First Prev
of 2
Next Last
IndianMom

Sweet Springs, MO

#1 Sep 12, 2009
Just wanted to say great job boys on your win against Polo last night. You boys done an awesome job!! I'm still smiling about it today.:} WTG!!
Standing Ovation

Tarkio, MO

#2 Sep 12, 2009
Amen! You guys ROCKED! It is GREAT to see such hard work pay off for you guys! We love you no matter if you win or lose, but we love to SEE you win, it is BETTER FOR YOU!! Awesome job guys!!
IndianMom

Sweet Springs, MO

#3 Sep 13, 2009
It definately does see such hard work pay off and the smiles on your faces are priceless!! We do love you win or lose and will continue to stand behind you no matter what. Again great job, wtg and I'm so proud of ALL of you!!
The Future Indians

Tarkio, MO

#4 Sep 13, 2009
Lets just hope the Jr. High coaches see the light and realize that he Jr. High kids are the future of this football program and COACHING. 11 hrs of practice in 3 weeks does not build a football team. You cant teach football in that time. Our kids were lost Monday in that game against RP. Who by the way we learned from RP parents practice 2-3 hrs a day and even on Sat.. And you could tell which team had prepared and which one had not. It wasnt fair to our kids. That was Lukes loss not the warriors loss! The Jr. high team needs to be shown some respect and given equal time for practice that the HS boys get. The after all are the FUTURE of this football program.

Great game Indians!!
Nacho

Plattsburg, MO

#5 Sep 13, 2009
The Future Indians wrote:
Lets just hope the Jr. High coaches see the light and realize that he Jr. High kids are the future of this football program and COACHING. 11 hrs of practice in 3 weeks does not build a football team. You cant teach football in that time. Our kids were lost Monday in that game against RP. Who by the way we learned from RP parents practice 2-3 hrs a day and even on Sat.. And you could tell which team had prepared and which one had not. It wasnt fair to our kids. That was Lukes loss not the warriors loss! The Jr. high team needs to be shown some respect and given equal time for practice that the HS boys get. The after all are the FUTURE of this football program.
Great game Indians!!
Welcome home Luke. In Tarkio the coaches lose and the kids win. I was happy to see the high school kids get a win. I was equally happy for the coaches to get that win. However, I haven't heard anyone giving the coaches any credit, so I will. Congrats to the coaching staff. Your hard work paid off Friday.
As for the jr. high practices, the coaches will never win. If you practice a lot people will complain too. Try having a saturday practice and you will be crucified for that too.
I say it's time to turn all of the coaching duties to the parents. All those who are interested can sign up, and they will all work together to run the team. That should work out really well.
I hope everyone caught the sarcasm, cause I'm laying it on pretty thick.
IndianMom

Sweet Springs, MO

#6 Sep 13, 2009
Nacho wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome home Luke. In Tarkio the coaches lose and the kids win. I was happy to see the high school kids get a win. I was equally happy for the coaches to get that win. However, I haven't heard anyone giving the coaches any credit, so I will. Congrats to the coaching staff. Your hard work paid off Friday.
As for the jr. high practices, the coaches will never win. If you practice a lot people will complain too. Try having a saturday practice and you will be crucified for that too.
I say it's time to turn all of the coaching duties to the parents. All those who are interested can sign up, and they will all work together to run the team. That should work out really well.
You are completely right and I apologize for not giving the coaches credit. So wtg to the coaches too!! My son gives alot of credit to the coaches and he thought it was great when he got drenched with gatorade. lol. I know they were all pumped after that game, and like I said the smiles on ALL their faces were priceless, including the coaches!! Well done to all!
IndianMom

Sweet Springs, MO

#7 Sep 13, 2009
Sry didn't mean to post that twice, but it happens sometimes I guess. lol
The Future Indians

Tarkio, MO

#8 Sep 13, 2009
Nacho wrote:
<quoted text>
They have practiced on a holiday and a Sunday, parents arent complaining about that they are complaining about the lack of practice. 11 hours in three weeks is a joke. You cant build a team in that time. They deserve the attention and time of the coaches same as the HS boys do!
Nacho

Plattsburg, MO

#9 Sep 13, 2009
IndianMom wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely right and I apologize for not giving the coaches credit. So wtg to the coaches too!! My son gives alot of credit to the coaches and he thought it was great when he got drenched with gatorade. lol. I know they were all pumped after that game, and like I said the smiles on ALL their faces were priceless, including the coaches!! Well done to all!
Thanks Indian Mom for adding that. I was a little harsh, but I get frustrated with people who constantly complain no matter what. My post was not directed at those who support in the proper manner. Keep up your good work. Parents play possibly the biggest role of all. If the parents are positive, that rubs off on the kids. If the parents are negative..... I'm sure you get what I'm saying.
IndianMom

Sweet Springs, MO

#10 Sep 13, 2009
Nacho wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Indian Mom for adding that. I was a little harsh, but I get frustrated with people who constantly complain no matter what. My post was not directed at those who support in the proper manner. Keep up your good work. Parents play possibly the biggest role of all. If the parents are positive, that rubs off on the kids. If the parents are negative..... I'm sure you get what I'm saying.
Yw, but honestly I didn't take as harsh at all. You were right. In fact during and after the game we were happy for the coaches and the team. Not one or the other. They are a team and I'm definately happy for all of them and I hope this gives them a real boost for future games.:) I know that Hamilton is gonna be a real big challenge, but I just told my son not to go in there thinking they won't win. Trying their best is all they can do and shouldn't be ashamed of nothing afterwards, especially if they are trying their best. Ya know?
KC Wolf

Tarkio, MO

#11 Sep 14, 2009
Way to go Indians!!! Finally able to pull off a win!! You guys put your heart and soul into that game. It made a longggggggg trip home so much nicer!:)
CherokeeWoman

Rock Port, MO

#12 Sep 15, 2009
Maybe we need to hire some more coaches, in addition to the four or five already employed.
KC Wolf

Tarkio, MO

#13 Sep 15, 2009
Maybe if we would play in the right conference we wouldn't need all them coaches! Riding 120 miles to a game is ignorance on the school board part!(but then consider who is on that board) we used to play s holt, nod holt, w nodaway, ne nodaway, craig, fairfax, etc.. school that are under 10000000000000000000000 miles away! I dont know who votes for these people, old retired and non caring people I guess.
FFS

Tarkio, MO

#14 Sep 15, 2009
KC Wolf wrote:
Maybe if we would play in the right conference we wouldn't need all them coaches! Riding 120 miles to a game is ignorance on the school board part!(but then consider who is on that board) we used to play s holt, nod holt, w nodaway, ne nodaway, craig, fairfax, etc.. school that are under 10000000000000000000000 miles away! I dont know who votes for these people, old retired and non caring people I guess.
I completely agree! We are in the wrong conference!!
kca-z

Rock Port, MO

#15 Sep 16, 2009
Driving all the way to downtown KC and returning after 11 or midnight to play a football game on any night of the week is absolutely ridiculous! It means nothing if rp beats some kids in some big city far away...doesn't anybody realize this. How stupid are the people of this small town school?
Dick

Rock Port, MO

#16 Sep 16, 2009
Again, poor decision making on the part of the Board for your school, town and kids.
JustMe

Pleasant Hill, MO

#17 Sep 16, 2009
The Future Indians wrote:
<quoted text>
They have practiced on a holiday and a Sunday, parents arent complaining about that they are complaining about the lack of practice. 11 hours in three weeks is a joke. You cant build a team in that time. They deserve the attention and time of the coaches same as the HS boys do!
Football. It's a game. Can they make a living out of that? Doubt it. I hope that you people will get excited about their grades too. Maybe the students will work on their studies with the time that their coach is not working with them.Parents just want to have it all done for them by the coaches and if their kids are not doing good they will have someone to blame. The kids can practice at home too, ya know.
IndianMom

Sweet Springs, MO

#18 Sep 16, 2009
JustMe wrote:
<quoted text>Football. It's a game. Can they make a living out of that? Doubt it. I hope that you people will get excited about their grades too. Maybe the students will work on their studies with the time that their coach is not working with them.Parents just want to have it all done for them by the coaches and if their kids are not doing good they will have someone to blame. The kids can practice at home too, ya know.
I agree football is just a game, but that's one of the few sports that is offered to the boys here and they enjoy it. Besides that, if they don't have the grades then they can't play. Why shouldn't we get excited for the kids and coaches when they work so hard in practice after school and win a game? I myself think sports is a good thing for kids. Can they make a career out of it who knows, but it sure can help with scholarships and that always helps, which indeed they can make a good living out of that. I think you are taking all of this out of context. We just want to see our kids do good in school and sports. I don't see a problem with that.
KC Wolf

Tarkio, MO

#19 Sep 16, 2009
JustMe.....I get excited over grades and I get excited over football. our point is, we can play in the right conference and not have to drive 120 miles to a game and we can be home before 1 AM. If you'd learn to read and comprehend you would have gotten that in the above post.
this kid

Sweet Springs, MO

#20 Sep 17, 2009
hate to break it to you but polos not in our conference and the school board doesnt get to choose what conference were in if you wanted to switch conferences we'd have to go even farther so think about things before you say them the games we play now are far but if we switch then itll be farther

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarkio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tarkio Jukebox (Jul '12) May '17 Musikologist 16
Vance reunion May '17 Widowmiller 1
Mickey Gilliland Apr '17 mommy luvs u 1
'Truth Teller' Defends Fellow Molesters Apr '17 Bluejay Bob 2
GossipTime (Feb '13) Nov '16 tonythetiger 7
Tarkio Topix News... or more like Tarkio Topix ... (Jun '10) Oct '16 Terry Eaton 20
Joesting for Commissioner? (Oct '16) Oct '16 Josh Smith 1

Tarkio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tarkio Mortgages