Carroll man charged in teen's rape

Jul 21, 2007 | Posted by: Baltimore Sun | Full story: Baltimore Sun

A Carroll County man has been charged in the rape of a 15-year-old Taneytown girl -- the second such incident of a Taneytown minor reported this week, authorities from the Carroll County Advocacy and Investigation Center said today.

William M. Smith, 24, of the 100 block of Carnival Drive in Taneytown, was arrested yesterday and charged with second-degree rape, conspiracy to commit second-degree rape, third-degree sex offense and second-degree assault, according to court records. The incident occurred in the early evening of July 11 at Smith's home, authorities said. Read more

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Nov 28, 2011
Stephanie Martinez

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

I feel that it is not fair that these boys are going threw this especially my brother fidel melo because he has no family down there with him. I dont want anything to happen to him because he is not a bad person and he is not no rapist. please support my brother because he has never been accused of this kind of thing ever in his life. he went to get a better life away from the bronx and he goes over there so that a girl can accuse him of rape. i find that so injustice. if the girl already had a boyfriend why was she caught smoking weed with my brother and queens. it makes no sense. shes just making this cover story up so everybody could ignore the fact that she was smoking with them and she dont want her parents to find out.
Rot

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2007

hey i was friends wit queens he was like my brother we were always together i dont believe that he did it!!!!! the girl is just trying to say some things to get her out of trouble. thats wrong. Nick im still here for ya man.
ROT
Jazmin Hernandez

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

Well Ive known fidel since middle School. He has been friends with my brother since 4th grade.I dont think fidel raped this young girl. Why was she at the party in the first place? Fidel is very lovable and sweet. This girl is out of her mind to say that fidel had something to do with it. He went out there to better his future.Did anybody hear his side of the story? I think that she knew that she was going to get into trouble with her parents and thats why she said what she said. Where was her boyfriend at? Where were her parents at? Fidel i love you and you will be home soon. keep ya head up!
sonia

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

I know Fidel for many years. He's been friends with my son Angel since the 4th grade and they love each other as if they are brothers.In my heart fidel is like a son to me and i know with all my heart that he did not rape this girl. Fidel is a beautiful and respectful young man that left the bronx so that he can stay out of trouble, so why would he go out there and do something like that to this girl?
Yvette

Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

I am shocked at such an injustice in today's judicial system, Fidel Melo didnt have any representation or his time to state on record what had occured. Also wake up you prejudice f*#%$, common story , plot, WHITE!!! that's all I have to say SMH....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Taneytown Discussions

Search the Taneytown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Bowling Brook counselors arrested (May '07) Jun 29 west baltimore 28
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Jon SpellMAN 16
Commute from Emmitsburg to Frederick/Rockville, MD Jun '14 Prim 1
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 fyi 185
Paulas (Nov '13) Nov '13 Clinque 1
Hagerstown Police Academy Graduates 1st Class (Oct '13) Oct '13 housekeepinghagerstown 1
Only grocery store in Union Bridge closes (Dec '08) Sep '13 UB Girl 28
•••
•••
•••
•••

Taneytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Taneytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE