First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Darby Diana Beattie

New Orleans, LA

#1 Nov 9, 2011
I want to thank all my family who have served,cousins,and all the vets and everyone else.
RICHARD

Star, ID

#2 Nov 9, 2011
Darby Diana Beattie wrote:
I want to thank all my family who have served,cousins,and all the vets and everyone else.
Well thank you.That was very nice of you to post your comment,we all haven't heard that in awhile.You are a very thoughtfull person,thanks again.
Chuck C

Miami, FL

#3 Nov 9, 2011
Darby Diana Beattie wrote:
And I want to thank..All the Vets,who never got to see your message..
RICHARD

Star, ID

#4 Nov 9, 2011
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text>And I want to thank..All the Vets,who never got to see your message..
Echo that.
Chuck C

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Nov 10, 2011
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Echo that.
We lost my brother Lee.Wail he was in the Navy.He loved the navy and wore his Navy Blues well.He was only 21...
RICHARD

Star, ID

#6 Nov 10, 2011
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text> We lost my brother Lee.Wail he was in the Navy.He loved the navy and wore his Navy Blues well.He was only 21...
Consider a "Salute to him and you" From all of us!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7 Nov 11, 2011
Every Veterans Day I try to spend a little time remembering Steve N.

I knew him when we were training to be medics at Ft. Sam Houston in late 1967. He was bummed to be in corpsman training because he was itching to command troops.

When we got to our vacation destination in SE Asia, Steve went to an infantry unit while I lucked out with a rear area assignment as an ambulance medic. About 6 months in country, I ran into a friend from our Ft. Sam training unit. He told me that Steve's unit had been caught in an ambush where the platoon commander had been killed. Apparently Steve grabbed the Lieutenant's pack and yelled "Follow me!"

After he had taken about 5 steps down the road, he stepped on a mine. As they used to say in Nam, "there it is." I don't know for sure if that's exactly how it happened, but his name is on the wall in D.C.

This afternoon, weather permitting, I'll go out to my back patio and crack open a Negra Modelo in Steve's memory. That's about all of the pomp and ceremony I can muster.

IMHO, The best way for us to honor veterans and their sacrifice is to stop getting into stupid wars that can't be won and didn't need to be fought.
Chuck C

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Nov 11, 2011
The wall--Any one with 1/2 a brain,that stands,and looks at it from one end to other.All those names.Seems to go on,for ever.I lived and worked in D.C.,for years.And been there meany times.
Here we are again.In a war we can not win.And why?
We need to make it our business! WHY....
A life time of war after war...
And if they don`t get there way.They will turn on us next.
Us American are in big trouble.We know what is right.But what can we do to make things RIGHT...
Chuck C

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Nov 11, 2011
I tryed Googleing the question.("How meany American have been killed in wars from 1941 until today.") No luck.Any one know the answer?
RICHARD

Star, ID

#10 Nov 11, 2011
Chuck C wrote:
I tryed Googleing the question.("How meany American have been killed in wars from 1941 until today.") No luck.Any one know the answer?
Yes i do my friend,way to many,under the name of freedom,but not ours it's always someones else.Now the big question here is,(Would the world or any country come to save our freedom)?????????
Chuck C

Miami, FL

#11 Nov 11, 2011
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Yes i do my friend,way to many,under the name of freedom,but not ours it's always someones else.Now the big question here is,(Would the world or any country come to save our freedom)?????????
NO
RICHARD

Star, ID

#12 Nov 11, 2011
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text> NO
Amem
Richard

United States

#13 Dec 26, 2012
I talked to a Veteran on Christmas eve and he shared his hardsships and pain with me,it wasn't fun but we both came to the same conclusion, something must be done.The V.A. is not hiring good doctors,why because are gov't is not willing to pay enough to attract qualified doctors and the result is Vets are not getting top qualified treatment by top qualified doctors.I'm telling everyone out their this must change now. Enough is a enough.Get busy do what must be done to help in your area of our country get envolved now,please....
Easy

Plymouth, MA

#14 Dec 27, 2012
Chuck C wrote:
CC, Googlr the following.....

United StatesMilitary Casualties of War.

Americans Kiiied In Action Number, American War Library.

American Military Casualties. 1775 to Present.

Charts and all.....
Easy

Plymouth, MA

#15 Dec 27, 2012
Opppppppppss Mis spell should be Google........ not Googlr.
Richard

United States

#16 Dec 27, 2012
Easy wrote:
Opppppppppss Mis spell should be Google........ not Googlr.
Thats fine ,however we need to do in each area of the country and county and city.I know i will...
Richard

United States

#17 Jan 3, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Thats fine ,however we need to do in each area of the country and county and city.I know i will...
Veterans recently had a meeting that i attented and finally drafted a letter to are nationalheadquarters to look into the lack of quality care in are local veterans hospital,maybe now we might get some action....
Parsecsam

Medford, OR

#18 Jan 6, 2013
I've been in many VA hospitals because i moved a lot. Started in Miami, then New York, San Francisco, San Diego, Long beach and the last one was Los Angeles. Now I am going to my new one in Southern Oregon. It seems more Veteran Friendly than most.

About 12 or 13 years ago they discovered a weak valve in my heart and started me on medication before an operation. After about a month I nearly lost it. I couldn't concentrate, my memory was slipping and I lost my sex drive. A week before the operation I quit the pills. I refused to take them, and after my operation they wanted me to go one the pill for the rest of my life. I refused. Today I feel fine. I also, refused the Cholesterol pills they tried to give me. I told them, that, if I wanted to damage my liver, I would do it with martinis, not pills. I am still alive and very active.
But like you were saying about the quality of the doctors, I also noticed a change. In Los Angeles they usually have an accent. They want to prescribe pills, not fix the problem. Every time I talked to them about a pain or a swelling, they gave me a pain pill. I threw them out. I could be addicted to them if I had gone along with those doctors, and, If I had continued the heart pills, I would probably have Alzheimer disease. Doctors have a lot to learn - pills aren't the answer.
Doctors expect to be wealthy, and have wealthy patients. Look at their fees. Just because we gambled our lives for them is no reason to take care of us, just because we survived.
Parsecsam

Medford, OR

#19 Jan 6, 2013
After reading my above post, I wanted to add that I know all doctors are not like that. There are some, who really care. I feel there are just not enough of them.
Chuck C

Lake Worth, FL

#20 Jan 6, 2013
I am going up to the VA tomorrow,first time in a few years.If there is a difference,I will see it.I will be looking through fatalism eyes.So not to get myself up set.I have felt for meany years that the Fed.Gov ernment see`s old vets as throw aways.Not worth the money...C.C.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarentum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"A Good Solid Place To Live In This World" (Oct '13) 6 hr parsecsam 31
New Kensington Mafia (Sep '08) Wed LaDLes 220
New Kensington, A.A.S.E. Little League Team 1961 (Nov '09) Nov '16 russellte 20
“memories only” of new kensington and local areas (Jan '10) Nov '16 Parsecsam 1,758
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) Nov '16 Parsecsam 9,874
"Mail Call" (Oct '13) Nov '16 Richard 113
News Lorenzo Freeman dead; former Giants, Steelers D... Oct '16 Mike Dixon 1

Tarentum Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tarentum Mortgages