Shooting, Stabbing in Tamaqua

Shooting, Stabbing in Tamaqua

There are 158 comments on the WNEP story from Jan 27, 2011, titled Shooting, Stabbing in Tamaqua. In it, WNEP reports that:

There has been a shooting and stabbing in Tamaqua on Wednesday. Police said they are still trying to sort out exactly what happened, but dispatchers said one man was shot and another man was stabbed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNEP.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Crazey Eyes

Sunbury, PA

#1 Jan 27, 2011
Rumor has it that workers from the Liquor store were warming up their cars last night while they were getting ready to close. At that time, some Thugs got into one of the vehicles in an attempt to steal it. The workers witnessed this and chased after the scumbags in the other vehicle. They were able to stop them and got into it. one of the workers were stabbed (with an ice scraper?). At that time one of the workers shot one of those scumbags. Supposedly the worker does have a permit to carry a handgun. Now this is all based on hear-say. But I've heard this same similar story a few times.
The President

Sunbury, PA

#2 Jan 27, 2011
Maybe everyone in Tamaqua should start carrying a handgun. It is getting bad in Tamaqua. Where were the police? Why would you be warming up your car with your car not being locked? Not the smartest thing to do.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 27, 2011
Check the police cameras!

If what you say is true:

chased after the scumbags = eliminates self-defense argument.

shot one of those scumbags = Second Degree Murder.
AOH

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2011
The President wrote:
Maybe everyone in Tamaqua should start carrying a handgun. It is getting bad in Tamaqua. Where were the police? Why would you be warming up your car with your car not being locked? Not the smartest thing to do.
Where were the police???!!! What kind of question is that? Do you think they sit out front of businesses and watch people's cars while they warm them up?! You are a moron! So everytime a crime happens the police should have been there to prevent it?!?! That's a good thought but whose going to pay for 15 officers on a shift so they can be everywhere like you unrealistic people want. It was a snow storm night and they only have one winter vehicle they were probably checking roads for slippery conditions and accidents like they usually do. I hope you think next time before you post! WHERE WERE THE POLICE! IDIOT. Maybe they were at dunkin donuts protecting the donuts and customers there. They can't be everywhere like you think.
There here

Mahanoy City, PA

#5 Jan 27, 2011
Why don't you open your eyes before calling people names. Theres a lot more going on in Town now a days that even good officers simply can't keep up with or handle. They said over the scanner at some point last night that this whole incident was believed to be Gang related. Tamaqua has a Huge problem now and we need to all stop ignoring it. Can't be but a hand full of business's if that left in Town that haven't been Robbed yet. Wake Up People!
not confused

Lehighton, PA

#6 Jan 27, 2011
Ten years ago no one would think twice about leaving their vehicles unlocked or running to warm up. But even then there were idiots who thought nothing of taking someone else's car for a joy ride. It's not a joy ride, it's vehicle theft. The courts are too lenient on these idiots, so don't blame the cops. They can't be everywhere at once.
Crazey Eyes

Sunbury, PA

#7 Jan 27, 2011
obama2009 wrote:
Check the police cameras!
If what you say is true:
chased after the scumbags = eliminates self-defense argument.
shot one of those scumbags = Second Degree Murder.
I agree if what I said is true. However, Like I said when I posted that what I heard was only rumors. Guess we'll just have to wait for the "Press Conference" to get the true facts! Haha
TOXIC HAZLETON SPILL

Kingston, PA

#8 Jan 27, 2011
not confused wrote:
Ten years ago no one would think twice about leaving their vehicles unlocked or running to warm up. But even then there were idiots who thought nothing of taking someone else's car for a joy ride. It's not a joy ride, it's vehicle theft. The courts are too lenient on these idiots, so don't blame the cops. They can't be everywhere at once.
Blame hazleton, blacks, latinos, and trashy white skanks.
TOXIC HAZLETON SPILL

Kingston, PA

#9 Jan 27, 2011
There here wrote:
Why don't you open your eyes before calling people names. Theres a lot more going on in Town now a days that even good officers simply can't keep up with or handle. They said over the scanner at some point last night that this whole incident was believed to be Gang related. Tamaqua has a Huge problem now and we need to all stop ignoring it. Can't be but a hand full of business's if that left in Town that haven't been Robbed yet. Wake Up People!
I heard that all the men in the bloods, crips, and latin kings are homosexuals, and that all the gang members homosexually molest one another.
TOXIC HAZLETON SPILL

Kingston, PA

#10 Jan 27, 2011
The President wrote:
Maybe everyone in Tamaqua should start carrying a handgun. It is getting bad in Tamaqua. Where were the police? Why would you be warming up your car with your car not being locked? Not the smartest thing to do.
for valentine's day, everyone should give their loved one a pistol, or shotgun.

and make sure to also give out targets, with faces of the latin kings, bloods, and crips on them, too.
Crazey Eyes

Sunbury, PA

#11 Jan 27, 2011
That sucks! I Guess I'll have to return the fuzzy red hand-cuffs that I just bought for her!
pistol holder

Williamsport, PA

#12 Jan 27, 2011
Carry I do everyday... Look at it like a condom. You would rather have one and not need it then need one and not have one

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#13 Jan 27, 2011
Wrong

Sunbury, PA

#14 Jan 27, 2011
obama2009 wrote:
Check the police cameras!
If what you say is true:
chased after the scumbags = eliminates self-defense argument.
shot one of those scumbags = Second Degree Murder.
If you are a lawyer, then you better find a new line of work. Self-defense is exactly what this is. Chasing after stolen property is not enough to negate a self defense posture. In the state of Pennsylvania, you can defend your property (ie chase after a thief). If said thief puts you in grave danger (ie stabs at you), you may legally shoot to kill in self defense.
Your opinion is contrary to the laws of this Commonwealth and common sense. The world would be a better place if you never offered advice from here on out. I've never seen somebody so misinformed and unaware of reality as I have in you.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#15 Jan 27, 2011
Devil

Sunbury, PA

#16 Jan 27, 2011
goddamit quit spamming your fake fairy tails of invisible spirits who like money
There here

Mahanoy City, PA

#17 Jan 27, 2011
Listen we don't have much left here in Tamaqua. What we do have is a small Town with big city problem's now. But for the fact we don't have the tax money coming in like the big city's do. You've got to have a population of at least 50,000 to even try and combat these type of problems we now face. Or like some have already stated you must just simply carry your own weapon at ALL times, because I don't know how 1 camera or even a 1000 can help actually defend my safety while any unfortunate event such as this may be taking place.
The President

Sunbury, PA

#18 Jan 27, 2011
AOH wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were the police???!!! What kind of question is that? Do you think they sit out front of businesses and watch people's cars while they warm them up?! You are a moron! So everytime a crime happens the police should have been there to prevent it?!?! That's a good thought but whose going to pay for 15 officers on a shift so they can be everywhere like you unrealistic people want. It was a snow storm night and they only have one winter vehicle they were probably checking roads for slippery conditions and accidents like they usually do. I hope you think next time before you post! WHERE WERE THE POLICE! IDIOT. Maybe they were at dunkin donuts protecting the donuts and customers there. They can't be everywhere like you think.
We all know that all Police officers are not on the straight and narrow ( 3 police officers from Shenandoah currently on trial for covering up a case is one example) Officers in Tamaqua have been known to take a nap now and then behind the YMCA during their shift. I believe a lot of Police officers do a good job. However if you don't think there are bad police officers, you sir are the MORON.
need to know

Mahanoy City, PA

#19 Jan 27, 2011
some cars can't be locked when the engine is running.
Shoot to Kill

Sunbury, PA

#20 Jan 27, 2011
obama2009 wrote:
Check the police cameras!
If what you say is true:
chased after the scumbags = eliminates self-defense argument.
shot one of those scumbags = Second Degree Murder.
I would have shot the scum also, and his buddies, would have done the town a world of good!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tamaqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
another missing tamaqua person 8 hr mole face 31
News Tamaqua landlord pleads in sex assault 14 hr whats the buzz 4
News Tamaqua landlord remanded to county jail on sex... (Dec '15) 14 hr cant stand a thief 37
News Alfonso Picone defrauds elderly couple; swindle... (May '15) Fri KITTY KAT 52
Hillary Clinton.. it's about time Thu How sad 84
News Tamaqua mayor: Residents can help on - ... Nov 30 3rd world hazleton 9
Is it Zuchini or Cucumber that has the spiny bit Nov 28 fritz 16

Tamaqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tamaqua Mortgages