Hinckley-Big Rock students rally behind teacher

Apr 6, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Chronicle

Hinckley-Big Rock students including Cheyenne Janssen , Harmoni Vincent and Nicole Hayes, protest the release of teacher Bud Schultz.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2013
Bill Diedesch

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

The people of Big Rock showed up again last night to appeal to the school board to overturn their decision to "dispose" of one of the best teachers iv'e ever met. Im not sure of exactly how many people turned out, but it had to be well over 100. I'm not sure if they get it or not, but votes have consequences. We voted to have them be on the school board. They voted to eliminate Bud Schultz. If they dont reconsider, we will vote them out of office the next chance we get. Im getting ready to retire, so i'll run for a position on the school board if that is what it takes. I'm sure there are others that feel as I do. VOTES HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!
Anonymous

Bayside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

OH BOY!! Another website that will enable the HBR community to spout off about Mr. Schultz!!

HBR community, please consider something... Don't you think it's possible... not probable, but just possible that you don't know as much as you think you do? Isn't is just possible that Schultz is being fired for excellent reasons, that if you knew those reasons you'd understand why, and that you can't know those reasons because the administration and board are bound by the law to keep it private? Isn't that possible?

Consider this as well... why would the school board vote to terminate this guy's employment in the face of so much public pressure if they didn't have VERY good reasons to do so? The answer is that they wouldn't do that, so they must have good reasons but cannot disclose them. That is the only possibility that makes any sense.
AuroraTchr

Bayside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

You should check this guy's background... he was fired from his teaching position in Aurora for doing exactly what he's done at Hinckley: refuse to work well with other teachers, teach poorly, get a bad eval, then spend the year recruiting parents and students to defend him.

He manipulates adolescents and dupes parents. For that alone, he's unfit to be a teacher.
BILL DIEDESCH

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

Wow, a bunch of little woosies afraid to put their name on what they believe in. I have known Bud fof many years now and i have seen his performance apprasials from when he worked in Aurora and while in Big rock. Im sure you havent, so you dont know what you are talking about, or all the persons giving him performance evaluations just lied year after year... In addition, you havent spoken with the teachers who work with him now, or all the students whose lives have been greatly improved by being a student of Bud. Furthermore, anonymous/auroratchr from petersburg indiana (wow- you dont even live in illinois...), im sure you werent at the rallies/schoolboard meetings, nor do you know members of the schoolboard as i do. Bud is up for tenure and the school is many hundreds of thousands of dollars in the red because of poor school board decisions and the new principal personally does not like Bud. We elected a very poor group of members to the school board in the past, but we will remove them from office via the ballot box during the next election just the same as dozens of us spoke at the last school board meeting even though they told us we were not entitled to speak. If you wish to make comments, please post your name and show up to the next school board meeting- im sure the group, hundreds of them, would love to hear what you have to say.
Anonymous

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Listen, I understand Mr. Schultz is popular with some parents and students, but most parents and students (and teachers) agree with this decision for good reason. The idea that Schultz has been fired for no reason other than the principal doesn't like him is ridiculous. If that were really the case, Schultz would sue the district and he'd win. It doesn't matter if he's tenured or not; teachers can't be fired because the principal doesn't like them. Furthermore, why would the superintendent and the majority of the board go along with the principal if there was no good reason to let him go? The only conclusion that makes any kind of sense is that the administration and the board have very good reasons for letting him go, but they can't disclose them because Schultz has privacy rights. As for teacher evaluations... they are a joke. Most administrators don't do their jobs and they give everyone glowing reviews. So, the new principal comes in, actually does his job and gives Schultz an honest evaluation, and the school board is supposed to ignore the recommendation because some parents THINK they know what's going on? Please. To argue that parents are in a better position to evaluate Schultz than the principal, assistant principal, teachers, and the school board is absurd.
anonymous

Dekalb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

lol who is this person from Ohio that's freaking out about this situation? You aren't even in the same state.... hmm....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Tampico Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tampico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Tampico News, Events & Info