United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

On the Menu: A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN

The streets of Tavares are beginning to chatter a bit once again. Morning dives like Kathy’s and Billy’s Café, Sunshine Grill, Soup to Nuts Diner, even the more affluent noon and evening hot spots like Angelo’s and Okeefe’s are beginning to see their networking patrons once again in keeping up with the local agenda of government political maneuvers. The breakfast special these days is “corruption with a side order of elected officials” running the game. Today, the discussion was about Borders.

When comparing field notes an interesting item kept reappearing. A name not seen in a couple years around Lake County but making some recent headlines with appearances. Orange County deputy Sandy Carpenter with his friend Shaquille O’Neil aka the Shaq. Although this Orange County Deputy has not officially entered the Sheriff’s Race yet, it appears he may soon do just that. Inner political camps always have leaks and this one is no exception. Some things can never be plugged and if one decides to enter politics in Lake Co. they better get used to living in a house made of glass; built & owned by Bob McKee.

The interior of the current Sheriff’s Office has been painted bleak and ugly, rotten to the core according to insiders labeled as “disgruntled employees.” Intel has been spoon fed to just about every official on the government trough who has the authority to act on Borders. After all, what is continuously being parlayed to officials is criminal. Reports of the FBI in the jail have resurfaced again and the great “Godfather” himself Bob McKee has reportedly placed the call to back off. But only time will tell how this one pans out. Hold that thought.

One can only imagine what is being assembled in the shadows of county corruption these days but over a recent breakfast consisting of “corruption w/a side order of elected officials”, the field Intel was not only voluminous, but accurate.

Deputies, county employees, judicial employees, clerks employees, citizens at large and so on have pounded the want a be sheriff known as Sandy Carpenter with intelligence of what he can expect to step into. From reports we are receiving at this breakfast table, his reaction has been mediocre. But more importantly, his line of questioning has signs of a trademark only present on West Main Street, Tavares, Florida. So the question was asked; “Has Bob McKee already hired Carpenter and started construction of “Sandy’s Shaq.”
Greg Wilson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

The question remains open for now and only time will tell us the answer. One thing is for certain; the streets are alive and full of citizens wanting an end to the corruption of Lake Co.

The Sheriff is the most important race of 2012 in Lake County. The office has authority to investigate and arrest which is quite different than the current situation. Arresting anyone including officials. So even if “Sandy’s Shaq” makes the plunge and succeeds with a victory, he will have to introduce “Miranda Rights” to his new found friends he continues to associate himself with. Bob McKee, Welton Cadwell, Ms. Stivender where the bones are buried, and a public trough of others including judicial. Review the sworn oath before saying “I do.”

Whom ever sticks their neck out for a run at Sheriff in Lake County better be prepared. One thing is guaranteed, they must have stamina and heart. Stamina to beat Bob McKee and the roundhouse of corruption and heart to remain true to the law and the citizens of Lake Co. Furthermore, expect the Main Street Mafia to throw a surprise if their plan sees signs of failure. We have discussed the “what ifs” and have concluded that the Godfather will have an ace in the hole. Most likely either an FDLE or DOJ name plate to enter the race if needed. Even if what ifs come true, electing a real Sheriff is not out of reach.

For the record, Orange County is not the only game in town. Lake County has many qualified individuals who would make an outstanding Sheriff. male and female alike. Never under estimate the power of a woman. Lake County has plenty of ladies who can handle the job and no; L$ is not on that list. Sorry Borders -“adjective correctly used.”

The current Sheriff’s Office has a few good men and women who still pound the beat for the citizens of Lake County. They are sincere in their commitment to law & order in Lake Co. Proving that not all are in Borders house of criminal activity. But only a few have what it takes to run Lake Co. and introduce Miranda to the arena on Main Street.

Within the walls of Lake Co. is also a group called citizens at large sometimes referred to as taxpayers. Business people with sound heart and business savvy are just as qualified as those in law enforcement, maybe even more so. Florida Statutes does not require the Sheriff to be a sworn law enforcement officer. Meaning that the title is competitively open to the general public at large - with a non criminal background.

In Lake County’s case, a first grade graduation of simple arithmetic, is far better than what we currently have. The Sheriff is about numbers. Incarceration, enforcement, court, jail, admin, payroll and so on; every bit of it surrounds elementary math. So basically, if your background is clean, you can add and subtract, and you have heart; you qualify to run.

Back to glass houses constructed and owned by Bob McKee; money doesn’t matter in this race or any other in 2012 and I’ll tell you why. The people are tired of being manipulated and are ready for a leadership change. So far, no one has officially surfaced on the radar in Lake Co. for Sheriff. And from the reports we receive,“Sandy’s Shaq” is starting to show not welcomed signs. Whom ever steps up to the plate and has the qualities for the challenge ahead has something that money can’t buy and Bob McKee doesn’t own; support of Lake Co. citizens and a little something called the black book. Inside knowledge with supporting documentation of the crimes committed by Lake Co. elected officials.

Los Colinas
I M Dense

Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Boy, I wish I could understand what you just wrote.
One never knows

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Greg Wilson! Very well written!
public servant

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

I M Dense wrote:
Boy, I wish I could understand what you just wrote.
Your condition might be serious.

Please contact your public servant Ed Havill at the property appraiser’s office for a prognosis on your condition. Mr. Havill performs these services at no cost to Lake taxpayers. If Mr. Havill recommends a course of treatment for his diagnosis and you do not have the financial means by which to follow his recommendation may we suggest you then contact Dottie Keedy with community services on South Duncan Drive for assistance in obtaining more professional help for your condition? You might well be suffering from ADHD or lack of NADS especially if you have had one in the wrong place while looking for love in all the wrong places. Don’t thank us , this is provided as a public service for those to dumb to walk and chew gum!
Borders competition

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Borders facing competition - Excerpts from recent Daily Commercial article –Interesting how local news lies and never confirms the legitimacy of their stories – Then refuse to print the blogs of honest comments regarding their lying stories. The people accepted that at face value in 2008 and you see what we got. This time the people have the truth and it will be made available to the public through many different methods including websites and other media sources.

Lake County Sheriff Gary Borders just got his first competitor for this years' election after Orange County law-enforcement veteran Sandy Carpenter filed for the top cop position this week. Borders and then Carpenter filed.

"We should be able to live in a community where our children and grandchildren can live and play without fear of crime," said Carpenter in a press release.

In the 2004 Republicans primary, Carpenter finished second to Chris Daniels, the latter who would go on to hold the position until his death in a 2006 charity bus race.

“Borders was a deputy with the Osceola County Sheriff's Office for nine years before joining the Lake County Sheriff's Office.”(SEE THE TRUTH BELOW) His entire Osceola County career was spent working in the jail. He was the Lake jail chief administrator; and chief deputy of criminal justice operations (Translation: Chief Jailer) when Daniels was killed. Shortly thereafter, Borders was appointed to sheriff before he was elected in 2008.
"He usually doesn't worry about other candidates' campaign," said John Herrell, a sheriff's spokesman. Duh! As in we don’t have anything to worry about Bob McKee and Welton Cadwell fixed the last election and “they” will fix this one. They have friends in high places.
==========
A couple of things really stand out in this story. Gary Borders was a jailer in Osceola County for nine years. He worked his way up to Lieutenant and assistant jail administrator. He was never a real badge wearing, gun toting call answering Deputy Sheriff in his life, either there or here in Lake County. This man has created a BIO from fantasy. All he has done since 1989 is run the Lake County jail and hang out with the juvenile males at the Green Isle Boys Ranch where he was a board director. He was appointed sheriff in 2006. He and his friends, the Brown’s closed the Green Isle in March 2010 because they got too much heat for covering up the rapes and sex abuse of the boys after the news was leaked to the press. A grown man with an affinity for hanging around young boys since he was twenty years old. Documented evidence to prove it. Go figure.

The other issue that stands out in this story is the fact that Lieutenant John Herrell the agency spokesman is speaking to political issues on behalf of sheriff’s candidate Gary Borders. If Borders chooses to run for another term as sheriff, he can do so outside the confines of the taxpayers buildings, vehicles and employee’s as the Florida Statutes require regarding political races, donations and such. He can also learn to be his own mouthpiece. He dodges media because he is concerned one that he doesn’t control might start asking questions about the old Osceola County days and the 20 plus years with Borders and friends at the Green Isle Boys Ranch. The taxpayers of Lake County are not required to pay the salary of campaign workers on behalf of any political candidate. If Gary Borders wants to run for sheriff again he needs to get out there and hit the pavement and take the scrutiny his actions have earned of him. The people won’t settle for smoke and mirrors this time. We want the truth and nothing but the truth so help you God!
Greg Wilson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

The recent announcement of long time Lake County resident Sandy Carpenter of his intentions to once again seek the office of Sheriff of Lake County reminds us locally that the race is on. Mr. Carpenter was a candidate for sheriff in 2004 and then was only edged out of the republican nomination by former sheriff Chris Daniels by a measly 1400 votes. This was Lake County’s last honest election.

Much like his former political opponent sheriff Daniels, Mr. Carpenter comes from old Lake County roots. He is not a transplant nor is he a cull from some other agency who winds up being hired without vetting and nurtured by a culture of corruption who can use him and his shortcomings for their benefits.

It is easy to see, over 30 years ago, how a fine young man, especially one who lives in south Lake County which many old timers always though should have been given to Orange County anyway, would seek a career in law enforcement in a neighboring larger county. Likewise it is also easy to understand how that same person after witnessing the actions of modern law enforcement as Mr Carpenter did regarding the death of his cousin would take the stance, enough is enough and I am in a position to help bring this broken system back into reality and I stand ready to serve that cause.

For those who have watched parents of failure as their children grow up without proper supervision and defy those parents in an escalating manner as they get older, it is easy to transfer that scenario to our very own Lake County government. By circumstance and happenstance Lake County government has become that spoiled child that has now reached maturity. Like the neighbors kids the parents never said no too, Lake County government wants everything and they want it right now.

While Lake County taxpayers and voters were busy earning a living, we left “our child” the Lake County government at the “sitters.” When we got home at night we were just to tired and busy to question “our child” as too who was visiting them and tutoring them at the sitters. We had no ability to take off work regularly and attend the meetings of “our child.” Don’t think the sitters didn’t know that! Soon “our child” was grown and took on a personality of their own. Our child was keeping company with all the wrong people. The faces of some our “our child” began to look like those hanging on the wall of the post office. Perhaps if we’d taken the time to double check would have found a few of “our child’s” faces there. Just like that spoiled kid next door wound up with his picture on the post office wall, now it’s our child’s picture hanging on the post office wall.

How do we get Lake County governments “wanted” picture off the post office wall? There is only one way. We have to stand together to rid the county of the criminals that have infiltrated Lake County government. Everyone who has been listening and watching for the last few years has a list of Lake County’s most wanted public servants. For those with a short memory or who prefer to ignore things and hope they go away, we can start with “the sheriff” and work our way through the system. The good, honest, moral people of Lake County are standing together and gaining in numbers and strength everyday. Thank You Mr. Carpenter. Please put your resume out there for all to see. Don’t worry about college degree’s and such , Borders didn’t have any 4 years ago either. Now he has both a 2 and 4 year degree. He got his from his jail professor Scott Kirkland, he didn’t really earn them. Then he promoted Kirkland to a real road deputy. We the taxpayers paid for it all.
If the people of Lake County take a little look see into these organized criminals that have infiltrated “our child” it will demand not only a total house cleaning but handcuffs for their criminal actions.
Scott

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

All for Carpenter! What a great family.
JasonNavy1968

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Met Carpenter's daughter at Cassia. Didn't get to meet Sandy, but his daughter represented him very well.He has my vote because of her. She should be his spokeswoman. The folks behind me didn't stop talking about how nice and polite she was to them. The youth of Lake County should look up to her. She will get Sandy many votes with her personality. Carpenter for Sheriff. Accelerate your life.

J.B
not perfect either

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

i am amazed at all the folks at the lcso who claim to be christians. they go to church and listen to the preacher speak about homosexuality and how God calls it an abomination. then they go to work at the lcso and praise sheriff borders. they are willing to set their values and morals aside in return for his attention and favor. baby ann irvin is a devout christian, but she tells her children that homosexuality is not a sin. her son got a job at the jail. thats great for now. he will not be blessed due to the way he received it. her friendship with sheriff borders is the reason he was placed ahead of dozens of other more qualified applicants. applicants who need a job to feed their children and health insurance. being a christian isnt a part-time job. yes, god loves and forgives sinners. but you must repent and turn away from those sins in order to be blessed. you are living for the moment baby ann, and placing your sons future in jeapordy by receiving favor from a non-repentent homosexual. those are called ill-gotten gains. they do not flourish. even satan has the power to give people pleasure and success, but satans rewards are for evil purpose, not eternal life with jsus christ.
prowl a sex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

It's too bad not enought people in Lake County know that their very own elected sheriff Gary Borders gives a whole new meaning to the term "prowl a sex."
lcjail planned parenthood

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

apparently sheriff borders is now on the planned parenthood board also. he got a call from a pregnant inmates' family demanding she be allowed to have an abortion . she had been in jail two weeks serving a "six" month sentence. the sheriff allowed her to be let out of jail. a letter (request) was sent to a judge asking that judge to time serve her. the letter did not specify what her medical condition was, only that her medical needs would be better handled if she was out of jail. the judge, trusting the sheriff's office time served her. so she gets out five months early on a six month sentence. dont know what became of the now free inmate, dont care, what she does is her own private affair. we supposedly have a republican pro-life sheriff, i sure dont see it.
boopity

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

Things are changing somewhat around here. We got it pretty straight from the horses mouth last week that one of the middle aged captain's confessed to his moma and poppa that he's gay. Central rumors says papa ain't taking it too good. Bet he wishes he flushed that one down the toilet too! As for that republican pro-life sheriff you are supposed to have he's more like a RINO (Repub in name only)than a real repub!The only reason pedophiles are pro-life is they don't want to cut off their supply of more young boys.
boopity

Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

boopity wrote:
Things are changing somewhat around here. We got it pretty straight from the horses mouth last week that one of the middle aged captain's confessed to his moma and poppa that he's gay. Central rumors says papa ain't taking it too good. Bet he wishes he flushed that one down the toilet too! As for that republican pro-life sheriff you are supposed to have he's more like a RINO (Repub in name only)than a real repub!The only reason pedophiles are pro-life is they don't want to cut off their supply of more young boys.
someone stole mines name; i dont take to kindly to that!! but if this dip$hit wants to be me and pretend to b me then i will grant that wish! i dont care WHAT or WHO anyone believes in! much less who they vote for, i only know what i know because of what i've experienced and lived. try to hijack another name under the radar f*&ktard.
dipchet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

boopity wrote:
<quoted text>
someone stole mines name; i dont take to kindly to that!! but if this dip$hit wants to be me and pretend to b me then i will grant that wish! i dont care WHAT or WHO anyone believes in! much less who they vote for, i only know what i know because of what i've experienced and lived. try to hijack another name under the radar f*&ktard.
Hey Jeff Taylor, you got a short memory, it was you that wanted to become "Hose B." Turn about is fair play! From then on all is fair in love and war and this damn sure ain't love! All that beer hunting and running interference for your chief drunk friend Peyton along with trying to be a new husband coupled with making sure Peyton and your sick pos boss don't give you credit for these truthful blogs and get you confused with those that's jumping ship on them. Even I have got to admit it's getting harder and harder to know who to trust around this place every day now and the campaigning ain't really even got started good yet.
boopity

Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

dipchet wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jeff Taylor, you got a short memory, it was you that wanted to become "Hose B." Turn about is fair play! From then on all is fair in love and war and this damn sure ain't love! All that beer hunting and running interference for your chief drunk friend Peyton along with trying to be a new husband coupled with making sure Peyton and your sick pos boss don't give you credit for these truthful blogs and get you confused with those that's jumping ship on them. Even I have got to admit it's getting harder and harder to know who to trust around this place every day now and the campaigning ain't really even got started good yet.
Oh darn, you caught me..........AGAIN! LOL
dipchet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Hey man I know you have got to try and convince the chief you ain't no turncoat. You know it's all or nothing now. When the sick fag sheriff bites the dust all the scum he's drug up around him and allowed to get away with murder will be goners too. Word on the street last night was he's coming out in handcuffs soon. Can't imagine someone finally charging him with a crime as many as they have to choose from. Something about missing millions maybe? If true it's going to be interesting to see if Bob McKee and the courthouse mafia has got enough pull to get Peyton,the drunk in chief annointed sheriff. The only real difference is Borders paws all over the young boys and Peyton paws all over the young women. Not even enough difference to change the names on all the signs.
wheres the audit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Has anyone out there heard what is going on with the LCSO audit being performed by Moore, Stephens and Lovelace? http://www.mslcpa.com/ Maybe people didn’t know they are paying for an audit!
Since they are being paid with OUR MONEY to audit where OUR MONEY has been spent and since rumors abound that millions of dollars might be missing from the sheriff’s budget as well as hundreds of thousands of specific fund federal dollars that has been used to cover these losses, just when will Moors, Stephens and Lovelace report their findings to their real employers, the taxpayers of Lake County? What about a little truth for a change around this place? Where’s the money and where’s the audit report?

The real zebdog

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

“Audit” a county agency is being AUDITED.......WOOHOO! Like most of the posts here about Lake County Government and or the Lake County Sheriff are innuendo, half truths, plain out lies, rumors and gossip. Of course the Lake County Sheriff’s Office is being “Audited”.......by law they have to, just like every other sheriff’s office in the state of Florida, just look in Florida Statutes.

218.39 Annual financial audit reports.—
&#8195;(1)If, by the first day in any fiscal year, a local governmental entity, district school board, charter school, or charter technical career center has not been notified that a financial audit for that fiscal year will be performed by the Auditor General, each of the following entities shall have an annual financial audit of its accounts and records completed within 9 months after the end of its fiscal year by an independent certified public accountant retained by it and paid from its public funds:

Some of the posters here remind me of blind mosquitoes or better yet, dog *ick gnats........slightly annoying, ignorant, but harmless.

smh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

The real zebdog wrote:
“Audit” a county agency is being AUDITED.......WOOHOO! Like most of the posts here about Lake County Government and or the Lake County Sheriff are innuendo, half truths, plain out lies, rumors and gossip. Of course the Lake County Sheriff’s Office is being “Audited”.......by law they have to, just like every other sheriff’s office in the state of Florida, just look in Florida Statutes.
218.39 Annual financial audit reports.—
&#8195;(1)If, by the first day in any fiscal year, a local governmental entity, district school board, charter school, or charter technical career center has not been notified that a financial audit for that fiscal year will be performed by the Auditor General, each of the following entities shall have an annual financial audit of its accounts and records completed within 9 months after the end of its fiscal year by an independent certified public accountant retained by it and paid from its public funds:
Some of the posters here remind me of blind mosquitoes or better yet, dog *ick gnats........slightly annoying, ignorant, but harmless.
You sound like Leftnut Pelton whether or not you are you got your back spin training from him! Your "innuendo, half truths, plain out lies, rumors and gossip" statement is nothing more that total bullsh*t and you know it! While some of the grammar might not be too kosher the messages are right on the facts every time. For instance; I suppose you would like what few pople in Lake County that does not know what is going on at the LCSO to believe that long time upstanding citizens such as the ones who run the Right Side Blogs would allow such things as comments about Borders HOMO status on their website if they did not know for a fact they are true! You are fighting a losing battle. The people of Lake County are slow learners; they prefer to geive everyone the benefit of the doubt. Borders has been sheriff now for over five years. All the public has yet to see of him is that sick cocaine looking smile and that yellow sick looking skin and everything he looks a t a young boy he slobbers! Everone knows that is why he dropped the hiring age from his "private stock" training school to just 19 years of age! Hardly a PD in the state will hire 19 year old kids, but Borders does if they are male.

Yes! Audits are a requirement of the law! Peyton Grinnell following the auditors around for Borders like a puppy and begging them to stall and/ or not release findings where they have illegally used federal funds to cover up hundreds of thousands of budget shortfalls and other criminal acts is not required by the law! It is in fact a violation of the law when is something yoou idiots don't understand.

Keep up the good work and if you are indeed leftnut Pelton, while you might not be like those sick manuevers of your boss, if you intend to support his sickness you are just as sick as he is! Get ready, this is going to be one hell of an election year and it doesn't have one thing to do with whoever runs against Gary Borders. It's all about the truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Tavares Forum right now

Search the Tavares Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Let's get a new Sheriff 19 hr really 72
Sheriff Borders (Dec '12) 19 hr really 124
Lake schools considers shuttering struggling ch... Tue and Moxley won 11
Carlton Palms Abuse Article Is Very Good (Nov '12) Jul 7 Tweety22 8
Stop homosexuals from getting married! Jul 7 Daytona 25
Lauren Ritchie Her Silence Is Deafening (Aug '12) Jul 5 Heres a rarity 12
LCSO Hackers Release Reasons For Their Actions ... (May '12) Jul 4 the answer is simple 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tavares Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tavares People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••