Judge throws out objection to use of Delray Beach church for po...

Churches can be used as polling places without violating the religious freedom of voters who are uncomfortable with sectarian symbols and messages posted at the sites, a federal judge has ruled. Full Story
About time

Hialeah, FL

#1 Aug 9, 2007
It is about time a federal judge has showed diligence in his decision against another baseless and stupid suit. This individual should be made to pay all costs associated with his lamebrained, I hope I become famous, lawsuit. Kudos to the judge!!!
I know another individual who will live in hell the rest of his life, right Mr. Rabonowitz????
Kevin

Englewood, CO

#2 Aug 9, 2007
Make the churches take down such statements for polling day. The judge is wrong and I hope the appeal is successful.
KevroArtBarDelra yBeach

Delray Beach, FL

#3 Aug 9, 2007
We're too litigious as a society.
LFO

Jupiter, FL

#4 Aug 9, 2007
I totally agree with "About time". Rabonowitz attorney said that he had no choice as to where he could vote. Wrong, he does have a choice. He can either vote early or vote abseetee.

I am a Christian. If I had to go to a synagogue to vote I wouldn't have a problem but then again I am there to vote - not get into religious conversation.

Get real!
luvsofla

United States

#5 Aug 9, 2007
What an a^s^s. What if it was a school? Dont want to vote there, they may want to teach me something. How about a community center? Dont want to go there they may force me to sign up for softball. You're there to vote not to convert knitwit. If you are that worried that a church may taint you jewishness, maybe you arent such a great jew to begin with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tavernier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 41 min TQW 2,509
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 14 hr feliciano 2,976
need some help finding a connect Sat loyal2foil 1
Looking for some help with a connect. Sat loyal2foil 1
Shelter: Records to be released Sep 16 meme 1
Canadian astronaut Jeremy Hansen may take first... Sep 12 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Coral Castle in Florida (Mar '11) Sep 10 migsly 14
•••
•••
•••

Tavernier Jobs

•••
•••
•••