Jim Bowman

Picayune, MS

#1 Nov 21, 2012
What is the current news up your way (I am in Mississippi) about Mr. Siebold's "disappearance" having last being seen during September?

The last I read down here your law enforcement was searching for him but was finding that difficult since they were not entirely sure where he might be headed or what he might be doing.
Alaskan since birth

Fairbanks, AK

#2 Nov 23, 2012
Jim Bowman

Picayune, MS

#3 Nov 23, 2012
About three hours ago I found a comment suggesting Siebold could have helped things along by carrying one of those GPS type emergency locators.

Same source suggested he probably went out looking for berries and found a bear doing the same thing.

And finally it was suggested, considering how he like to pose for the camera, give him time and he will show up posing for yet another picture.

Would have helped had he left a note in the cabin saying where he was going and what he intended to do for what must have planned to be a very short journey.

Jim Bowman
Jim Bowman

Picayune, MS

#4 Nov 23, 2012
Alaska Since Birth: Are you familiar with cabin, shack, or whatever it is/was Siebold was supposed to have camping out?

From what little I an find (at a Mississippi distance) it is a pretty isolated area with lots of opportunities to fall into very cold water.

In other words, a retired city slicker like me, best not go there?
Alaskan since birth

Fairbanks, AK

#5 Nov 26, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tanana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yukon Men: Is Tanana presented realistically en... (Aug '12) Dec '16 Elizabeth 63
Employment in Tanama (Sep '12) Nov '16 manco 13
News 'Yukon Men': Life in Tanana, Alaska, tests the ... (Oct '14) Aug '16 pokeytwins 3
News Charge: Alaska man, 19, shot troopers from behind (May '14) Jun '16 What I know 5
News Two tribal organizations are on the frontlines ... (May '16) May '16 USA these days 1
News Fairbanks sobering center takes first step (Apr '16) Apr '16 Lucy Ann 1
News Delta Junction considers hosting borough blog (Feb '06) Jan '16 Gordon Goodermote 4

Tanana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tanana Mortgages