Chuck C

Lake Worth, FL

#21 Jan 6, 2013
There is a story on YAHOO NEWS.
Two homeless Vets stop a man from being robbed.The robber went to jail.
Richard

United States

#22 Jan 6, 2013
Chuck C wrote:
There is a story on YAHOO NEWS.
Two homeless Vets stop a man from being robbed.The robber went to jail.
Natural instinct takes over,Protect and serve comes natural.The civilian doesn't want to get involved,it's not my problem.
Chuck C

Hialeah, FL

#23 Jan 7, 2013
Parsecsam wrote:
After reading my above post, I wanted to add that I know all doctors are not like that. There are some, who really care. I feel there are just not enough of them.
I spent 8 hours at the VA today,the service was better than good.I walked in a little worried.Walked out with a clean bill of health,no charge.But told stop smoking,LAST WARNING.
I seen very few police,but a lot of young Vets,beening cared for from this shit war.
The only charge I will ever see is a copay $7.00 per RX.With a 30 day RX.
I did get EXRAYS Blood test,and two rounds of EKGs.No Charge.The VA.here is doing a great job.All us vets meed keep and eye on any changes in the next 4 years.THEY OWE US,end of story.
Chuck C

Hialeah, FL

#24 Jan 7, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Natural instinct takes over,Protect and serve comes natural.The civilian doesn't want to get involved,it's not my problem.
It is the homeless part of the story,that piss`s me off."WHY" The way I see it if a Vet is homeless The F-ing world should stop.UNTIL ITS FIXED.And us vets can do it....
Chuck C

Hialeah, FL

#25 Jan 7, 2013
The young vets I seen at the VA. today are sharp,and not smoked out.They still have that look.Don`t F with me.Did my heart good,seeing young bad ass`s American Vets..

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#26 Jan 7, 2013
I hope you have better luck than I had.

I came home from Nam with spots on my lungs and couldn't even get a followup evaluation at the VA, even though I had been exposed to Agent Orange while there.

Luckily, it wasn't cancer.
Chuck C

Lake Worth, FL

#27 Jan 8, 2013
KenHi61 wrote:
I hope you have better luck than I had.
I came home from Nam with spots on my lungs and couldn't even get a followup evaluation at the VA, even though I had been exposed to Agent Orange while there.
Luckily, it wasn't cancer.
What year was that,and what VA.hospital.I do remember that being exposed to agent orange,was not seen as a problem until meany years after that war ended.I really do not know how the VA. look at US.Vets next too RA.Vets.Is there a difference.I am not saying the VA is great.But free works for me,and most Vets say some VA.hospitals,are better than others.The Vietnam war and this war has hurt vets in more ways,than we know.And so has AMERICA been hurt.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#28 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text> What year was that,and what VA.hospital.I do remember that being exposed to agent orange,was not seen as a problem until meany years after that war ended.I really do not know how the VA. look at US.Vets next too RA.Vets.Is there a difference.I am not saying the VA is great.But free works for me,and most Vets say some VA.hospitals,are better than others.The Vietnam war and this war has hurt vets in more ways,than we know.And so has AMERICA been hurt.
1969 in Philly. Yes, the gov tried to deny Agent Orange problems for years. The vets had to fight for everything. Much better now for Iraq and Afghanistan PSTD sufferers.

Never saw any difference in treatment between regular army and draftees. Only have experience with Tucson VA Hospital. I think that one is very good.
Richard

United States

#29 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text> I spent 8 hours at the VA today,the service was better than good.I walked in a little worried.Walked out with a clean bill of health,no charge.But told stop smoking,LAST WARNING.
I seen very few police,but a lot of young Vets,beening cared for from this shit war.
The only charge I will ever see is a copay $7.00 per RX.With a 30 day RX.
I did get EXRAYS Blood test,and two rounds of EKGs.No Charge.The VA.here is doing a great job.All us vets meed keep and eye on any changes in the next 4 years.THEY OWE US,end of story.
Thats great,keep going, keep tabs on other patent's.Just plain stay involved they would do it for us...
Easy

Plymouth, MA

#30 Jan 11, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Thats great,keep going, keep tabs on other patent's.Just plain stay involved they would do it for us...
Rich, Asmiral Elmo Zumwalt JR was the Commanding Officer of Naval Forces in Viet Nam that gave the order to spray.. Oddly enough it was his son, Elmo Zumwalt III who died from the Agent Orange spraying in the late 80's. He contacted it when he was commanding a RPB (Swift Boat) in the Delta area..... He, Zumwalt III also has a son who was affected by it.

It was after III died that people started to pay attention to the affected Vets claim.
Chuck C

West Palm Beach, FL

#31 Jan 15, 2013
READ THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!
Some sad stuff.
Military Suicides hit record high.
The numbers of troops commiting suicides last year exceeded the number of combat deaths.
Richard

United States

#32 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck C wrote:
READ THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!
Some sad stuff.
Military Suicides hit record high.
The numbers of troops commiting suicides last year exceeded the number of combat deaths.
Yes and why is that.What is the solution.....
Easy

Plymouth, MA

#33 Jan 16, 2013
Rich, "Gung Ho". A term you never hear anymore...... First used By Col Carlson WWII of Carlson Raiders fame and later adopted by the whole Marine Corps. Chineese meaning "a unit thinking and operating as one".
Richard

United States

#34 Jan 17, 2013
Easy wrote:
Rich, "Gung Ho". A term you never hear anymore...... First used By Col Carlson WWII of Carlson Raiders fame and later adopted by the whole Marine Corps. Chineese meaning "a unit thinking and operating as one".
I take it you've have heard of the great of the greatest Generals of U.S.M.C. Here's a hint.... Chester.....
Easy

Plymouth, MA

#35 Jan 17, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you've have heard of the great of the greatest Generals of U.S.M.C. Here's a hint.... Chester.....
Rich, Lt Gen Lewis "Chesty" Puller.. When attacking south from the "Frozen Chosen" he said "Now they have us surronded, that simplifies the problem".
His "ommanding Officer on Guata lcanal in WWII was Gen Vandergrift. Vandergrift was not to shabby.... The Marine Corp had a lot of good Officers and leaders. They all lead from the front and the troops followed. The spirit of "Gung HO".

Have just finished reading the story of Guadalcanal. The name of the book is "Challenge for the Pacific, Guadalcanal", the turning point of the war. 409 page story written by Robert Leckie who actually served there... Served with the 5th Marines.
Richard

United States

#36 Jan 17, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>Rich, Lt Gen Lewis "Chesty" Puller.. When attacking south from the "Frozen Chosen" he said "Now they have us surronded, that simplifies the problem".
His "ommanding Officer on Guata lcanal in WWII was Gen Vandergrift. Vandergrift was not to shabby.... The Marine Corp had a lot of good Officers and leaders. They all lead from the front and the troops followed. The spirit of "Gung HO".
Have just finished reading the story of Guadalcanal. The name of the book is "Challenge for the Pacific, Guadalcanal", the turning point of the war. 409 page story written by Robert Leckie who actually served there... Served with the 5th Marines.
Thanks "Easy",i knew you would know...Stay in touch now.
Easy

Plymouth, MA

#37 Jan 18, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks "Easy",i knew you would know...Stay in touch now.
Rich, If you would want the book send me your USPS Mail Address......
Richard

United States

#38 Jan 19, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>Rich, If you would want the book send me your USPS Mail Address......
I have one also ,my fathers it's called "Follow Me"complete history of World War 11, two complete volumes.He rank back them was called a buck sgt.Serveral pictures in their of dad...
Richard

United States

#39 Feb 3, 2013
Well to all female veterans....What are your feelings about all women will serve in war zones and combat.This is a strong move and a bold move.I respect highly, women in the service but not in combat,why (I know i'm going to get flack on this but,womem are child bearing men aren't}..
Chuck C

United States

#40 Feb 18, 2013
Margie the old goat HAGAAaaa has posted false lieing fabrication about a VET on RNKNL.How long have I been telling you-all what she is.What a half`witted repulsive malicious old sorceress,with a black soul,and a can full of worms for a brains.

The winner of the GOLDEN SHOWER AWARD for 2013;;;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarentum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Kensington Mafia (Sep '08) Nov 30 bjw2124 219
"A Good Solid Place To Live In This World" (Oct '13) Nov 22 parsecsam 29
New Kensington, A.A.S.E. Little League Team 1961 (Nov '09) Nov 7 russellte 20
“memories only” of new kensington and local areas (Jan '10) Nov 6 Parsecsam 1,758
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) Nov 6 Parsecsam 9,874
"Mail Call" (Oct '13) Nov '16 Richard 113
News Lorenzo Freeman dead; former Giants, Steelers D... Oct '16 Mike Dixon 1

Tarentum Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tarentum Mortgages