Four teens hurt in Spring Hill Crash

Four teens hurt in Spring Hill Crash

There are 302 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Four teens hurt in Spring Hill Crash. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

Spring Hill, Florida- Four Hernando County teenagers are in critical condition after a terrible crash in Spring Hill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Stefani mia

Lakeland, FL

#1 Dec 7, 2007
Grantt aleo megan bailey and ronnie parrott were all really good friends of mine
Vincent

Hudson, FL

#2 Dec 7, 2007
Raise the legal driving age to 18 and require potential new drivers to take a mandatory driver education class which includes both written and road testing.

These kids are too young and inexperienced to be entrusted with 3000 pounds or more worth of automobile.

And as an 18 year old ADULT, they are then held responsible for their actions as adults!
Jherika

Plant City, FL

#3 Dec 7, 2007
Grant was taken off life support and died. Grant and Megan are good friends of mine. RIP Grant.
Kateri Karish

Tampa, FL

#4 Dec 7, 2007
May you find eternal rest and peace.
<center> R.I.P. Grant Aleo <center>
Please kids, think before you take that drink. Think about your parents, brothers, sisters, friends who will miss you dearly. Put yourself first. Your life matters. Don't worry about being cool and apart of the crowd. It is obviously not worth it now, is it? THINK! Your life matters.
Judy McKeever

United States

#5 Dec 7, 2007
I dont' understand why the people from the accident were not taken to the new Brooksville Hospital instead of all the way to Tampa, when they only had to go North on California ave. not far at all???
Where are the parents

Bradenton, FL

#6 Dec 7, 2007
16 year olds are not supposed to be driving at night without a person 21 or older in the car.
Where are the parents

Bradenton, FL

#7 Dec 7, 2007
Anyone with a drivers license should be held responsible according to adult standards.
Tyler 138

Medina, OH

#8 Dec 7, 2007
Amanda is fine, Ronnie (one of my best friends) had a serious concussion and has some wicked road rash and is now concious. Megan is in critical condition and is about to have a skull reconstruction surgery done and we already know about grant.

I agree, immaturity should not be trusted behind the wheel of a 3000lb. missile.
None

United States

#9 Dec 7, 2007
the driver was not drinking
Kateri Karish wrote:
Please kids, think before you take that drink. Think about your parents, brothers, sisters, friends who will miss you dearly. Put yourself first. Your life matters. Don't worry about being cool and apart of the crowd. It is obviously not worth it now, is it? THINK! Your life matters.
None

United States

#10 Dec 7, 2007
Where are the parents wrote:
16 year olds are not supposed to be driving at night without a person 21 or older in the car.
With your Operator’s License, you may:

16 years old – only drive between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., unless accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 21 years old and occupies the front passenger seat, or you are traveling to or from work.
17 years old – only drive between 5 a.m. and 1 a.m., unless accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 21 years old and occupies the front passenger seat, or you are traveling to or from work.

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us//ddl/teendriv.htm...
Smoke Signals

Bradenton, FL

#11 Dec 7, 2007
Kateri Karish wrote:
What does drinking have to do with this incident?
Smoke Signals

Bradenton, FL

#12 Dec 7, 2007
Judy McKeever wrote:
I dont' understand why the people from the accident were not taken to the new Brooksville Hospital instead of all the way to Tampa, when they only had to go North on California ave. not far at all???
Probably because TGH is a Level 1 Trauma Center

“"Lee's Diamond in the Rough"”

Since: Apr 07

Long Island, New York

#13 Dec 7, 2007
Kateri Karish wrote:
Who said anything about alcohol and/or drinking? It didn't say that in the article I read.
Lynne Caulkett

Holiday, FL

#14 Dec 7, 2007
Our sincere sympathy goes out to the Family of Grant Aleo who did not survive this terrible crash. The family is in our thoughts and prayers for their loss.

Long Island, New York

#15 Dec 7, 2007
Tyler 138 wrote:
Amanda is fine, Ronnie (one of my best friends) had a serious concussion and has some wicked road rash and is now concious. Megan is in critical condition and is about to have a skull reconstruction surgery done and we already know about grant.
I agree, immaturity should not be trusted behind the wheel of a 3000lb. missile.
A wicked road rash ... how did he get a road rash ... was he ejected from the vehicle? It didn't say that in the article, well actually the only thing the article really said was that she ran a red light and it identified all persons involved.
emily

Homosassa, FL

#16 Dec 7, 2007
first of all with the drinking there was none of that said the cops, amanda is just bruised really bad with cuts, meagan just went in for another surgery on her head, ronnie im not sure about..we talked to amandas mom and found out what had happened...stop starting shit if you dont know what happened then keep your mouth shut!
a friend

Tampa, FL

#17 Dec 7, 2007
Megan is a friend of mine. My prayers go out to Grant's family and amanda and ronnie.

Why does every crash involving teens automatically make people assume alchohol was involved?
Friend of Meagans

Bradenton, FL

#18 Dec 7, 2007
This is really sad. A lot of you really don't know crap about what went on.
I know what happened since my friend spoke to ronnie and there wasn't drinking involved.
I really hope meagan makes it out of surgery ok.
She is a friend of mine and I had just seen her in school yesterday .
R.I.P. Grant wish I could go to four corners for one of your memorials.
just me

Tampa, FL

#19 Dec 7, 2007
well how do you know if ronnie is still alive? you cant just say that because so many people have been saying so many differnt things plus time goes by..and so does life...R.I.P GRANT!=\

Long Island, New York

#20 Dec 7, 2007
emily, a friend and friend of Meagans ... rest easy little ones and tend to your friends ... we are all over the poster Kateri whatever who suggested drinking ... most of the rest of us are merely concerned for your friends as you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rare panther sighting in Central Florida (May '08) Tue Citrus springs 103
Fart Fetish (May '15) Jan 13 ripper 8
Arrest of school principal and teacher Jan 10 JimmieBallgame 2
GAINESVILLE COINS LUTZ FLORIDA alert!!! (Dec '11) Jan 10 KenS 36
News '50 Shades!: The Musical' returns to Sarasota (Nov '13) Jan 10 WINEP swamp 17
Senior Housing Jan 10 Offthepink 4
22 year old man shot 11th street following figh... Jan 10 Offthepink 10

Tampa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tampa Mortgages