Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,732

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#66940 Aug 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank Williams, Sr.
And Jr., too!!!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#66941 Aug 13, 2012
SOME ODD SIGNS SEEN AROUND TOWN

In the front yard of a funeral home, "Drive carefully, we'll wait."

In a nonsmoking area, "If we see you smoking, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."

On a maternity room door, "Push, Push, Push."

On a front door, "Everyone on the premises is a vegetarian except the dog."

At an optometrist's office, "If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place."

On a taxidermist's window, "We really know our stuff."

On a butcher's window, "Let me meat your needs."

On a fence, "Salesmen welcome. Dog food is expensive."

At a car dealership, "The best way to get back on your feet -- miss a car payment."

Outside a muffler shop, "No appointment necessary. We'll hear you coming."

On a desk in a reception room, "We shoot every 3rd salesman, and the 2nd one just left."

In a veterinarian's waiting room, "Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!"

In a Beauty Shop, "Dye now!"

On the side of a garbage truck, "We've got what it takes to take what you've got." (Burglars, politicians, and especially the IRS may copy.)

In a restaurant window, "Don't stand there and be hungry, come in and get fed up."

Inside a bowling alley, "Please be quiet. We need to hear a pin drop."

In a cafeteria, "Shoes are required to eat in the cafeteria. Socks can eat any place they want."

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#66942 Aug 13, 2012
Yeah wrote:
Crazy my little sis goes to lone oak hs and they SAW the birds it was crazy she said "they just dropped all at once" that's very scary
Eyewitness account. "That's what she said".

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#66943 Aug 13, 2012
She believes wrote:
I hope you all had a great weekend. AW, Hempburn, trusted, "nope", hiveless bees :) and the rest of the good posters, have a marvelous Monday.
Goodnight!
Welcome back! I did what I could to help with that "situation" we had going on. Glad to see you back, and hello to everyone else too!! What's the deal with things now? I've stayed off of here in hopes of at least keeping my own stalkers out of the mix. Dang those full moons, it brings out the diseased minds, LOL! Anyway, hopefully this thread is going to be more peaceful now.. I've missed talking to you good folks.

On another note: I tried my darnedest to catch sight of some meteors the other night. It was a cloudless sky, we live in the middle of no where and there isn't any city lights to interfere. Yet I saw not a single one! Last year I think it rained, and the one before that was cloudy. I was really looking forward to catching a few glimpses of some "falling stars", as we used to call them when we were kids... I don't have a single clue why they weren't visible here. And I tried intermitantly from 11 p.m. right up to 2:30 a.m. So did anyone else see any, or was it just my household that got unlucky?
Muff the Magic Dragon

Leitchfield, KY

#66944 Aug 13, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back! I did what I could to help with that "situation" we had going on. Glad to see you back, and hello to everyone else too!! What's the deal with things now? I've stayed off of here in hopes of at least keeping my own stalkers out of the mix. Dang those full moons, it brings out the diseased minds, LOL! Anyway, hopefully this thread is going to be more peaceful now.. I've missed talking to you good folks.
On another note: I tried my darnedest to catch sight of some meteors the other night. It was a cloudless sky, we live in the middle of no where and there isn't any city lights to interfere. Yet I saw not a single one! Last year I think it rained, and the one before that was cloudy. I was really looking forward to catching a few glimpses of some "falling stars", as we used to call them when we were kids... I don't have a single clue why they weren't visible here. And I tried intermitantly from 11 p.m. right up to 2:30 a.m. So did anyone else see any, or was it just my household that got unlucky?
it is truly sad that your diseased mind is out on the prowl under all moon phases. that was a very offensive thing to post, but not uncommon for you posers.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#66945 Aug 13, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see YOU back Nope! After witnessing that giant meteor with the flaming tail back in 2002 or 2003, nothing else compares, or even gets close. Do you remember that one? It was late in the evening and was still light outside. It was an amazing ball of flame!

#66946 Aug 13, 2012
Hi Pete!!! I've missed you all. And par for the course... Oh well.

Nope, I didn't see that one. If it's the one I'm thinking of, that meteor came through when I was out of state for a bit and it was cloudy for days and days during it... I was SO sorry not to have gotten to see it. Were you in Kentucky then and saw it from here?
haha

Lexington, KY

#66947 Aug 13, 2012
Lol
She believes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes way, lol
03 Nov 2012
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, KY
7:00 PM
Tickets $98+
Here are a couple of my favorites besides the obvious ones everyone knows. I love all of them really.
Bruce Springsteen - Tougher Than The Rest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_91hNV6vuBYXX
Bruce Springsteen - Human Touch
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
and from Jerry McGuire...
Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yum Center Louisville....come rock and roll with us.:)
Now I really got to get to bed. Just stopped in from reading email. Had to post the concert date. BOSS is coming to LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY.
Sweet Dreams :)

#66948 Aug 13, 2012
By the way: Ancient Wolf, did you get any of those chicks hatched? I don't see an update, but then again it might be too far back and I really don't want a plate full of spam and crackers for an hour just to go backwards in this thread, hehe!

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#66950 Aug 13, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi Pete!!! I've missed you all. And par for the course... Oh well.
Nope, I didn't see that one. If it's the one I'm thinking of, that meteor came through when I was out of state for a bit and it was cloudy for days and days during it... I was SO sorry not to have gotten to see it. Were you in Kentucky then and saw it from here?
I'll have to Google that one to get specifics. Yes, I was in Western Kentucky at the time..yeeks! I believe this one was probably seen by the entire Eastern Hemisphere though. The only thing to compare to that was the thing with 3 lights on it, 100 yrds. from my home.(That should wake up the skeptics)

#66951 Aug 13, 2012
Now,now, little one. Go take your Flintstones vitamin, babycakes. It'll ALL be ok.. Did someone forget to put some sugar in your oatmeal this morning?
<<wink>>

#66952 Aug 13, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I'll have to Google that one to get specifics. Yes, I was in Western Kentucky at the time..yeeks! I believe this one was probably seen by the entire Eastern Hemisphere though. The only thing to compare to that was the thing with 3 lights on it, 100 yrds. from my home.(That should wake up the skeptics)
Yes, please Google it for me! I'm too lazy this morning to do it, hehe. At least I'm being honest, LOL!

I'm going to go make one of my infamous smoothies right now. I'm starting to feel like my glucose getting too low... Gotta check it real quick.
Be back in a few minutes....
*Poof*
Muff the Magic Dragon

Leitchfield, KY

#66953 Aug 13, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
By the way: Ancient Wolf, did you get any of those chicks hatched? I don't see an update, but then again it might be too far back and I really don't want a plate full of spam and crackers for an hour just to go backwards in this thread, hehe!
it would take days to dig through unbelievers spam, no crackers to it. naw itchy wolf had to buy some baby chicks. golf balls would have come nearer hatching.

#66954 Aug 13, 2012
Quote of the day:

"The world would be such a nicer place if certain people would take a chill pill. Even better if a few would choke on it"......

~~ Author unknown
She believes

Nashville, TN

#66955 Aug 13, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello "Nope", glad to see you back too. I think a lot of the posters will come back once they see there are not huge gaps between posts and less nonsense to scroll through. I appreciate anything you tried to do. If we could lose the last two haters we would be back to normal again. I know there will always be a couple feeling it necessary to spew some hate for no reason. What sad characters.

Hope everyone is enjoying the rainy day if they have some rain. I am. I love how fresh it smells outside. And green, green...love it. I hate it for all the drought stricken states and for Western Kentucky.

I went out several times between midnight and 3am and never seen one shooting star (still call them that myself lol). The sky was so clear and full of stars. Nothing. Maybe next time. lol

Hope you have a great day!:)

#66957 Aug 13, 2012
The best thing to do in the case of these trolls is not to reply or comment.
(Yeah, I know... I'm guilty as charged, but sometimes they just leave themselves SO wide open, hehe)

I'm also hoping that this thread can get back on track! I'm very glad to see this thread finally turning back around! I have so much fun chatting with you regulars on here. And I agree that the regulars with common sense and courtesy will come back around soon.

If I see any of them on the other threads, I'll try to round 'em up.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#66958 Aug 13, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
It was half and half. I got three chicks to hatch but the other three must not have been fertile. They were from various hens.

#66959 Aug 13, 2012
Awww. Well I'm glad you got at least three new additions!! Good to see you again, by the way!!
Wow

United States

#66962 Aug 13, 2012
Birds
A Hant

Leitchfield, KY

#66965 Aug 13, 2012
Wow wrote:
Birds
cool. that's right on topic, Birds. Every day experiences with birds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taylorsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelly Lewis 7 min brittney 7
Spencer Magnet 1 hr Steven 14
ruth holland 5 hr Steven 8
Drones? 15 hr Steven 2
Spencer County Politics (Feb '14) Fri Elk Creeker 24
Taylorsville ploice department Fri JJ M 1
Vicky Raisor Thu Santa Clause 1
Taylorsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web