Romney picks up newspaper endorsements

Full story: CNN

Republican nominee Mitt Romney picked up a number of newspaper endorsements Sunday for his 2012 bid for the White House - a couple of them in major battleground states.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of45
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
independent

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

"Except", you are wrong. Polls showed that Romney has 5 more electoral votes than Obama. I just hope that we get to hear both sides tonight without Obama speaking over Romney everytime Romney tries to dispute Obamas accusations. Obama has also interrupted Romney while answering questions the moderator has posed. I just hope that Bob Scheiffer doesnt do what he did yesterday on Face the Nation. He invited two guests, one from the Obama camp, the other from the Romney camp and he let the same thing happen that Raddatz and Crowley allowed to happen. That is not a debate when you cant hear both sides. That is just an act of cowardism by Obama and bias of the moderator.
Ohio hates Obamas guts

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

True stories. In Obama's own words.

Obama is responsible for state of economy

The headline of Oct. 17 really makes me rethink why I subscribe to The Buffalo News. I do not know how much more I can take. The day after the second presidential debate, the headline was,“Obama slams Romney on economy.” At first glance, I thought this was a misprint. After all, what does Mitt Romney have to do with the economy while Barack Obama has held the presidency for the last four years? The take-away from the second debate is that the economy is and has been a disaster, due in part to the policies of the current administration.

Lacking from the story was the “real-time fact check” by the moderator related to the Libyan foreign policy debacle. I consider it fair game to report that the moderator threw a life preserver to the incumbent and a concrete block to the challenger when she told Romney to “check the transcript” on a speech given by the president. As it turns out, her facts were wrong.

Perhaps the headline should have read,“Debate moderator erroneously casts doubt on Romney.”

Clearly, the president was chosen to be the victor of round two even before it started. The deck was stacked. Even though the challenger had in excess of three minutes less talking time and was cut short three times more often, he kept his cool and appeared “presidential.” The incumbent, on the other hand, whined like a disgruntled parent yelling at the referee from the sideline of a little league football game. Why not just print the headline,“We will stop at nothing to have Obama re-elected”? At some point, all credibility of The News and the media in
general will be lost. Any chance that The News will endorse Romney?

It'll be another liberal sham of a debate where Obama gets more time to talk and interrupt.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

"Mitt Romney wants a military so strong no country will be ever be willing to turn down the jobs he outsources to them."

LOLGOP

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Clinton: 23 million jobs

Bush: 0 jobs

Obama: 30 months of job creation

Romney: Bush on steroids, promises zero effort to make jobs

LOOK IT UP.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Clinton: On track to PAY OFF THE NATIONAL DEBT

Bush: Increased the NATIONAL DEBT by 85%

Where does the CURRENT deficit come from:

1. Bush's tax cuts for the rich on the nation's credit card.

2. Bush's two wars on the nation's credit card.

3. Bush the Businessman's Great Recession the worst financial disaster since Herbert Businessman Hoover's Great Depression. Business suck at POTUS. They bring financial disaster on us.

PERIOD. Bush is 100% of the deficit.

PERIOD. Al Gore would have paid off the National Debt by 2010-11.

PERIOD.

LOOK IT UP.
SOS

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes...
Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998
"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998
"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998
"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999
"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001
"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

"Romney currently saying nice things about Medicaid during this #debate. Here's his & Paul Ryan's plan to obliterate it."

LOLGOP

Romney = Romini = Gypsies = Con Men

He will say ANYTHING.
wrong Obama

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Pay off the national debt. Bill Cliton increased the national debt you dumb punk.

Clinton's four surpluses were because he stole money from the Social Security Trust fund. He was lucky and served during a computer internet dot com bubble which brought in revenue and Clinton didn't go after Osama bin Laden when he had ten chances to capture or kill him between May 1982-May 1999.

Of course we paid with it with 3,000 dead Americans and trillion dollar stock market crash and there was a 2000 recession and dot com bust from Clinton who was a stain on the presidency and stain on Monica Lewinky's blue dress. Idiot

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Ronnie Alzheimer Reagan: turned the USA from the world's largest creditor into the world's largest debtor

Clinton: gave Bush a SURPLUS AND an economic road map to PAY OFF THE NATIONAL DEBT by 2010

Bush: instead of paying it off, Bush increased the National Debt by 85% and trashed the economy.

The cause of the CURRENT DEFICIT:

1. Bush's tax cuts for the rich on the nation's credit card.

2. Bush's wars on the nation's credit card.

3. Bush's Great Recession on the nation's credit card with reduced taxes since he shrank the economy by 9%.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Bush: losing 850,000 jobs A MONTH
Bush: shrinking the economy by 9% a year
Bush: businessman causing the Great Recession second only to the businessman Herbert Hoover causing the Great Depression.

Businessmen make horrible POTUS.

Not the same job AT ALL. Romney is a businessman and is so stupid that he has been running for POTUS for 10 fricking years and still has no idea where IRAN IS.

What a fricking stupid man Romney is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Obama picked up the Cleveland Plain Dealer endorsement. They have been accurate on POTUS since 1980.

Obama also picked up the Salt Lake City Tribune endorsement.
bottlecap

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

SOS wrote:
http://www.davidstuff.com/poli tical/wmdquotes.htm
Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998
"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998
"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998
"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999
"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001
"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
GREAT POST

The dems are in denial.
independent

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

The transvaginal probe that I had last November found that I had cancer and saved my life. No one forced me to have this test, my doctor ordered it after she determined I needed one. The government didnt order it or force me to have one and I dont think Romney would force any women to have one either.
Speaking of doctors, Obama cut over 700 billion dollars from Medicare and those cuts affect medical services that had been previously provided to our seniors, that includes your mother and father, grandmother and grandfather, elderly aunts and uncles, other relatives and friends.
People just arent getting upset over issues they should be upset about because they are so brainwashed by party affiliation rather than deal with reality.
another

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

independent wrote:
The transvaginal probe that I had last Obama cut over 700 billion dollars from Medicare and those cuts affect medical
lie
Congressional Malfeasance

Williston, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

independent wrote:
The transvaginal probe that I had last November found that I had cancer and saved my life. No one forced me to have this test, my doctor ordered it after she determined I needed one. The government didnt order it or force me to have one and I dont think Romney would force any women to have one either.
Speaking of doctors, Obama cut over 700 billion dollars from Medicare and those cuts affect medical services that had been previously provided to our seniors, that includes your mother and father, grandmother and grandfather, elderly aunts and uncles, other relatives and friends.
People just arent getting upset over issues they should be upset about because they are so brainwashed by party affiliation rather than deal with reality.
This is where you're wrong, they will, and have proposed it already! You need to consider Paul Ryan's history!

The Gov. of Virginia is the one specific Republican to champion it!
August

Belleview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
the rag of choice for Mickey, Minnie and Goofy.
Thank you for helping to make my point: even one of the most liberal rags out there is backing Romney.
suz

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

chickpea wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't pick up endorsements in the Utah newspapers. The Mormon capitol of the world. What's wrong with that picture?
what a racist ignorant comment
suz

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

OregonSUX wrote:
"Mitt Romney wants a military so strong no country will be ever be willing to turn down the jobs he outsources to them."
LOLGOP
this is a rag
Congressional Malfeasance

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Romney's tiny bounce is over, hope you enjoyed it!

Summed up nicely.

Swiss Mitt does only one thing and one thing only, wring cash out of anything and everything he can get his grubby little hands on!

If he gets his hands on the Government that is exaclty what he will do with that, wring every penny out of it and hand it over to all his rich buddies and their corporations!

There's a reason he's called Swiss Mitt
There's a reason he's called a flip flopper
There's a reason he's called Cayman Cash-Hole
There's a reason he's called Etch-A-Sketch
There's a reason he's called a moderate, a conservative and he also ran to the left of Ted Kennedy.

It's because he's been on every side of every issue more than 3 times.

So now, Republiscams have exhausted all their heros and now they're left with the bottom of the barrel Mittens Rmoney and they suddenly think he's just great after he's run for President the last 7 years!!

Screwed the pooch big time, hey, maybe Trump is still interested?!
CZars_R_Us

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

That tiny bounce has the liberals heads turning around, smoke coming out of their ears, flames coming out there azzes and they are spewing vomit on all the topix pages like the above.

Guess it is a good time for an exorcist.!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of45
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Tampa Forum right now

Search the Tampa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TAMPA TRIBUNE Promotes ANTI-AMERICAN Culy Conve... (Jul '13) 1 hr YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK 6
Why dont you people in Tampa like Puerto Ricans? 11 hr Jorge 16
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 11 hr number 23 2,915
heroin (Apr '13) 13 hr dvd1540 78
Nova Southeastern University--Job Prospects 23 hr Ultrasound Student 1
looking for a moose near tampa Sat Bullwinkle 4
Stolen iPad Sat Sam Walton 2
•••
•••
•••
Tampa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Tampa Jobs