The US Constitution

Posted in the Tamms Forum

Constitutional Supporter

Enfield, IL

#1 Sep 23, 2012
Could someone point out where in the US Constitution it says the federal government can be in the charity business? I can't find anything that even comes close to any such activity. So, why do the citizens of this nation feel that "Uncle" should come running with lots of money to buyout any one who has suffered a loss. Charity should be left to the churches, local organizations, neighbors, businesses, Red Cross, Salvation Army, fraternal organizations,etc. Once the citizenry finds out they can tap the federal till the gold rush is on big time. Our government is out of money and is borrowing billions each and every day to support the fraud, waste, corruption, entitlers, and subsidizing about anything and everything on this green earth. Time for a change of attitude towards "who owes who what". And it is way past time where politicians should be buying votes with our tax money, especially the big government Democrats.
Voter Purge

Enfield, IL

#2 Sep 23, 2012
Is the county voter list purge now complete? And will we have an honest election for a change?
honestabe

United States

#3 Sep 24, 2012
what do u think?
Jay

Marion, IL

#4 Sep 25, 2012
"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States" - Article 1 Section 8 of the United States Constitution.

You're welcome. Do they still offer G.E.D. classes at Egyptian in the evenings? Constitutional Supporter you may want to read the Constitution that you are such a supporter of. It's only a couple pages long. You should be able to get through it in a couple of days at your reading level. Just be sure to keep a dictionary and a couple of tylenol handy. Maybe a glass of water in case you cramp up.
US Constitution

Enfield, IL

#5 Sep 26, 2012
The Constitution still does not mention anything about the Feds being in the charity business, Jay. Maybe you should be in the GED class. I guess you support all of thiose politicians that use the public till to buy votes.
blah blah

Marshfield, MO

#6 Oct 4, 2012
Just pray President Obama gets re-elected & he can continue to try to do what is right for the avarage working citizen...
guy on the corner

United States

#7 Oct 14, 2012
US Constitution wrote:
The Constitution still does not mention anything about the Feds being in the charity business, Jay. Maybe you should be in the GED class. I guess you support all of thiose politicians that use the public till to buy votes.
Other than stating that we shall provide for the common defense, it does not state that we are in the "war business" either, moron. Perhaps YOU support all those politicians who use the public til to start wars that enrich their own corporate sponsors who in turn, buy elections. A GED class would be a very good thing for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tamms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
secret lovers 2 hr junkerman 5
Who owns the house at 320 Second St. Tamms IL? 6 hr Love 1
WF Landlords Could See Fine 6 hr Love 1
scott smith? 18 hr Nasty 2
trailer park 19 hr unknown 2
Pete lence (Mar '14) Feb 24 mechanic 31
any info Feb 21 police scan 1
Tamms Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web