All 4 Tampa Bay Don Pablo Restaurants close

All 4 Tampa Bay Don Pablo Mexican Kitchens have suddenly closed their doors. The restaurants in Tampa, St Petersburg, Sarasota and Brandon will not reopen. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“"Lee's Diamond in the Rough"”

Since: Apr 07

Long Island, New York

#24 Jan 4, 2008
There's a GREAT restaurant here in Zephyrhills on 7th Street. It's called Panco's Villa. We have been going there for years on a pretty frequent basis. It is only blocks from our home and is real mexican food. The food tastes great and the prices are reasonable.
Susan

Orlando, FL

#25 Jan 8, 2008
One of the Don Pablo's in Orlando, on S. Semoran, closed without notice at the end of the year. I was surprised as I had just eaten there the week before and nothing was said and no notice posted. It did always smell bad in there when you first walked in so I thought maybe they were shut down by inspectors. I did read that some Don Pablo restaurants up north were sold to another Mexican restaurant company. Only 2 remain - Sanford and Int'l Drive in the area.
David in Tampa

AOL

#26 Jan 8, 2008
I have contacted them 2 times and have been promised a form to fill out and send back with my cards, over $100 but never have gotten this so called form. I would think the best bet would to file a complaint with the local states attorneys office , as they knew what was going on and continued to take money from people.
Lesli

Ann Arbor, MI

#27 Jan 21, 2008
Jerry wrote:
I was a manager for Don Pablos in Michigan and they purposly waited to get all the gift card money and then close thier stores. I lost my job just around Christma due to thier mishandleing of funds. I hope the current top management gets treated they treated thier hourly employees and All thier management staff.
Yes, I know you Jerry and I heard all about if from others I know too. I am sorry. It sucked I am happy I left the company 3 years ago. Lesli
In Central Florida

Saint Cloud, FL

#28 Feb 11, 2008
Jim wrote:
If anybody knows any other places like Don Pablo's please post the info here...
There is still a Don Pablo's open in Orlando Fl on International Drive. It might be a drive for you but if you make a day trip to this area might be nice.
Joe

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Feb 13, 2008
Call Puts Tres Amigos Back In Business
Published: Feb 6, 2008
TBO.com Site Search | Tribune archive from 1990
BRANDON - When Don Pablo's restaurant off West Brandon Boulevard closed just after Christmas, Joe Morales, Anthony Mundi and Andrew Purdy went from unemployed managers to business owners within 24 hours.
The Brandon restaurant was one of five in the Tampa area to be shut down Dec. 26. Avado Brands, which owns the Don Pablo's and Hops restaurant chains, had filed for bankruptcy in September and warned employees that some locations could be sold or closed.
The day the restaurant closed, as Morales, Mundi and Purdy watched liquidation company workers roll restaurant equipment to the parking lot, the phone rang.
It was Larry Fraioli, the New York real estate investor who bought the property in 2005 and leased it to Don Pablo's.
Fraioli told the trio he struck an eleventh-hour deal to buy the restaurant equipment. Then he asked the three Tampa men to be his partners in a new Mexican restaurant, effective immediately.
Mundi said, "So we show up unemployed at 8 a.m., and they're taking things out of the building and collecting our keys. A couple hours later they're rolling everything back in the building, and now it all belongs to us. It was insane."
Tres Amigos Cantina, at 2025 W. Brandon Blvd., will reopen this month.
Taco Dog

Alturas, FL

#30 Feb 1, 2011
I've been to the tres amigos in brandon, I went there a few years ago when it was still don pablos. Most Don Pablos I've been to from down south up to the midwest had 2 floors. That is a lot of space to fill on a day to day basis. I wonder if there would be more of them around had they kept the building designs limited to a single floor.
laura

United States

#31 Feb 18, 2013
From out west and hate the lack of decent texmex in so Tampa. Loved tias and would have bought it if possible. It was always packed and food awesome. They even tore the beautiful building down. What a loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 1 hr VET 2,499
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 3 hr heros 2,974
It's Gonna Be A Long Season For The Bucs Fri Liberal forever 3
Used furniture needed Sep 17 Brand new start 1
Three cases of Staph found in Sarasota schools (Oct '07) Sep 17 TOBERKTHERIDER16 6
Israel charges police who beat a Tampa Teen. Sep 17 The Real Truth 2
The President is coming today! Sep 17 Ron 2
•••

Flood Warning for Hillsborough County was issued at September 20 at 9:16PM EDT

•••
•••
Tampa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Tampa Jobs

•••