All 4 Tampa Bay Don Pablo Restaurants...

All 4 Tampa Bay Don Pablo Restaurants close

There are 28 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Dec 28, 2007, titled All 4 Tampa Bay Don Pablo Restaurants close. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

All 4 Tampa Bay Don Pablo Mexican Kitchens have suddenly closed their doors. The restaurants in Tampa, St Petersburg, Sarasota and Brandon will not reopen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sandi

Apollo Beach, FL

#1 Dec 28, 2007
This was our favorite restaraunt. We had just received a gift card for Christmas and now we can't even use it. Now we don't have any chain TexMex restaraunts in the Brandon area. Sorry for the whiny post, but this sucks!

Since: Oct 07

Granbury, TX

#2 Dec 28, 2007
Sandi there is another thread with the same topic on here..... try to find it, there are others with your same problem. Some are trying to find a solution.
Hope it helps.

“"Lee's Diamond in the Rough"”

Since: Apr 07

Long Island, New York

#4 Dec 29, 2007
If they are in bankruptcy ... how do they plan to get the money to replace the value of cards returned to the company? That makes no sense what so ever
CPA dude

Bradenton, FL

#5 Dec 29, 2007
Kathleen in Zephyrhills wrote:
If they are in bankruptcy ... how do they plan to get the money to replace the value of cards returned to the company? That makes no sense what so ever
Why have you declared them in bankruptcy ? They closed some stores.
susan

Winter Haven, FL

#6 Dec 29, 2007
thats real sad because i took my son to the don pablo's resturant in tampa and he really enjoyed the food
Jim

Sarasota, FL

#7 Dec 29, 2007
If anybody knows any other places like Don Pablo's please post the info here...

Long Island, New York

#8 Dec 29, 2007
CPA dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't declare their bankruptcy the article did.

Long Island, New York

#9 Dec 29, 2007
A spokesperson for Don Pablo’s says the company is in bankruptcy and did not know until the “final hours” that they would be forced to close down Florida locations. Only two other Don Pablo’s locations remain open in the state, both in the Orlando area.

From the article posted on Tampa Bay's 10 ... this is where the declaration came from ... hope this clarifies the declartion didn't come from me CPA

Long Island, New York

#10 Dec 29, 2007
Jim wrote:
There is another thread for this story that has like 50 something comments ... towards the end there was a business owner that has a restaurant on 54 in New Port Richie Alan something that has offered to honor the gift cards from Don Pablo's

Granbury, TX

#11 Dec 29, 2007
Scott at USF

Lake Hamilton, FL

#12 Dec 29, 2007
I am sure they knew they were closing. Businesses, spanning many restaurants, aren't run that haphazardly. They did not want to say anything because they knew they would lose all their employees before the final date, and wanted to gain some of the extra "season" and Christmas cash. Chain restaurants almost never give prior notice to shutting down, knowing that the already transient server staff will just leave immediately instead of waiting until the last day. They also knew that if they locked out all their employees prior to Christmas, there could be violence.
Jerry

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 31, 2007
I was a manager for Don Pablos in Michigan and they purposly waited to get all the gift card money and then close thier stores. I lost my job just around Christma due to thier mishandleing of funds. I hope the current top management gets treated they treated thier hourly employees and All thier management staff.

Granbury, TX

#14 Dec 31, 2007
Jerry wrote:
I was a manager for Don Pablos in Michigan and they purposly waited to get all the gift card money and then close thier stores. I lost my job just around Christma due to thier mishandleing of funds. I hope the current top management gets treated they treated thier hourly employees and All thier management staff.
I hope you're current job doesn't require you to have to spell.

Granbury, TX

#15 Dec 31, 2007
** your (lol guess karma got me)
Jonah

Bradenton, FL

#17 Dec 31, 2007
DeniseInMi wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're current job doesn't require you to have to spell.
Denis, You should sweep out your own stall before you tell someone else to clean their's.

you're corrected is your
the "have to" is redundant
the word current is unnecessary

I was a teacher and you would be in trouble in my class for the errors and for criticizing others.
alt 19

Bradenton, FL

#18 Jan 1, 2008
Jonah wrote:
<quoted text>
Denis, You should sweep out your own stall before you tell someone else to clean their's.
you're corrected is your
the "have to" is redundant
the word current is unnecessary
I was a teacher and you would be in trouble in my class for the errors and for criticizing others.
jonah, i thinke i touk you're english class and it has not helpde me over to Wallgreens.
NinjE

Lithia Springs, GA

#19 Jan 2, 2008
CPA dude wrote:
<quoted text>
they declared bankruptcy a few years back when I used to work for them and then a year after i stop working for them I get another letter in the mail from AVADO (the corporation that owns don pablos) that they again have declared bankruptcy, the corporation is riddled with financial disaster.
Hot Tamale

Bradenton, FL

#20 Jan 2, 2008
NinjE wrote:
<quoted text>
they declared bankruptcy a few years back when I used to work for them and then a year after i stop working for them I get another letter in the mail from AVADO (the corporation that owns don pablos) that they again have declared bankruptcy, the corporation is riddled with financial disaster.
If they had filed Bankruptcy (Chapter 7)they would have been liquidated. In September they filed for bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11 (reorganization).
Mexican food NUT

Tampa, FL

#22 Jan 4, 2008
Jim wrote:
A great restaurant we started going to after Tias TexMex closed is Guadalajara Mexican restaurant in Tampa. I dont know their address but its on hillsborough. I loved Tias chicken with cheese dip on top and this restaurant makes it just for me because thats the way i eat it. Their salsa is even better becasue its authentic. the place has a fountain too and at first i was surprised it looked so nice inside..lol
Mexican food Nut

Tampa, FL

#23 Jan 4, 2008
A great restaurant we started going to after Tias TexMex closed is Guadalajara Mexican restaurant in Tampa. I dont know their address but its on hillsborough. I loved Tias chicken with cheese dip on top and this restaurant makes it just for me because thats the way i eat it. Their salsa is even better becasue its authentic. the place has a fountain too and at first i was surprised it looked so nice inside..lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida woman wins $590.5m Powerball jackpot (May '13) 6 hr Greed is Fun 111
mary helen henry hayes (May '10) Sun cathy 9
Janet Marie Wellman Napier Midkiff Wellman ? Pl... Sun Max 1
Boating tomorrow st Pete area Nov 30 Weekday boater 1
News Rare panther sighting in Central Florida (May '08) Nov 30 Barb 102
ok Nov 29 anonymous 15
Anyone ever attend Frenchburg Job Corps (May '09) Nov 28 Damian Jones 38

Tampa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tampa Mortgages