Man charged with murder in Hog Pen ba...

Man charged with murder in Hog Pen bar double shooting

There are 195 comments on the Wral.com story from Aug 31, 2008, titled Man charged with murder in Hog Pen bar double shooting. In it, Wral.com reports that:

Deputies charged a man with murder in a double shooting outside a bar in an Edgecombe County town Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wral.com.

Grannyan

United States

#21 Sep 2, 2008
I just heard that the second shooting victim has died at Pitt memorial. I hope it isn't true, this is a sad story indeed. Having lost a step son in a similar manner I can tell you that the Jackson family is deeply hurting as well as Cliff's friends. The Bordeaux family has a lot to deal with too but they won't be burrying their own and they will have visits and some sort of a future. What could be so bad that someone could kill in this manner? To friends and family of Cliff Jackson, My deepest sympathy.
Grannyan

United States

#22 Sep 2, 2008
Just for clarification I am local, edgecombe county, not from Stamford Ct as posted for some reason.
PEBS

Cary, NC

#23 Sep 2, 2008
greg, you don't seem to have anymore heart than bobby did f---off
Greg Jackson

Durham, NC

#24 Sep 2, 2008
Your right I have no heart for Bobby, and as I said Cliff suffered so that Bobby's family will not have to live w/ such a monster and coward who might have suffered the same fate as Cliff did!
So you F___ OFF!
Greg Jackson

Durham, NC

#25 Sep 2, 2008
Thank you to everyone for being Cliffs friend and supporter. HIs parents would be happy to know that he has so many dear friends that cared for him so deeply

Since: Sep 08

Wendell, NC

#26 Sep 2, 2008
For the record. I'm from Greenville not Ainger.
Jim Moseby

Greensboro, NC

#27 Sep 2, 2008
Cliff and I were great friends in the 80's. I worked at Sweet Caroline's (his dad's restaurant) for 10 years, and reflect on that time as the greatest time of my youth. I remember Troy, Leilia, and Cliff as some of the best people I have ever had the honor of knowing. I mourn Cliff's loss as I would mourn the loss of a brother.

The only solace I find is that they quickly apprehended this pathetic redneck, Bobby Bordeuax, cowering in the darkness too stupid to even run away, and will bring him to swift justice.

May he forever burn in hell.

JM
PEBS

Cary, NC

#28 Sep 2, 2008
for the record i am from clayton
Greg Jackson

Durham, NC

#29 Sep 2, 2008
Sweet Carolines had the best food in Greenville for over 19 years and if anyone ever went to the bar before dinner that would always be greeted w a smile and good service from Cliff or Troy.

Hey PEBS thanks for the clarifaction on Clayton we where all concerned. Be sure to tell me how Bobby likes all his new BOYFRIENDS when he gets to prison I am sure he will be welcomed with OPEN ARMS and legs!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Moseby

Greensboro, NC

#30 Sep 2, 2008
Greg Jackson wrote:
Sweet Carolines had the best food in Greenville for over 19 years and if anyone ever went to the bar before dinner that would always be greeted w a smile and good service from Cliff or Troy.
I was the drummer in Cliff's first band, who formed from employees at Sweet Caroline's shortly after his return from Fork Union. We played many gigs and he was always a showman. He had a really great voice and a flawless ear for key. Brent Holmes, Kevin "Woody" Carrow, and Ken Butler were the other members. We were little more than a garage band, but folks seemed to like us.

Those were some of the best times of my life, and even though we lost touch over the years, I still am devastated at his senseless loss.

I will try to dig up some old recordings we did, and post them to a web page in his honor.

I will unfortunately not be able to attend the visitation or the funeral. Greg, if you would, please extend my heartfelt condolences to Troy and Leilia. They will know who I am.

JM
MyNameIsntImport ant

Tarboro, NC

#31 Sep 2, 2008
Well, I will say this.. From what you wrote.. I see what you're saying about the whole thing of Prayers being sent out to the family.. I agree..
It is a Terrible thing to happen, to lose a Loved one... but, Don't go back and say you want to Kill my Cousin.. that isn't goin to bring your cousin back, and yeah, I know what i'm writing IS DEEP.. but yo.. I roll that way.. I'm a Man of God. and I know what my cousin did IS WROUNG.. but like I said man, you gotta learn to just put yourself in the shoes of both sides of the Family.. my family is Just as confused and devasated.. and for what it is worth.. I'm sorry for what my Cousin has done.. but look, if Jesus Christ can Forgive, and Die for our Sins... Why can't we.. as People learn that? I mean honestly
I know the State.. and Cops, and all that story.. everyone wants to Kill my cousin.. and I see it on that level, because I've been here before.. I know alot of things in this World. but that's not important, what's important is the Fact... It doesn't matter who Dies in this process... It will not bring your family memeber back.. also..
If the State kills my cousin.. How do you think that would make me Feel man? Murder isn't right dude.. but anyways Read the Bible..
and also... if you really want to go Deep...
Only God can Judge my Cousin.. Not Man or a Judge here on Earth.. and basically, I just say... My prayers are for Both sides of the Family.. and not just this Case... any case in the world.. We need to wake up man, and see the Future..
that is all I have to say on this matter.
God Bless You, and Have a Wonderful Life.
Amen.
Greg Jackson wrote:
First and foremost, My prayers go out to the murder victim's family.
The murder victim was my cousin and loved being around people and having a good time. His family is devasted, I could never imagine losing a child.
I hope Bobby Bordeaux enjoys being someones girlfriend in prison for the rest of his life or until he is killed by the state of NC!
MyNameIsntImport ant

Tarboro, NC

#32 Sep 2, 2008
Once again, Put yourself in both sets of shoes dude. For you to say Bobby lost nothing, that's just nonsense.. There is always a Cost or a Lost.
Nomatter what the Outcome, Once again, I'm sorry for what it is worth.. I've been in here reading this stuff, and well.. truthfully it breaks my heart into. but I can't do anything about it man, Only God Can.. if people would rely more on God, than all these other things in the world.. or all these negitive comments or what not, This World wouldn't be Half.. and yes I said Half..
as Bad.. I guess someone in here forgot what my cousin used to be.. I knew him as a Preacher as well.. long ago.. I mean, he had head troubles dude.. The Bible is a Spiritual Thing.. that can Mess you up.. IF your not Focused.
My cousin Drinking, probally didn't help the matter.. but. from my Opinion, All of you guys up here talking all this nonsense, Negitive stuff..
Should basically Clean up your own Backyard..
No one on here, includeing me.. IS WITHOUT SIN.
you all know that.. so once again, Why do you Judge? Why you say.. Because your Human.
Do you really think, if Cliff Jackson was smiling down from Heaven, he would say all those Negitive things about Bobby?
There is No Negitivity in Heaven. only on this World we live in.
So think about that. and learn to Forgive.
btw, I suppose you people never was in a predicment were you had to kill or want to kill.
so I'll just leave that there. Don't Judge on People, until you are in there Shoes..
Because Frankly man, I'm getting really tired of hearing all this Gossip stuff
Point-Blank, It's not going to Bring Cliff back.
so just.. Keep both sides of the Family in Prayer.
Forgive.. Learn... and Forget.

yeah, I know thats hard.
Trust me.
I've been there.
Marty Burns wrote:
<quoted text>
Pebs I don't know you. But i do know the victim and his family. And i strongly disagree. Your family lost nothing. Bobby Bordeaux is a low life spineless coward that shot a great man in the back of the head. His wife and children have lost nothing. I hope this redneck son of a bitch gets put to death as brutally as he ended my friends life. But we are way too humane a society for that. But at least this animal is off the street. I have to believe there is a special place in hell for this lil girl you call Bobby Bordeaux!

Since: Sep 08

Wendell, NC

#33 Sep 2, 2008
MyNameIsntImportant wrote:
Once again, Put yourself in both sets of shoes dude. For you to say Bobby lost nothing, that's just nonsense.. There is always a Cost or a Lost.
Nomatter what the Outcome, Once again, I'm sorry for what it is worth.. I've been in here reading this stuff, and well.. truthfully it breaks my heart into. but I can't do anything about it man, Only God Can.. if people would rely more on God, than all these other things in the world.. or all these negitive comments or what not, This World wouldn't be Half.. and yes I said Half..
as Bad.. I guess someone in here forgot what my cousin used to be.. I knew him as a Preacher as well.. long ago.. I mean, he had head troubles dude.. The Bible is a Spiritual Thing.. that can Mess you up.. IF your not Focused.
My cousin Drinking, probally didn't help the matter.. but. from my Opinion, All of you guys up here talking all this nonsense, Negitive stuff..
Should basically Clean up your own Backyard..
No one on here, includeing me.. IS WITHOUT SIN.
you all know that.. so once again, Why do you Judge? Why you say.. Because your Human.
Do you really think, if Cliff Jackson was smiling down from Heaven, he would say all those Negitive things about Bobby?
There is No Negitivity in Heaven. only on this World we live in.
So think about that. and learn to Forgive.
btw, I suppose you people never was in a predicment were you had to kill or want to kill.
so I'll just leave that there. Don't Judge on People, until you are in there Shoes..
Because Frankly man, I'm getting really tired of hearing all this Gossip stuff
Point-Blank, It's not going to Bring Cliff back.
so just.. Keep both sides of the Family in Prayer.
Forgive.. Learn... and Forget.
yeah, I know thats hard.
Trust me.
I've been there.
<quoted text>
To respond to all this redneck mentality once and for all. I can't put myself in the shoes of a coward that can shoot an unarmed man in the back of the head. Because i would never be in his shoes. This man has no regard for human life including his own. I'm not his judge nor his jury. And he can thank God for that. I am a christian. And i hope one day i can find forgiveness in my heart. But i'm not there yet. I'm pissed off. You're right though. Nothing will bring Cliff back. He has moved on to a better place. But i'm really sick of reading this bullshit of how wonderful this murderer is. And how much his children have lost. The people on this blog other than you and Ms. Pebs are Cliff's friends that are paying tribute to his life and trying to get some kind of closure from his death. But all this compassion that your family wants for poor lil crazy Bobby. You will not find it here. Cliff Jackson was not like Bobby. He was loved by everyone who knew him. And his friends and family are in mourning. Bobby had alot of compassion when he shot my friend in the back of the head. He is a murderer. This was a senseless brutal murder. And it has left a whole in my heart and all Cliff's friends. So save your justification of Bobby's actions. I wish for him the same fate as Cliff. I just don't want them to do it when he's not looking. I hope Cliff's entire family and closest friends are watching and get to look this scumbag in the eye when he takes his last breath!
Greg Jackson

Durham, NC

#34 Sep 2, 2008
Dito to Marty's quote!
I am also a Christian and I believe the bible says an eye for an eye, you know the rest!
Don't get me wrong I do have sympathy for the 2 little girls, but my gut instinct tells me that they are better off and safer w/o a monster like Bobby in their lives. Someone as wreckless and cowardly as Bobby there is no telling what he is capable of and now it is up to our courts to be sure he never harms anyone again. I just hope Bobby suffers through a hard life in Prison, I hope God will forgive me for saying that.
Tammy

AOL

#35 Sep 2, 2008
To all the family of Cliff, we send our deepest sympathy and prayers to you. Cliff was a great man and will be missed terribly. He was there for my husband in his tragic motorcycle accident and it has torn his heart out knowing that he has lost the best person in the world to him. Thanks to that SOB Bobby we will all never be able to enjoy his laughter/companionship and his beautiful voice again. There was no excuse for what happened that night. WE LOVE YOU CLIFF!!!
robert

Clayton, NC

#36 Sep 2, 2008
my name is robert and cliff worked were i work now. and he seemed to be a really friendly person and when he walked up to you he would always say how are you doing cliff jackson nice to met you. he was truly a good guy. and yes bobby is truly a coward in his own little big man with a gun way. my prayers go out to cliff's family. cliff keep on rockin man you are a simple man for sure.
PreacherMans wife

AOL

#37 Sep 2, 2008
I would like to send my condolences to the family of Cliff My husband and only met Cliff around a year ago but we never saw him when he wasn't smiling and he always told my husband to keep up the work for the Lord in the bars and the streets and he always ask us to remember him in prayer and we did i will always remember that smile he would have when he would say from stage this ones for you PreacherMan Thank you Cliff for being our friend you will be greatly missed and loved by all
James

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#38 Sep 2, 2008
See thats what I am talking about... Right here..Retards. So what you are saying its okay to beat someone down and go drink a beer in his brothers face, oh by the way wheres Bobby going? Oh dont worry hes just going to go get you an extra fist. Whatever, In the heat of rage, in the bar, f%$#ing with someones family is not cool, nor unnoticed. Its not heartless only reality.
James

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#39 Sep 2, 2008
Oh out to the eye for an eye... Its easy to talk when you will not back it up... your mouth to a fist.
Greg Jackson

Durham, NC

#40 Sep 3, 2008
James who are you??? You don't even make sense! Back it up, what are you talking about, you must have a gun too, just like that punk Bobby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Decoy dad needed Sat Sammibear8899 1
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolin... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Dr Justice 2
greenville nc darryls restaurant (Oct '09) Aug 3 Been there 19
Kratom in Pitt County Jul '16 EC-Botanicals 1
general foam Jul '16 josh 1
News Pokemon hunters can get in the way Jul '16 captain obvious 1
Read This BEFORE Buying a car with Doug Henry Ford Jul '16 Robert Hester 1

Tarboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tarboro Mortgages