Purina Horse Feeds Recall -- Aflatoxi...

Purina Horse Feeds Recall -- Aflatoxin Contamination/Tampa Bay Area?

Posted in the Tampa Forum

H Akston

Tampa, FL

#6 May 9, 2008
Yogi Bear wrote:
Apparently, Tampa Bay area horse people are not interested in whether their horses ate any of the bad recall feed from Purina, but here is ANOTHER reason people SHOULD be concerned:
"Aflatoxins in smaller doses may cause vaccinations in animals to fail resulting in a greater incidence of disease."
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx...
That's right ... this is an issue that should be of significant concern to any horse owner!!!
Maybe Tampa Bay horse owners look for their "facts" somewhere other than blogs or forums?
H Akston

Tampa, FL

#8 May 10, 2008
Yogi Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Akston, if they are, at least they are missing some of the trash you are putting out:
"I guess you would also deny meaningful employment to the autistic, legally blind, deaf, or anyone else you feel doesn't muster up? Maybe you and your kind could make these people wear patches to identifiy themselves. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/tampa-fl/T408...
Akston, why don't you go crawl under whatever rock you slithered out from under.
My equine disability service horse for my autism was foundered after eating some Purina Equine Senior bearing one of the aflatoxin lot #s -- right here in the Tampa area.
You do a great disservice to be publicly mocking the serious health concern to numerous area .
What a complete bunch of crap! I didn't mock anything.
My question about denying meaningful employment was directed AT YOUR HUSBAND who was advocating pschological and nuerological testing before people could hold certain positions in the judiciary AND YOU KNOW THAT!!!!
Maybe you should look up from the computer and ask HIM to clarify.
On the topic of this forum, on which YOU started and have been the only poster I suggested that it might be better to find "facts" somewhere other than blogs FROM WHICH YOU QUOTE A RUMOR!!
H Akston

Tampa, FL

#10 May 10, 2008
kind of delusional?
Sarcasm Lives

Valrico, FL

#11 May 10, 2008
WE all know he's your husband. How many autistic people, who own horses, who live in Florida, who post in his defense, do you think David Petrano knows? What a joke. The two of you are a match made in the looney bin.
Sarcasm Lives

Valrico, FL

#12 May 10, 2008
OH...and I thought it was the owners of Outback steakhouse who killed your horse, or made it sick, or whatever the story was. Now it's Purina? I have some advice for you, build a bubble, climb in it, and grow your own food for your animals and yourself, and make your own goods since you seem to blame corporate america and America itself for every bad thing that ever happens.
Sarcasm Lives

Valrico, FL

#18 May 11, 2008
Proof: This was taken from the posting concerning the Outback Steakhouse closing in Indiana: It also proves your name...so quit playing the childish damn games.
David F Petrano Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
Yogi's a little upset.
You see, the point is thus:
The owners of Outback purchased some acreage in Hillsborough County, FL, earmarked for big $ homes.
The Florida new home market collapse caused Outback to lease the land to a equine facility run by an incompetent person who managed to starve / destroy Yogi's horse Gulliver in the course of only five weeks.
Yogi is my wife Mary.
The owners of Outback seem to think what happened to Yogi's horse Gulliver is of no consequence; after all, Yogi is autistic and the injury to Gulliver is perceived as inconsequential to Outback's chief legal counsel and principal owner, Mr. Joseph Kadow, Esq.
Please spare Yogi (Mary) the rudeness.
H Akston

Tampa, FL

#24 May 12, 2008
Yogi Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof, SC, must be admissible. YOU know that. You fail to provide the prerequities for the court to accept your "proof" -- namely a chain of custody of the pro-offered evidence and a certified marriage certificate.
But the new information you seek to pro-offer about the extent of harm going on at these Tampa area horse facilities is troubling, indeed.
Maybe the Hillsborough Sheriff's Dept. needs to launch an investigation into some of the owners and operators of these bad horse facilities.
This is a forum, not court.
H Akston

Tampa, FL

#25 May 12, 2008
Mr Ed wrote:
Thanks Yogi,
I have been scrambling to find out what my 22 year old paint mare was fed. I have called Purina and they are very aware of the problem and what to help. None of the local feed stores where I live act like they know what I am talking about. I even showed them a print out from Purina's own site and they look at me like Im making it up. I smell a cover up by some very scared and stupid people.
Who are the idiots here on this blog named Sarcasm lives and H Akston. Are they horse owners or just retards that stalk you from blog to blog?
Hi David!!
H Akston

Tampa, FL

#27 May 12, 2008
Yogi Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but a court can issue a subpoena to a forum to reveal a stalker's IP #.
First of all no one, especially me, cares enough about you to "stalk" you. You use this threat or some other tantrum when you are disagreed with. I would suggest that if you don't want to be disagreed with you should avoid posting your opinions. Futhermore if you are concerned about your information being public you should have a word with you husband who consistantly identifies you and uses examples of your equine issues. It takes only a passable memory to know who is who in this small forum.
Best of luck.
Sarcasm Lives

Valrico, FL

#28 May 12, 2008
It's called free speech, and no one is stalking anyone. I read what you and your husband post, and while it shows a glimpse of intelligence, it is so fraught with conspiracy and BS I can't help but post a comment which shows my distaste. In addition, my posts are normally on topic, and do not branch into the far reaches of space to somehow connect in a six degrees of seperation game.

For example, if this were a posting about Outback Steakhouse, I'm sure I could see you or your husband saying that since Outback purchases beef, and cattle are a main componet of global warming and it's effects, well....then Outback and steakhouse industry is to blame for the downfall of the earth via global warming.

This is merely an exaggerated example, but you and your husband are consistently found cutting and pasting your same comments on many different articles, many of whom have nothing to do with the other. We are here to enjoy ourselves, and engage in debate if it so arises.

I stick to the facts. I don't plunder into conjecture and BS to try and push an agenda. Your threats are a joke. Subpoena all you will...I look forward to it.
Lori

Pompano Beach, FL

#33 May 18, 2008
Yogi Bear wrote:
Apparently, Tampa Bay area horse people are not interested in whether their horses ate any of the bad recall feed from Purina, but here is ANOTHER reason people SHOULD be concerned:
"Aflatoxins in smaller doses may cause vaccinations in animals to fail resulting in a greater incidence of disease."
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx...
That's right ... this is an issue that should be of significant concern to any horse owner!!!
thank you for the link
Lori

Pompano Beach, FL

#34 May 18, 2008
I just want to thank everyone for this info!! I notice my horse favoring her front feet latley, I am wondering if this is due to the toxins.

Lori
yo-ho-ho

Virginia Beach, VA

#35 May 28, 2008
you people are all touched in the head.........moving on now..
kerri

Jonesport, ME

#38 Jun 11, 2008
Yogi Bear wrote:
continued:
My horse was fed Purina Equine Senior at two Tampa Bay area horse barns, and a feed tag I retrieved from one of the barns had one of the lot #s listed in the Purina recall.
I e-mailed Purina about my horse getting sick after eating Purina Equine Senior during November 2007-February 2008. Purina is not wanting to respond and notify the public with information about how some of the contaminated feed made its way into Florida.
Has anyone else in the Tampa Bay area obtained any of the lots of contaminated Purina horse feed listed in the recall notice?
Has anyone else's horse become sick after eating Purina Equine Senior during the relevant time period during November 2007-February 2008?
If anyone has any information about this, please post it here. Other blogs are saying Purina is covering the horse feed toxicity up and some blogs in North Carolina are reporting horses have died.
yes! only i live in Maine, and i have been feeding purina equine senior for quite some time now.... and now my old guy is getting sick!...i found out later that purina had a recall
kerri

Jonesport, ME

#39 Jun 11, 2008
it's scary when you dont no if the grain your feeding your horse is safe or not
Wi girl

United States

#40 Sep 15, 2008
Can anyone tell me if this is going on ANYWHERE in Wisconsin????
Yogi Bear wrote:
Purina has released this recall notice:
"Eastern U.S. Feed Product Retrieval
Land O’Lakes Purina Feed LLC has implemented a voluntary product retrieval
of certain feeds manufactured between November 3, 2007 and February 8,
2008 at our Statesville, N.C., feed plant; between January 1, 2008 and February
8, 2008 at our Harrisburg, Penn., feed plant; and between January 1, 2008 and
March 10, 2008 at our Guilderland, N.Y. plant.
This voluntary retrieval was initiated due to the possible presence of aflatoxin
contamination above acceptable levels.
To date, we have received no confirmed aflatoxin-related animal health
complaints involving any of the retrieved products. Nevertheless, we have taken
such precautionary action as our utmost priority continues to be our customers
and the well-being of their animals.
All dealers who purchased any of the retrieved products directly from Land
O’Lakes Purina Feed LLC have been notified. These dealers are located in the
following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, Maryland,
Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina,
Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia and
West Virginia.
Our investigation and product testing identified one ingredient of concern, which
originated from a single supplier. We have discontinued purchasing from this
supplier. Other feed companies that purchased from this supplier are facing a
similar situation.
For more information about specific products included in the retrieval, contact the
Statesville, N.C., Feed Plant at (won't post phone no) or the Harrisburg, Penn., Feed
Plant at (won't post phone no)."
continued:

Since: Sep 08

United States

#41 Sep 15, 2008
is this going on in wisconsin at all?? I had a sick horse recently and we can not figure out what the deal was??? we do feed sweet feed.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
school shooting 14 hr guest 5
Debra Lafave student (Aug '08) Mon Britttnyy 27
Jeffrey Scott Barfield (Jul '17) Mon iknowthismanWELL 6
Hurricane Feb 19 White Boy 12
fox 13 should replace russell rhodes (Jan '11) Feb 18 Bay New 9 109
News Couple allege bar owner committed fraud Feb 14 Cathy Petty 1
Best Dentist who will treat pain! Feb 13 Trimble Fan 2

Tampa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance