Audubon Society warns Florida Bay nea...

Audubon Society warns Florida Bay near ecological collapse

There are 25 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 5, 2008, titled Audubon Society warns Florida Bay near ecological collapse. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

An environmental group says Florida Bay is showing signs of ecological collapse after studies found roseate spoonbill nests at their lowest numbers since the 1960s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
birds do migrate

Alpharetta, GA

#24 Mar 5, 2008
any chance the birds have just moved since the algea has lessened the food source?

They might have to rent a boat and look elsewhere......
Since this study probably costs millions, I would like my piece, for solving the issue, donated to Little League Baseball...
Just the facts

Alpharetta, GA

#25 Mar 5, 2008
Global warming is not new, however with today's media attention it has caused a panic.

If you actually research global warming, you will find the earth has 100 and 1000 year periods where it is colder and warmer. The Human race has always survived.

However, this time we require more fuel and food, so there may be some consequences, but the truth is, it is a diversion.

We must truly focus on our management (Government) because it is they who warn us about everything, except themselves...
figures wrote:
<quoted text>
take a look at the big picture einstein, global warming etc, we will be the demise of ourselves!
Just the facts

Alpharetta, GA

#26 Mar 5, 2008
I believe that the "agent" in movie Matrix called us the VIRUS.
Druid wrote:
Humans are the termites of the planet...
Druid

Pompano Beach, FL

#27 Mar 5, 2008
frenchy wrote:
Joe's Stone Crab is still a 3hr wait on weekends-- there is plenty of seafood in the bay- get off your fat axxes and see for yourself-- goofball democrats trying to control nature again--- global warming is a joke
Joe's Stone Crab does not fish or trap in the bay...most of their crabs come from Chocoloskee...this story is NOT about seafood, its about an eco-system..broaden your horizons.
Wildboutbirds

AOL

#28 Mar 5, 2008
FL native wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you assume every environmental protection comes from Democrats? Claw Shaw funded the Everglades Restoration Project during tH Gingrich Congress as part of the Contract with America.
Just because the current President is a dummy and a republican don't think the two always go together.
True enough Fl. I guess I am so sick of the delisting of wolves, allowing guns in our national parks, paying hunters to assault wolves by air, delisting marine life, killing of whales, etc. etc.....most of this does come from Repugs that have no regard for the environment and even deny global warming but I do apologize because there are some (a few) good or OK republicans. Thank you for pointing that out. I will try to be more open to just the issues rather than grouping all repubs into the Bush group...What a group that is... thank you for pointing that out. We should all figure out a way to all get along for our own good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tavernier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wedding planner who left couples at altar charg... May '16 Jan Marie 1
News Key Largo man convicted of murder, sentenced to... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Beannie 30
News Pedestrian dies while crossing U.S. 1 in Key Largo (Apr '10) Mar '16 ChuckCaldwell 21
News Canadian Fugitive Caught In Florida (Oct '09) Feb '16 Truth 17
News Underwater Easter egg hunt set for Islamorada (May '14) May '14 wayne 1
News Tourist teen trashes Keys boat, urinates on cap... (Apr '12) Jan '13 Death Lucifer 4
Information Request (Nov '12) Nov '12 Moonraker 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tavernier Mortgages