Rock Port Cable, anyone else having p...

Rock Port Cable, anyone else having problems?

Posted in the Tarkio Forum

Maybe its just me

Rock Port, MO

#1 Aug 8, 2012
Anyone else having problems with Rock Port Cable? I've went through a couple of those new boxes. They've been quick to come out, just curious if I'm just getting lemons.
Not just you

Rock Port, MO

#2 Aug 9, 2012
I also have had new boxes and even a new card put in one of those new boxes. I am not impressd with the way you have to record shows........can't record and watch a different channel???? thats just dumb! I think we went back 20 years.
JRC

Rock Port, MO

#3 Aug 9, 2012
If you have a Tivo you can record 2 shows or record one and watch one. You can tell by the red circles on the front of your tivo box.
Better than Direct

Rock Port, MO

#4 Aug 9, 2012
When I had Direct TV my dish got out of alignment it took them a week to come out in fix the picture quality it as good if not better
Keep it Local

Rock Port, MO

#5 Aug 9, 2012
Donít forget people if you have a phone line you get capital credits for your cable tv..for that I can be patient while they work the bugs out
Loco Joe

Hamburg, MO

#6 Aug 14, 2012
Yea things are new and RPT is local, and needs to keep up with the competion, so we should support them and back them up. YES they have thrown a big change at us, but that is just them keeping up with the providers and trying to do the best for the consumer
Alocal

Rock Port, MO

#7 Aug 21, 2012
It's nothing like the past. One program might be too loud and change channel and it can be so low you can't hear it. Have to mess with the remote to get desired volume.
Really

United States

#8 Aug 23, 2012
For an extra 5 dollars a year that you have to wait 7 years to get. I'm not that desperate for money to put up with removing the card from the back of the box every other day. l
Keep it Local wrote:
Donít forget people if you have a phone line you get capital credits for your cable tv..for that I can be patient while they work the bugs out
Getting tiresome

Euless, TX

#9 Aug 24, 2012
They are going on month 4 or 5 of this new system. Did they not test this stuff before they put it in our homes?!? I don't want to be a guinea pig, I want stuff that works.
smalltown

Tarkio, MO

#10 Aug 24, 2012
had dishnetwork for nine years not as many problems as in the last few months. wish i had never changed. new boxes are cheap crap move it and pic has lines etc.
tivo is okay

Rock Port, MO

#11 Aug 25, 2012
We have a Tivo and regular box. The Tivo is 100 times better. The new cable box guide itself is pure junk. I liked my old digital cable boxes a lot better. The guide on these new boxes is pure crap. I feel like I've been downgraded from my old digital cable box. Whoever thought the new boxes guide was acceptable should never be allowed to make a decision at the cable company ever again!
totally agee

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Aug 27, 2012
tivo is okay wrote:
We have a Tivo and regular box. The Tivo is 100 times better. The new cable box guide itself is pure junk. I liked my old digital cable boxes a lot better. The guide on these new boxes is pure crap. I feel like I've been downgraded from my old digital cable box. Whoever thought the new boxes guide was acceptable should never be allowed to make a decision at the cable company ever again!
I totally agree with your last statement..maybe the public needs to put a little heat and pressure on the "decision makers" over there..It's the poor workers working their butts off and having to listen to all the negativity and complaining. Not the "decision makers"..I will continue to support them..and be patient..and hopefully it will all get worked out?
priscilla

Jefferson City, MO

#13 Aug 30, 2012
New cable sucks and they just charge more crappy TV...WTH! A lot of people I have talked to are seriously thinking of going to alternative TV. I would like to keep doing business within our county but they have to give us our money's worth. They have had plenty of time to work out the kinks! Just sayin'
Stephanie Jo

Addison, TX

#14 Sep 12, 2012
I'd be very curious to know how many customers they have lost over this new system roll out. They just can't get it together. Toney has been to my grandmothers FOUR times and it still isn't correct. Ridiculous.
Anonymous

United States

#15 Nov 11, 2012
Rock Port Cable,
Thank you for the letter we received in the mail regarding your awful service. Next time save your money on the postage and put it towards better service and employees that actually know what they are doing. And to clarify, the pervious statement is directed strictly towards management and the awesome choices they have made with all the service changes. I'm so happy you are giving the customers that dont currently have and pay for movie channels a free trial in return for all the problems they have encountered, but what about the customers that are ALREADY paying for these.. do we get anything? This company has turned into a joke. In all the years I have lived in this community and been a loyal customer, I've never been as unsatisified as I have been the past year. Thank YOU Rock Port cablevision.
Steve L

Houston, TX

#16 Mar 15, 2013
I'm sure their numbers have dropped significantly. No business can expect to survive when their service is this awful. I can't think of anything more irritating then getting strung along day after day while they're still happily collecting my money. It's completely ignorant on managements part to keep around incompetent employees who dont know the first thing about cable television. I've had the same experience with Mr. Weber. Several visits and I still have to take the card out of my box periodically to get all my channels. Where did this guy come from? He knows absolutely nothing.
better finally

Rock Port, MO

#17 May 30, 2013
Looks like the kinks are finally getting worked out. I haven't had any issues like I had the first 6 months of service. I had to replace one box that had some stuff on the card. It's been smooth sailing as of late!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarkio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mow your grass people! 1 hr Annoyed 3
Country club May 31 CCBoardMember 39
our mayor May 28 Leg work 11
Black Iron Grill May 25 just wanna know 4
Bruce Jenner May 22 I know Him 3
Party House In Watson May 18 Ed Ucated 10
dago economic development director Apr '15 not that stupid 1
More from around the web

Tarkio People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE