Manatee County man charged with murder

Manatee County man charged with murder

There are 997 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Feb 25, 2008, titled Manatee County man charged with murder. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

Manatee County Detectives have arrested 22-year-old Michael Heckerman and charged him with murder in connection with the January 15, 2008 shooting of 16-year-old James Holderness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 50
Next Last
Common Sense

Windermere, FL

#1 Feb 25, 2008
Was it worth at least 20 years in jail, you MORON?
Kelly from Florida

Indian Rocks Beach, FL

#2 Feb 25, 2008
Nice tax paying money!! How much did this cost us???? Stay tuned...it will be on the news!!!
Shelly

Tampa, FL

#3 Mar 11, 2008
I believe the police in Manatee County just want to "pin" this shooting on someone. Michael Heckerman was not the one who's home was broken into-why would he want to do something like that? There are plenty of things that could explain the cell phone calls/DNA.
Shelly

Tampa, FL

#4 Mar 11, 2008
Common Sense wrote:
Was it worth at least 20 years in jail, you MORON?
Hey-the State must prove their case first. I feel sorry for this poor kid. He had no reason to shoot at someone's home. It was not his home that had been burglarized_it was Matt Lambeth's!!!. The boy killed was a FRIEND of Michael Heckerman's. There are PLENTY of things that would explain cell phone calls or DNA. Matt Lambeth ran in a very serious gang in California and has a rap sheet a mile long. My daughter knows Michael VERY well and know he would not commit such a horrific crime. He had NO motive!! I think it's terrible that they arrested a 22 year old kid based on their "proof". I hope Heckerman can afford a good attorney. The paper/Sheriff's office is calling him a murderer-what happened to "Innocent Until Proven Guilty?" They need to prove it. I heard they did not even ask Heckerman's family ANYTHING! Of course Lambeth had an "alibi" -if that's what you want to call it.
seattle

Kent, WA

#5 Apr 16, 2008
Mike is guilty...
seattle

Bellevue, WA

#6 Apr 27, 2008
seattle wrote:
Mike is guilty...
Mike is not guilty...
Bradenton is bad

Panacea, FL

#7 Apr 29, 2008
The corrupt thug and criminal former sheriff of Manatee Charlie wells has now been linked to stolen property. He has been reported to have sent his grandson Charlie Micheal Wells to a pawn shop in the hopes of fronting the stolen merchandise.Charlie Wells the third has been arrested now on numerous felony counts of dealing in stolen property. The former thug sheriff is infamouse as a cattle thief and all around degenerate bully.
For years as a dishonarble sheriff he stole and breed the cows of Manatee county sheriff office and used the baby cows for a veil money making enterprise ,selling the veil to some questioanble local restraunts
As recently as this morning the state attorney Earl Moreland calmly has been quoting a figure of 3 million to "take care of this little oversight"
The former corrupt sheriff Wells has claimed his net worth is close to 8 million. Mostly obtained thru bribes, extortion, illegal drug importation thru the Port of Manatee jail facility. Charlies wife has done some money laundering with minor real estate ventures.
The former thug sheriff is still being investigated by federal prosecutors regarding graft corruption and explotation and abuse of public office. Numerous accounting practices his sheriff office performed have been considered unethcial to say the least. During a phone interview. the former sheriff said"there is notin money cant buy you out of"
Florida

AOL

#8 May 21, 2008
crimes in other states. He is a bad seed!

Name /
Participant Court Case Number File/Violation
Date Case Type /
Cause Code
1 Heckerman, Michael Corey
Defendant King County District 205022327 06-11-2005 Probable Cause

2 Heckerman, Michael Corey
Defendant King Co Superior Ct 05-1-08444-4 06-14-2005 Criminal

3 Heckerman, Michael Corey
Judgment Debtor King Co Superior Ct 05-9-19188-6 07-25-2005 Judgment
CRIMINAL
Florida

Bellevue, WA

#9 May 27, 2008
Hey you moron who posted this, identify yourself you idiot! Michael is not a bad seed! Maybe you should post Matthew Lambeths priors, you know the guy they orginaly charged. How about that? Time will tell the truth.
Alabaster Bilgepump

United States

#10 Jun 9, 2008
Hey up there in Tallahasee. It's Veal, not Veil.
LINDA

Lady Lake, FL

#11 Jul 7, 2008
Not only should Heckerman be charged, but every one of the losers in the car that Heckerman had with him that night should be charged, including Matt Lambeth. And where is Heckermans loveing mother who tried to pay off a wittness to her sick sons crimes. Get it together Manatee County.Its pretty obviouse that it was pre meditated. Dont confessions mean anything anymore?
Susan of Sarasota

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#12 Dec 11, 2008
I know this family VERY VERY well. Heckerman's Mom Loriann Towsley, Heckerman,Wyatt, Cerda-Donoso, Goldman has and is a very unstable Psychopath. Look up her records and you'll see the apple does not fall far from the sea. Michael is a murderer and more facts will prove this to be true. Wish I were a fly on the wall when her depo is taken regarding her paying off persons to keep shut!
Jason Phillips

Acworth, GA

#13 Apr 8, 2009
I agree with Susan...The MOTHER is a very mentally unstable person. A pathological LIAR who had left her two young children to seek a "doctor" or man with money. All of whom got rid of her once she sucked their funds out of the bank. I blame the mother as much as anyone. She shouldn't even be considered a mother...Just a lowlife and a LIAR....I think we will see charges brought against her as well when the trial begins
smart one

San Jose, CA

#14 Jun 24, 2009
All of you who want to convict an innocent man and all righteous...you don't know matt or his family...they got the right guy after matt was locked up for over a month...stop thinking you know anything about matt's "priors"...he is not a "serious gang member"...get a life...
Susan

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#15 Jul 29, 2009
Hey Jason, I would love to know how you came to know Lori? She is pathological and destroys live. I understand the prosecuting attorney is also wanting to prosecute her for her interferring (paying hush money). Lets hope he's successful. Looks as though Michael has a new lawyer after dismissing several others. This latest one has a reputation for representing on cliams of "mentally unstable".
It would be a crime if he gets a lax sentence and Lori gets off too!
interested observer

Canada

#16 Jul 29, 2009
I have watched this case and this forum with interest.Any idea when this finally goes to court?
Susan

Plainview, NY

#17 Aug 10, 2009
interested observer wrote:
I have watched this case and this forum with interest.Any idea when this finally goes to court?
The case is scheduled this month. Go to Manatee County Clerk of Courts and pull up records, accept the terms as a non-subscriber(you don't have to sign up)and you can follow all the details. Go to the January docket as they have consolidated the file to it's original date!
I hope he hangs, and the Mom needs to go down too!
Susan

Plainview, NY

#18 Aug 10, 2009
I can add additional information regarding the facts surrounding this case. Michael's diabolicle mom married a Child, Adolescent, Adult Psychiatrist Dr. Howard Goldman. Michael was living in their home on Westmoreland Dr when the police came and searched only to find: stolen firearms, sawed off shot guns, DNA, bullets, the cell phone which records show he made calls from or near the crime scene and there is a report that the mother Lori sent text messages after the crime to persons involved asking them to keep their mouth shut and she was paying for their silence. So I hope she too pays for this horrific crime.
I am also disgusted over the actions of Dr. Goldman aka "STEP DAD", as he wrote the judge asking for leiniency as he felt Michael is mis-understood. No misunderstanding here, Michael is plain and simple a CRIMINAL, as is his MOTHER and Dr. Goldman is an enabler!
Susan

Plainview, NY

#19 Aug 10, 2009
Well I just searched the court records and the Bast--- just bought more time. He was scheduled for trial ug. 31st, now it's been pushed for Nov. 2nd, 2009.
This is due to the constant changing of attorney's!
Keith Ransome

Plainview, NY

#21 Aug 21, 2009
Check out this link: LOL

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx...

Poor kid, no wonder he's misunderstood when you have a face only a mother could love!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 50
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alias (Dec '13) 2 hr For the people 130
News Florida woman wins $590.5m Powerball jackpot (May '13) Aug 22 Ole Miss Heroin 75
News Top Stories - FBI Raids Outlaws Motorcycle Club... (Aug '07) Aug 22 RFFR 221
News Rare panther sighting in Central Florida (May '08) Aug 22 Dr Guru 101
mary smith (Jun '13) Aug 19 Wondering 13
kEeP a WoRd*DrOp A wOrD (Jan '15) Aug 18 Pennie Lane 357
News The flip side of years of no hurricanes: Good l... (May '15) Aug 18 Geezer 3

Tampa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tampa Mortgages