Buccaneer

Rochester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

Greg was a nice guy; why did this have to happen?
Buccaneer

Rochester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

I only heard about this a few hours ago and there hasn't been one news article on Google or one bit of coverage on any of the local TV stations. Pathetic!
Buccaneer

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtri...

No foul play involved, but when the incompetent LBPD arrived on the scene they immediately said murder. What an awful thing to do to work the family up this way and then come back and say "no foul play."

Greg didn't deserve this.
Elyse

Fayette City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

Wait... Did they speculate murder? Today in the paper it said that a single set of footprints were leading to his body (his). Why was his car found the whole way at Bolts?
Buccaneer

New Kensington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

They said murder initially and it wasn't until that first news article that they said there was "no foul play." They shouldn't have said anything if they didn't know! Their family has been through enough, having just lost their mother a few weeks earlier and now Greg, what? The articles being posted today are speculating that he slipped and fell. It's a damn shame.
wondering y

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

I will miss him
lbb

New Kensington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

I do not know anyone who had a bad thing to say about Greg. He was a genuine guy that wouldnt give you a hard time about anything. Rest in peace.
Elyse

Fayette City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

Yes, They definitely should've kept that to themselves until they were "sure" on anything. I feel so bad for his family left behind after losing Vicki. I can't imagine losing a mother and brother so close together. They will sincerely be in my prayers. If anyone knows of funeral details, please post them as soon as you find out. Thanks.
Lee

Natrona Heights, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

so sad
Keng

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Buccaneer wrote:
Greg was a nice guy; why did this have to happen?
Bucaneer - how did you know Greg, I am his uncle?
LAS

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

Greg unfortunately chose to instigate arguments and fights with people in bars in burrell when he had too much to drink. Which lately was too often. He has been thrown out of them so many times for over imbibing. Yet he was a nice guy when not intoxicated. He certainly didn't deserve this. He unfortunately had too much too drink, left his car at his girlfriends house and walked all the way to new ken. He then slipped and fell off that damn cliff there.
annonomouse

Cheswick, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Judged:

gregg would never leave his belongings alone and open to everyone and why would he be down by the rives mor with the snow and everythin....s doesnt this doesnt make sens....i still think that hasnt been fis more evidence that hasnt been he had to be murdered...
LAS h0w do u kno that bc from what i kno he didnt have a gf and he lived in lb the town where his car was found
Aunt

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

Keng wrote:
<quoted text>
Bucaneer - how did you know Greg, I am his uncle?
I am his aunt,Oh my dearest nephew Greg. I still can't believed it what happen. Ache heartbroken.
I cried everyday. He was a genuine guy. Make no sense to me why he leave car with no gas at Bolt's and walk himself all the way, Suspicious maybe he walked thru brief to get some gas? But why... There is something that we do not know, but God knews. Have anyone who last person saw him before what happen. I do not care about his drinking but would you Please help us if anyone knew.I do not want foolish around on this comments. I am serious,if you knew something. Please Please contact my cousin who work CSI.
anonymous

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

LAS wrote:
Greg unfortunately chose to instigate arguments and fights with people in bars in burrell when he had too much to drink. Which lately was too often. He has been thrown out of them so many times for over imbibing. Yet he was a nice guy when not intoxicated. He certainly didn't deserve this. He unfortunately had too much too drink, left his car at his girlfriends house and walked all the way to new ken. He then slipped and fell off that damn cliff there.
Your facts are inaccurate and it's not very nice to speak ill of the dead! And you are right about ONE thing...he didn't deserve this!!
Vickie Robison

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

My maiden name is Veltri, born in Indiana and grew up in Illinois. Saw this site and thought it would be a good start trying to gather more info for family tree, found on my heritage.com I have been trying to locate my cousin Rudy Veltri, last I knew he was in California and my cousin Julie Veltri-Baker. Please respond to my email,would love to chat. Thanks Vickie Veltri-Robison/vlveltri@yahoo. com
Vickie Robison

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Glad I found this site. My Father was John Veltri,he passed away 4yrs ago on Christmas and I really miss him. His Father was John Veltri also and his Mother was Alice Nardi-Veltri. I was always told our family was from "down in the arch of the boot" a provence called Cosenza, don't know if I spelled that right or not. Maybe someone knows and will let me know. I have my Aunt Edith Veltri-Manik left from the older family and she lives in South Bend, Indiana. Hope to hear from anyone soon.
Evelyn Veltri

Thornhill, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Up here in Canada (Ontario) there are lots of veltris. I'm sure that you are all probably related since my husband Rudy veltri, born and grew up in North Bay ontario. But his family was born, his father, aunts uncles in Italy, also on the boot. It was called Cosenza. Every 3 years they have a reunion, so if you get in touch maybe we can figure out where you fit in.
BAN

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

Greg was one of my best friends and this story, no matter what anyone says, DOES NOT MATCH UP! i have had countless days and nights trying to put piece and piece together and as the priest said at the funeral, do not try b/c its only hurting us in the end. i truely believe that someone did this to him and yes, he NEVER deserved this. especially a few days before his 30th birthday. its hard w/o him over the holidays and its going to be even harder w/o him when 3/9/11 approaches us. PLEASE keep greg in your hearts mind and soul for he was one of the best people i know and would do anything for anyone. The holidays have been so hard w/o him with myself and friends celebrating. I refuse to try to figure anything out b/c i know its impossible. only God knows the truth and if anyone knows any information about his death please feel free to relay. again HIS DEATH DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!
R.I.P.
GREG
David Johnson

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

Well, Greg was into drinking A LOT... I drank with him many many times and most of the time he took it too far and to the extreme, on top of that add drugs into the mix and you have a deadly combination...

I really loved Greg, but you can't say you didn't see him get into trouble with the lifestyle that he had.

Sad but all this could have been avoided if he wasn't intoxicated all the time...

-David
mee

New Kensington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

R.I.P. Greg.. U R MISSED

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tarentum Discussions

Search the Tarentum Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Polarizing Political View Points (Dec '10) 4 hr easy 1,737
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Mon T Wolf 51,196
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Eddie Swindell 3,824
CHUCKIE CROGHAN Speaks (Feb '10) Sun easy 1,596
Town hall summit to focus on drug overdoses sch... Jul 26 ALCOA 1
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) Jul 25 VCG 9,646
“memories only” of new kensington and local areas (Jan '10) Jul 24 Richard 1,725
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tarentum Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tarentum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••