ministerial alliance

Posted in the Tarkio Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“WWJD? TELL IT LIKE IT IS ...”

Since: Oct 10

TARKIO MISSOURI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 5, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I can not keep my mouth closed no more.Apparently there is within our community an allied force of the churches that have banded together under one name and each church in town contributes funds and what have you to this group called the ministerial alliance.This is who you will be told to contact if you should ever find urself in a bad situation or need some help in the town of tarkio.Will they get back to you? I don't believe so.Will they even return your call? Not likely. And if you can actually get a hold of pastor rachell at the church in town who is overseeing this money and position what will she tell you. Well this is what we were told."I don't know why they are sending you to me.and i can't help you." This is just not my opinion but the opinion of the other churches in town as well as the agencies that send you to her for help.Calls to her go unanswered , messages are never returned,and who always has the check book in her possession (with the combined funds of all the churches in ur community )but can never be reached for help.Pastor rachell... I personally feel that she needs to be relieved of her position and it b given to one of the church leaders in this community who will actually help those in need. My family is doing ok now but when we were in need she could not be bothered to help us.In fact the only church in town that has ever helped us is the first baptist church of Tarkio and that is why we have made it our church.A church is a family that takes care of it's people and they have made us feel like family,welcomed us with open arms,been there when we need financial assistance or just an ear to hear our troubles...I wish i could say the same about the ministerial alliance but quite frankly either them or the person who they are allowing to run it are a joke ....call around and see if what i'm saying is true.contact the agencies in this town and ask them if they seem to have the same problem with actually getting help from the ministerial alliance.
understandable

Tarkio, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 9, 2010
 
I understand you being upset, I would as well. I dont believe all the churches in Tarkio are like that at all. There are a couple churches here in town that are fairly small in size, they help with food pantry, rest home services... etc. From what I have heard and seen the First Baptist here in Tarkio is a good church and I am happy that you have found a caring church family to belong to! That is very important. Being a christian means being Christ like. Anyways I just wanted to state that all churches in Tarkio arent selfish and uncaring.

“WWJD? TELL IT LIKE IT IS ...”

Since: Oct 10

TARKIO MISSOURI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 10, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

understandable wrote:
I understand you being upset, I would as well. I dont believe all the churches in Tarkio are like that at all. There are a couple churches here in town that are fairly small in size, they help with food pantry, rest home services... etc. From what I have heard and seen the First Baptist here in Tarkio is a good church and I am happy that you have found a caring church family to belong to! That is very important. Being a christian means being Christ like. Anyways I just wanted to state that all churches in Tarkio arent selfish and uncaring.
I agree whole heartedly with what u have to say and being christ like is a hard pair of shoes to slip on but not impossible.And my problem is not with the churches here but with this so called ministerial alliance .And not actually the group themselves but the person who is overseeing it. They have been put in to a great position of trust and stewardship and are supposed to be serving god and the needs of this community but from how it is that is not the case. And i wish that they be removed from this position and it be given to another church leader in our community who will respect this position by doing it properly and actually help people and even maybe be polite enough to answer folks messages and pleas for help instead of just disregarding them and the agencies in town who are also calling this person and getting no response either.
Seems to me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 13, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Ministerial Alliance does a great job... only people that get turned down seem to do the bitching. People move into Tarkio for what reason I'll never know...but they want everything paid for by someone else... pay their lights, buy their food and Christmas gifts... I understand hard times my family has been through them... I understand needing help at times, but some people will never help their self by getting a job!Rev Rachell... does a great job!
GimmeAbreak

Tarkio, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 15, 2010
 
Seems to me wrote:
The Ministerial Alliance does a great job... only people that get turned down seem to do the bitching. People move into Tarkio for what reason I'll never know...but they want everything paid for by someone else... pay their lights, buy their food and Christmas gifts... I understand hard times my family has been through them... I understand needing help at times, but some people will never help their self by getting a job!Rev Rachell... does a great job!
LMAO! Of course the people that get turned down do the bitching... are you an idiot?! Why would the people who get help bitch? They CAN NOT, because there are NONE!
You say you understand hard times well if that is the case then why on Earth are you on here running your mouth?
I did not see anyone ask for "their lights, their food and their Christmas gifts" to be paid for. I believe what Richard said was the Rev. Rachel does NOT return phone calls.. not even to Community Services, hence she is a BAD person of have in charge of the Ministerial Alliance. The person in charge of it should have the decency to return phone calls, especially to a Government entity such as Community Services.
You run your mouth about things you know nothing about, you are essentially putting Richard and his family down because they fell on hard times and sought some assistance. They went the route that should be taken, and received no reply from Rev. Rachel.
No, I am sure you do not know why they moved to Tarkio.. but does that really matter? Should we turn our backs on decent human beings because they moved here from somewhere else? If that is the case then I am ashamed to be from Tarkio. Maybe if you took the time to meet Richard.. he has posted his address AND telephone number on other threads.. then maybe you would realize that he and his family are honest to goodness decent and Christian people who are simply having a tough time right now. They attend Tarkio First Baptist Church and have a lovely little girl. They are not out robbing people, murdering people, doing drugs or in any other way, shape or form attempting to harm anyone. They are kind and good people. I wish the same could be said for you.
Seems to me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 15, 2010
 
community services is not a government entity its a private not for profit, I was not putting Richard and his family down...I know The Ministerial Alliance does a great job, they have helped me out at times, and other times they couldn't help....

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 16, 2010
 
It's not up to the Ministerial Alliance, it's in Gods hands. No need to be responsible for yourself and the situation you're in. It's Gods will. It's foolish to believe we should plan our own lives and make our own choices to succeed. The Lord will provide.

“WWJD? TELL IT LIKE IT IS ...”

Since: Oct 10

TARKIO MISSOURI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 16, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Crack Minister Jones wrote:
It's not up to the Ministerial Alliance, it's in Gods hands. No need to be responsible for yourself and the situation you're in. It's Gods will. It's foolish to believe we should plan our own lives and make our own choices to succeed. The Lord will provide.
Ever heard the joke about the guy who heard on the news and from his friends that the area he lived in was about to be overcome by floods,but he stood fast and kept telling everyone that God had him covered? Well the story goes on to say that after repeated attempts by folks to rescue him he drowned in the flood and then stood in front of God asking him "what happened Lord I thought you had me covered" where as God replied "look,I sent you a news broadcast, i sent friends to tell you get out,a boat and even a helicopter,what more did you want me to do"? Yeah God provides my friend but he does it in ways that are usually unseen and unnoticed by us and if i am told to go or led to one of his servants and then receive no justice or help then that servant is not doing his will or that which is expected of them.and that is what has happened to us and others in this community as well as strangers and travelers in need. and quite frankly it is wrong and the seat of power needs to be given to another of Gods servants so that his will may be done and that is to love and care for one another as we do ourselves.I don't know maybe we got the shaft cuz we were not methodists who knows and i don't really care anymore about what happened to us i just don't want the same treatment or disregard to happen to others who may find themselves at a troubled crossroad in life...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 17, 2010
 
Oh my God that's one hilarious joke, you crack me up.

Wait here's another.
There was this guy who was asking for hand outs and the gal he called never returned his call so he decided, without knowing what she was up to, that she was unfit to be in the position she's in because he got no response.

There's another one like this where the guy talks a to figment of his imagination asking for things too that he never gets yet he finds his imaginary friend to be all knowing and all helpful.

You ever here the one about the talking snake? It's a riot.
HaHa

Tarkio, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 17, 2010
 
Crack Minister Jones wrote:
Oh my God that's one hilarious joke, you crack me up.
Wait here's another.
There was this guy who was asking for hand outs and the gal he called never returned his call so he decided, without knowing what she was up to, that she was unfit to be in the position she's in because he got no response.
There's another one like this where the guy talks a to figment of his imagination asking for things too that he never gets yet he finds his imaginary friend to be all knowing and all helpful.
You ever here the one about the talking snake? It's a riot.
I now see why you would want to hide your location.. I would be ashamed of myself too.
Wisdom comes with age.. hopefully you won't die before you acquire some so that you will not rot in Hell for eternity.

“WWJD? TELL IT LIKE IT IS ...”

Since: Oct 10

TARKIO MISSOURI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 17, 2010
 
Crack Minister Jones wrote:
Oh my God that's one hilarious joke, you crack me up.
Wait here's another.
There was this guy who was asking for hand outs and the gal he called never returned his call so he decided, without knowing what she was up to, that she was unfit to be in the position she's in because he got no response.
There's another one like this where the guy talks a to figment of his imagination asking for things too that he never gets yet he finds his imaginary friend to be all knowing and all helpful.
You ever here the one about the talking snake? It's a riot.
actually we were looking for a hand up not a hand out and my opinion of this person is not based on just my own experiances but of others around me including those in fellow help organizations and the local churches in this area who have had to deal with them with no satisfaction or even a return call so think of me what u will cuz it does not really matter.ur thoughts won't increase or decrease from my life anything at all.my point in all of this is to bring attention to the problem because those around me are not saying anything for fear of being looked down on or for making waves,what have you.but as you can tell i'm not hiding behind a computer screen with some fake name so i can talk smack i'm being up front and honest from the get go.there is a problem and it needs to be addressed ,and not because of my needs or situation but for others now and in the future.
Justa blazin

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 17, 2010
 
Here is a thought. Since you use the W.W.J.D. as your representative statement, which is a wonderful thing. I might ask you to follow that message and focus on prayer and fellowship more than constantly being on topix. I believe God said it best when he said, "God helps those who help themselves" I doubt if Jesus or God would fight their battles in this way.

“WWJD? TELL IT LIKE IT IS ...”

Since: Oct 10

TARKIO MISSOURI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 17, 2010
 
Justa blazin wrote:
Here is a thought. Since you use the W.W.J.D. as your representative statement, which is a wonderful thing. I might ask you to follow that message and focus on prayer and fellowship more than constantly being on topix. I believe God said it best when he said, "God helps those who help themselves" I doubt if Jesus or God would fight their battles in this way.
Actually i don't believe god really said that but if u could show me where that is in the bible i would really like to know cuz i have wondered about that b4.and i will take what u have said in to consideration.I have saw that most don't seem to take anything serious and some seem to over react when it comes to issues around here and then there are those it seems who have nothing better to do then to try and hurt or defame some ones charactor.i am just trying to reach out to those around me in my community with issues that i have come upon personally in hopes to get positive feed back in order to change these things.i can only speak of things that have personally affected me or my family so as to remain honest to the facts.nothing more or nothing less really.
Here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 17, 2010
 
For the record, the statement “God helps those who help themselves “ is not in the Bible it is first found in the writing of Aesop who said,“The gods help them that help themselves.” Euripides, a Greek philosopher, said,“Try first thyself, and after, call on God.” George Herbert in the 17th century wrote,“Help thyself and God will help thee.” We received our present version from Benjamin Franklin who wrote,“God helps those who help themselves.”[p. 175](1736). Franklin himself was a deist and so he believed that God did not play an active role in men's lives. In his point of view if man was not able to help himself, then man was hopeless.
The Bible teaches something entirely different than the above saying, because God makes special provision to help the helpless.
Helpless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 17, 2010
 
Not everyone that says they are helpless is... I think they are just lazy...
Valid Point

Tarkio, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 17, 2010
 
Helpless wrote:
Not everyone that says they are helpless is... I think they are just lazy...
A very valid point, however, there are those who are not lazy but who can not work due to a disability and while their spouses work all the hours they can, they still struggle to make ends meet.
I agree that if you are a lazy ass looking for a handout then be gone but if you are sincerely doing all that you can to improve your situation and happen upon hard times and merely need a little help then it should be available to you. Abusing the system is something some families do for a living while others try to keep out of the system but need a little help to make ends meet during a hard time.
Maybe all this bashing could have been avoided had Rev. Rachel merely returned a phone call and explained to him that she (the ministerial alliance) was unable to help him for whatever reason but getting no reply was just rude and wrong.
two

Oak Grove, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 17, 2010
 
There is always two sides to everystory
Justa blazin

Rock Port, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 17, 2010
 
Here wrote:
For the record, the statement “God helps those who help themselves “ is not in the Bible it is first found in the writing of Aesop who said,“The gods help them that help themselves.” Euripides, a Greek philosopher, said,“Try first thyself, and after, call on God.” George Herbert in the 17th century wrote,“Help thyself and God will help thee.” We received our present version from Benjamin Franklin who wrote,“God helps those who help themselves.”[p. 175](1736). Franklin himself was a deist and so he believed that God did not play an active role in men's lives. In his point of view if man was not able to help himself, then man was hopeless.
The Bible teaches something entirely different than the above saying, because God makes special provision to help the helpless.
Do you think everything God said or introduced to mankind was put in the bible??? Their are exceptions to most every situation. The statement about helping ones self is basic faith and hard work philosophy. I love when so called Christians or intellects split hairs and try to put their own agenda ahead of God. The point is, topix and facebook are probably not where one should continue to plead their case about their rough life or criticize a church organization, whether you are right or wrong. WWJD is a question that needs to be pondered and most likely the answer is a private matter. Oh, Ben Franklin, wonderful man, should probably not be taken in the same frame of reference as GOD! Reliance on oneself alone is contradictory to the basic premise of prayer.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 17, 2010
 
Justa blazin wrote:
Here is a thought. Since you use the W.W.J.D. as your representative statement, which is a wonderful thing. I might ask you to follow that message and focus on prayer and fellowship more than constantly being on topix. I believe God said it best when he said, "God helps those who help themselves" I doubt if Jesus or God would fight their battles in this way.
Jesus won't whine on topix? What would he do then? Not something crazy like actually talking to the church members I hope.

“WWJD? TELL IT LIKE IT IS ...”

Since: Oct 10

TARKIO MISSOURI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 17, 2010
 
Want to talk about something else? Start your own discussion! Ask a question, start a debate, post a tip, or just say what's on your mind...yeah thats what topix was suppossed to be about or thats atleast what it says but apparently it is more about just bashing and ridiculing people...I tried to bring a problem to light but i guess it was just a stupid idea and i apologize...yeah what would jesus do is a question and u know what he did, he told it like it was and for that it cost him his life.I never wanted a hand out i needed a hand up to pay a utility deposit so my little girl and my wife could have hot water and such when we first moved here cuz it took everything we had to move in.and the people who my church and other churches in the area had given money to for this type of thing just blew us off without a second thought so my church and their pastor were true christians and actually footed the bill twice and have helped us more than i can ever repay with money but even though we don't have much i try and give what we can back to them so that they can continue to help those in need when the time arises. and the fact that they had to dig deep to help us when they had already given funds to someone else to do these things and they themselves could not even get a call back from them, has bothered me for awhile so i spoke up since they were too nice to say anything about it and i felt that their kindness and generosity was being abused by another.Jesus told it like it was where ever and whenever the need a rose and so will i and you can think of me what you will but i will be true to myself in the end rather than be a hypocrite and a liar. and yes with holding of the truth is a lie. the truth hurts and does not always taste so good but i can live with that...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tarkio Discussions

Search the Tarkio Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 33 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 92,139
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 2 hr dear guest 18,909
mr.yost and the rest of our youth. (Apr '12) 6 hr Brandon Yost 40
RP Pool 15 hr Reeeeeally 7
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 15 hr guest 6,872
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 15 hr guest 262
Register and Vote No on Tax Levy Apr 16 1 who knows 68
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tarkio Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Tarkio People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••