Operation MANgrove cracks down on gay...

Operation MANgrove cracks down on gay sex in public park

There are 24 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Sep 26, 2007, titled Operation MANgrove cracks down on gay sex in public park. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

Port Richey, Florida- Nestled along Florida's Gulf coast, Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park is one of the newest and nicest nature parks in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Betty Palm Harbor

Clearwater, FL

#1 Sep 26, 2007
What a desecration! I feel sorry for the family that donated the bench. Hopefully, the Pasco Sheriff's deputies will be able to clean the area up and decent people will be able to use the park.
stardog

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2 Sep 27, 2007
Whats the problem? The gay lifestyle has been rammed down our throats for 25 years and people did not know that this is considered normal behavior for them ?
ken

New Port Richey, FL

#3 Sep 27, 2007
my guess is they were slapped on the wrist and told not to do it again.we know its wrong and i feel sorry for the mans family so much for peace.
El-Toro

Bradenton, FL

#5 Sep 27, 2007
stardog wrote:
Whats the problem? The gay lifestyle has been rammed down our throats for 25 years and people did not know that this is considered normal behavior for them ?
I suppose you think that straight people don't engage in sexual acts in public parks.
El-Toro

Bradenton, FL

#6 Sep 27, 2007
ken wrote:
my guess is they were slapped on the wrist and told not to do it again.we know its wrong and i feel sorry for the mans family so much for peace.
Hey, it's a bench in a public park....how many dogs do suppose have lifted their legs and marked that bench.
El-Toro

Bradenton, FL

#7 Sep 27, 2007
stardog wrote:
Speak for yourself, I've been around for more than 25 years and have never had anything rammed down my throat.
thats_messed_up

Palm Harbor, FL

#8 Sep 27, 2007
El-Toro's messed up hahaha
Vincent Whitebear

Largo, FL

#9 Sep 27, 2007
actually, they do. So, both parties are wrong in doing such acts in a public place. Its not proper. so lets get over this issue here people. there are other problems in this world than this. would you agree?
Animal Rights in Tampa

United States

#10 Sep 27, 2007
I don't care if it's gay sex or straight sex or whatever, it's disrespectful to do it on a memorial bench. This country is quickly losing it's values.
El-Toro

Bradenton, FL

#11 Sep 27, 2007
Disrespect! Get real it's a feaking public bench...people sit their sweaty butts down on it everyday.
concern

Auburndale, FL

#16 Sep 27, 2007
I am concern for the men who appeared on this that they my lose thier jobs because you put thier name and pictures on the tv whithout concern of them ou with out coment from them,also you did not say that the police used cameras without notifation.From what I understand that if there is camers in any park it must be posted.I know for a fact that there was no notifaction of this.I think you should get coments from the convited men tosee what they have to say.
Thank you,
Concern
concern

Auburndale, FL

#17 Sep 27, 2007
I think you people should think of the men who pitcure appeared on telvison with thier name,Do you think they might lose thier job? I know for a fact the police used cameras to catch these men and from what I understand when there is cameras being used in any public places it is to be posted so that anyone could see.And there was not.Think these men should sue the county for this and see what realy happen.
The police should be out for child molister drug pusher bank robbers,and leave the parks alone.I could find better ways to spend money on then under cover to catch gay men in the parks.

“"Lee's Diamond in the Rough"”

Since: Apr 07

Long Island, New York

#18 Sep 27, 2007
Perhaps they should of thought of the consequences BEFORE baring all in a public place. They certainly can't claim any expectation of privacy. And I would figure if the police did some sort of "under-cover sting" to catch these guys, they had the required authority to have a camera for identification purposes.
El-Toro

Bradenton, FL

#19 Sep 28, 2007
Concern, It sounds like you are intimately4 familiar with the "memorial bench" in Operation Mangrove.
taz

Tampa, FL

#20 Sep 28, 2007
Have these creeps never heard of hotels or why not just go to their homes. I don't wantt o see such as these going on in public.
taz

Tampa, FL

#21 Sep 28, 2007
concern wrote:
I think you people should think of the men who pitcure appeared on telvison with thier name,Do you think they might lose thier job? I know for a fact the police used cameras to catch these men and from what I understand when there is cameras being used in any public places it is to be posted so that anyone could see.And there was not.Think these men should sue the county for this and see what realy happen.
The police should be out for child molister drug pusher bank robbers,and leave the parks alone.I could find better ways to spend money on then under cover to catch gay men in the parks.
Too bad if they lose their jobs. Should have thought of it before they did it in public. Anyone for that matter not just gay people.
Rose

Tampa, FL

#22 Sep 28, 2007
Concern, would you want a child to walk up and see two men on the park bench? What are they going to sue for? They broke the law.
Oh PLEASE

AOL

#23 Oct 8, 2007
I personally think the Sherriff's Department Budget needs to be cut in HALF...since they have all this time to wait for HOURS in the parks to ENTRAP men....YES they do entrap them....they say"SHOW ME WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO"...as they are rubbing their leg....lets just waste all this time in the park, while someone is being Murdered,Raped,Robbed, and let's not forget about the crazy driver that is zipping in and out of traffic ready to cause an accident!!! I AM SO HAPPY MY TAX DOLLARS ARE GOING FOR SUCH NONSENSE!!! WAY TO GO...oh please!
STARS AND BARS

United States

#24 Oct 8, 2007
Why is it the queers can't do it at home ?
Oh PLEASE

AOL

#25 Oct 8, 2007
STARS AND BARS wrote:
Why is it the queers can't do it at home ?
I guess the MARRIED "BREEDERS" that go to the parks are any better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton on Trump: 'I can't really imagine him o... 5 hr Trumping On 7
News Political World Awaits Hillary Clinton's Pick F... 8 hr Le Jimbo 6
News For Clinton, concern lingers over enthusiasm fo... 15 hr Patrick Aei 1
News Florida woman wins $590.5m Powerball jackpot (May '13) Jul 22 Bush loyalist 63
News Top Stories - FBI Raids Outlaws Motorcycle Club... (Aug '07) Jul 20 Stroker 220
News Girls Gone Wild founder hires new lawyer (Feb '08) Jul 19 GLOBAL GAZA 13
News Accountant charged in embezzlement (Apr '08) Jul 19 GLOBAL GAZA 784

Tampa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tampa Mortgages