Is The Mormon Church a Cult?

Is The Mormon Church a Cult?

Posted in the Tampa Forum

Rightwing

Lithia Springs, GA

#1 Aug 23, 2012
If you had asked me this question 5 years ago I would have replied with an adamant NO! I would have taken great offense to the statement had you asked me and I likely would have disassociated myself from you and shunned you.

As a faithful Latter-day Saint for over 44 years, I held strongly to the following beliefs:

I will follow the prophet and Church leaders without question, and have faith in the beliefs, ideology, and practices as the literal Truth, and as Heavenly Father's law.
I am afraid of losing my membership in the Church and risk being punished if I question, doubt, and or show signs of dissent. It is wrong to criticize the leaders or the Church, even if the criticism is true.
I will read my scriptures, go to church every week, do my home teaching, go to the temple, and do everything that I am asked to do because it makes me happy and I will one day be judged for my good works.
I will follow the leadership's counsel at all times, even when it dictates how I should think, act, and feel; who I should date, where I should marry, and what types of clothes I should wear; how I should spend my free time, how my family should spend our free time together and what types of extra-curricular activities are appropriate; what I should or should not read, and what food and drinks I should consume or avoid.
I believe the Church to be the only true church on Earth. I believe membership to the Church and faithfulness to its leaders and teachings are the only way to find true happiness and eternal life. I believe it is my duty to share my beliefs with my non-member neighbors, coworkers, friends and strangers, so they can have the opportunity to be saved and receive blessings.
I believe in supporting the Church even if it goes against what the world may believe. For example, I don’t believe in giving marriage rights to those practicing same-sex attraction if the prophet says that it shouldn’t be allowed.
Rightwing

Lithia Springs, GA

#2 Aug 24, 2012
Will they be at the convention???
a druid

Lake Worth, FL

#3 Sep 16, 2012
Ok im not saying your wrong. I could be wrong no one know. But i dont think a religion that white people are going to a better heaven than colored people is right. And i believe things you think are wrong im sure but remember god does not judge people for color.
a druid

Lake Worth, FL

#4 Sep 16, 2012
And im sure some things i believe you think is wrong as well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sorry ass detectivel. Fri Concerned 1
News Person shot in parking lot of Tampa Walmart Fri Tad 1
Ybor collection's May 22 Seriously 1
beware martino mortgages (Oct '11) May 22 Seriously 19
News Lawsuit Alleges Illegal Debt Collection Practic... (May '07) May 22 Jaedianne 324
Spectrum sucks May 13 Croewe 8
Sargent Keith Williams Pinellas County Sheriff ... (Jan '14) May 11 Moe wiltss 5

Tampa Jobs

Personal Finance

Tampa Mortgages