in this case republicans who want the money for guess what -- tax breaks to the rich..
I do not know what effect affordable health care will have on me personally, except to prevent my insurance company from cancelling me out if I get a major illness. My premium may go up or down, I can't tell at this point. No source so far has been able to explain it to me in such a way that I can distinguish the truth from the ubiquitous republican bull shit . I understand from a couple of doctor friends that a large number of doctors plan to quit if the law stands because it will set prices to services and outcomes. The reason why republicans would want accountability from underpaid teachers and not from well paid doctors escapes me.
<quoted text>
T0TALLY STUPID FOOL heard from

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16882 Aug 3, 2012
TSF wrote:
Refusing to fund care to our military men and women who have been injured serving this country is NOT alright regardless of which pack of jackals does it, in this case republicans who want the money for guess what -- tax breaks to the rich..
I do not know what effect affordable health care will have on me personally, except to prevent my insurance company from cancelling me out if I get a major illness. My premium may go up or down, I can't tell at this point. No source so far has been able to explain it to me in such a way that I can distinguish the truth from the ubiquitous republican bull shit . I understand from a couple of doctor friends that a large number of doctors plan to quit if the law stands because it will set prices to services and outcomes. The reason why republicans would want accountability from underpaid teachers and not from well paid doctors escapes me.
<quoted text>
Just look at the many testimonials from the Canadians that cross the border into the US and spend their savings/retirement to pay out of pocket for our healthcare because if they waited on the Canadian healthcare system they would be dead.
Enough with the class warfare, that horse is dead already!
Accountability from the teachers is because they're on the taxpayers dime, doctors are paid through the private sector.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16883 Aug 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see kids as being dumb as doornails as I am around them everyday. Many of them are very intelligent. Now, some older people who should know better? That is a different story. Doesn't the NC Legislature fund the highway projects? Go ask them. Find me some documented voter ID fraud cases in NC other than one or two isolated cases. Why fix something that is not broke? Politically motivated is the only answer that fits. Tell me where I am wrong.
In one response you say Perdue is a progressive, in another you say Republicans are stuck in the 19th century, and now you're saying why fix something of it isn't broke?. How can you peach progression and moving forward then say if it ain't broke, dont fix it? That's an oxyMORON isn't it?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16884 Aug 3, 2012
Illuminati wrote:
<quoted text>
T0TALLY STUPID FOOL heard from
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#16885 Aug 3, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Just look at the many testimonials from the Canadians that cross the border into the US and spend their savings/retirement to pay out of pocket for our healthcare because if they waited on the Canadian healthcare system they would be dead.
Enough with the class warfare, that horse is dead already!
Accountability from the teachers is because they're on the taxpayers dime, doctors are paid through the private sector.
ok...so they are private sector...charge what they want? Is this why medical care keeps increasing geometrically? I'm just asking folks.Bacon? You should have some info on why medical care is increasing so fast.You deal with doctors a lot.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16886 Aug 3, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> In one response you say Perdue is a progressive, in another you say Republicans are stuck in the 19th century, and now you're saying why fix something of it isn't broke?. How can you peach progression and moving forward then say if it ain't broke, dont fix it? That's an oxyMORON isn't it?
Here we go with the Republican "You didn't build it" argument. Show me where I said Perdue is a progressive. Yes, most Republicans are frozen in the 19th Century. Show me documented proof where voter ID is needed due to widespread voter fraud. I didn't preach progression. I preach the unnecessity of Voter ID law. Prove me wrong. None of those are oxymorons. Learn the definition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taylortown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When is the 5 mile yard sale? (May '08) Mar '17 hillbill 80
Dora Bell Holden and Herman(Harmon) Franks (Dec '11) Mar '17 tony-freeman 4
J&C Consignment in Pinehurst Feb '17 sadair 1
News Ex-wife charged with murder (Dec '08) Jan '17 Dolly 38
News Carthage woman, 93, dies after driving into house Jan '17 afrosheba 1
News Lost Dog, Bernese Mountain Dog in Southern Pine... Dec '16 TGreenslit 1
Any restaurants open for Thanksgiving dinner? (Nov '09) Nov '16 Clammers 10

Taylortown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Taylortown Mortgages