Township discusses how long until BMX...

Township discusses how long until BMX track ready in park

There are 7 comments on the Evening Sun story from Aug 23, 2008, titled Township discusses how long until BMX track ready in park. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

West Manheim Township's recreation committee is discussing how soon a BMX and off-road bike course could be installed at the township's new recreation park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

West Chester, PA

#1 Aug 23, 2008
All hats are thrown up in the air for you. Finally someone is thinking of the kids who's life of fun is bmx biking. There are quite a few volunteers to help in the making or building of the bike park as well as other fun things to do so that the borough especially a so called officer can arrest the real criminals, drug dealers, sex offenders, speeders, killers, etc., etc., etc., and get paid for more than picking on our kids. There's also volunteers to be in charge of the conduct in the park. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR THOUGHTFULNESS

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Oct 11, 2008
Here is an update to the West Manheim Township Park:
There is an official website for the park now. The biking/walking trails will go in as soon as we have the volunteers. Trail work can be done by hand with simple tools, but local landscapers and contractors who want donate their skills and time to help build the trails are strongly encouraged to get involved. The next meeting is October 20th at 7pm, located in the new West Manheim Township building. Please come down and join in if you can help in any way.
Just a Girl

West Chester, PA

#3 Oct 12, 2008
BMX bike racing? Count me in! I'm all for it. I can hear it like it was yesterday...riders, are you ready? Yea, that race to the first turn was a rush!
H-D Rider

West Chester, PA

#4 Oct 13, 2008
H-D Rider

West Chester, PA

#5 Oct 23, 2008
Naybe someone should look at some of the Carroll County Times for some bmxing/skateboarding ideas. Taneytown had a competition which a lot of the kids were from Hanover, which a couple of them won for their age group. They even had a lot of older guys compete. A school teacher was their with a wonderful comment on the competition and even the mayor came and spoke. Also, in Westminster, Md. they're temporary closing that one down for improvements and more equipment for the sport, which alot the town council is even paying for. If these small towns have a heart for the kids to have a place to go to have fun and stay out of trouble, why can't the town of Hanover! Thank God theirs someone who care about todays kids and believe in them.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 23, 2008
It will give the "good" kids something to do, but the "bad" kids will still be out roaming the streets causing trouble. How do you plan to fix that?
H-D Rider

West Chester, PA

#7 Oct 28, 2008
I'm sure depending on your age there were bad kids around, throwing eggs, pumpkins, smoking corn husk, hanging up cats by their tails on clothes lines, think about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taneytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bowling Brook Prep (Jan '06) Sep '15 Betsy Baker 696
Problems Mount For SILVER OAK ACADEMY Owner O... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Boot Camp Monitor 9
Silver Oak Academy Prison School (Feb '10) Mar '15 Boot Camp Monitor 24
restaurant (Mar '15) Mar '15 speedbuggy48 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Julia W. Gouge as County Comm... (Mar '15) Mar '15 richard 1
Review: Rob's Tower Motor Sales And Service (Jan '15) Jan '15 Sean carpenter 1
News Official says he was wrong to ask that his name... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Hooogle It 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Taneytown Mortgages