Bevs Bargin Barn (aka Discount Dollar)

Posted in the Tamms Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Romantic at Heart

United States

#1 Oct 5, 2012
I think I got the name right. I did not want to post on the other one due to I think might have been old owners, changing hands and then some negative stuff. But wassn't sure.

So here is my question to the new owner. It looks like you have a multi-service going on now. Have you thought about expanding to the old clinic or the laundry mat (would love the windows for displays) and opening and even bigger store and getting your food handling license and even baking.

I'm not talking about trashing it up into another thrift store but something different.

Just to start you don't have to have a full menu but once a week serve chicken and dumplings and a dessert your customers are always talking about and change it up daily.

Personally Bev I would love to see you do a mobile service. BEV'S ON THE GO SWEETS.

Just curious if you had thought about it. Your talent is being wasted on the Barn. You are an amazing baker.
BEV

Tamms, IL

#2 Oct 5, 2012
Well all I can say is thank you, when I first seen the store's name on the topix, My heart just sank, I thought to myself. OMG, What are they saying about me or my new store... It was such a wonderful suprise, to see such kind things, said about me on here,,, its a nice change.. LOL... I personally would Love a bigger store, but a person has to start somewhere,... I did think about buying the laundmat at one time, but the price was too high for the condition of the building... and I did think about Opening a restraunt, but Tom's Place beat me to it.. LOL... this town just ain't big enough for two restraunts, and Tom is doing a Great job, and I wish him the best of luck. I enjoy the store, and the word about it is getting out, my customers are growing daily.. I try to treat people the way I would like to be treated, and even though I am working now, I still plan on baking for the fire department dinners, so if you've tried my sweet treats I guess you'll have to get them at the monthly dinner... or when I bake stuff for my customers, last winter, I always made fudge, brownies and cookies when it started getting cold outside... who ever you are, I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words.. its nice to hear good things on here... take care.
former resident

United States

#3 Oct 6, 2012
Bev...maybe you could bake and sell your goodies at Tom's?
Bev

Tamms, IL

#4 Oct 6, 2012
former resident wrote:
Bev...maybe you could bake and sell your goodies at Tom's?
LOL...thanks for the idea.. but Tom's place has freshed baked goods already. I had there homemaid pumpkin bread and lemon cookies this week, and they were both really good...
Mary Ann

United States

#5 Oct 7, 2012
So glad to see a good post on here, but what else can you do but say good stuff about Bev she is a good person an woud help anyne. Keep up the good job Bev we need more people like u in Tamms
Bev

Tamms, IL

#6 Oct 7, 2012
Thank you Mary Ann... very much appreciated.
beverly

United States

#7 Oct 7, 2012
Posting nice things about her own business how low can she go...still buying link cards?
former resident

United States

#8 Oct 7, 2012
If she bought a link card it was probably to try and help someone out! And unless it was YOURS...how do you know if something like that is true or not?
Romantic at Heart

United States

#9 Oct 7, 2012
So much for me starting a new link! anywAy i am going to ignore it. How about contracting and baking desserts for the holidays. Then you wouldn't be taking away from Tom's business.
Bev

Tamms, IL

#10 Oct 7, 2012
beverly wrote:
Posting nice things about her own business how low can she go...still buying link cards?
1st of all I didn't start the post, believe it or not I do have friends out there that have my back, and who believe in me. And are there for me when I need them,.

And my only question to you is. are you still selling your link card ???? goes both ways... maybe you should think before you try to slander me.
Bev

Tamms, IL

#11 Oct 7, 2012
Romantic at heart would you please post your name so who ever thinks I started this, would see that I didn't. please and thank you.
it is Just sad that some people, just can't stand to see nice things written about some one...
Bev

Tamms, IL

#12 Oct 7, 2012
former resident wrote:
If she bought a link card it was probably to try and help someone out! And unless it was YOURS...how do you know if something like that is true or not?
Thank you former resident, I think you nailed that one right on the head...
Romantic at Heart

United States

#13 Oct 7, 2012
Beck. Sorry....really didn't mean to start anything.
BEV

Tamms, IL

#14 Oct 7, 2012
Romantic at Heart wrote:
Beck. Sorry....really didn't mean to start anything.
Well, that you for coming foward, didn't expect it to be you, seriously the things said was nice. thanks. well at least the first part was.
ItGetsBetter

Olive Branch, IL

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Bev, I love your store. And you are a wonderful person. Haters are gonna hate, girl. You have some good, loyal friends.
BEV

Tamms, IL

#16 Oct 8, 2012
ItGetsBetter wrote:
Bev, I love your store. And you are a wonderful person. Haters are gonna hate, girl. You have some good, loyal friends.
You got that right.. thanks so much...I try my best .... and Business is good.. thanks agian.. come in any time.
Junk Food Junkie

United States

#17 Oct 9, 2012
I like the idea of sweets on wheels!!!
Jane

Holly Springs, MS

#18 Oct 10, 2012
I really like having a store to get things from in town. It's not like we have a Dollar General around here or anything. And the prices are very reasonable. I mean come on...a camo comforter for $35? Can't find that anywhere. It's also nice that someone around here tries to make something for themselves. Unlike those who just live off the gov't or spouses and do nothing all day except sit in front of a pc.

And tanning? Omg you have to drive half a hour anywhere else unless you 'know' someone with a bed. As far as deserts go I think you should go for it. I'd love to stop in somewhere around here and get a cute cupcake with some iced coffee while I talk to my girlfriends.

A lot of us 'kids' are moving back home and need this.
Romantic at Heart

United States

#19 Oct 10, 2012
Mmmmm iced mocha now that sounds good. One of my fondest memories was the guy in the tailer who had the home made ice cream. Man was it good!
sammi

United States

#20 Oct 11, 2012
i like your lil store its nice. anytime someone is doing good you got to have some hater out there. like the link card queen, she must be hungry it make you angry! keep up the good work nice to see some good in theese lil towns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tamms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffanny bennett 17 hr Curious 1
Blonde Drug Dealer (Jan '14) 17 hr Jeff 16
Danielle h Sun Baby momma pro 5
Deana Johnson is pregnant with triplets Sun Yup 4
Rachel Johnson (vick) (Oct '16) May 19 Shes a joke 16
Raychel Hartman Peach (Sep '14) May 18 Ur daddy 3
Tamms Police FIRED (Mar '13) May 18 Ur daddy 17

Tamms Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance