old boy

Kingston, PA

#23 Jan 14, 2013
pain wrote:
<quoted text>
Attacking a name instead of the message? That's a strong indication of a weak argument.
With your logic, you implore we spend zero dollars on the safety of school children. No crossing guards, no supervision, no nurses, no disciplinarians, etc.
Can you see how your argument using absolutes is utterly ridiculous? Aren't you embarrassed when your opinions are. Critically explored? Really?
Embarrassed because someone on the net says so, hell no it makes me proud to know I've riled up the tards and the sheeple.
Taxpayer

Lehighton, PA

#24 Jan 14, 2013
veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG! It is your job to help protect your fellow American. It's a fundamental trait called compassion. You don't complain when I stand guard for your very freedom now, do you?
You didn't do a very good job, I showed by displeasure in your lackluster performance by arming myself and my family to be able to do the job, that you only thought you could do
thank god

Selinsgrove, PA

#25 Jan 16, 2013
tamaqua school board is on the right track. only way to fight gun violnce is with guns.
Second Amendment

Lehighton, PA

#26 Jan 17, 2013
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764. That was 230 years ago.
Tea Tard

Meadville, PA

#27 Jan 17, 2013
First it will be armed guards then they'll unionize and want big fat pensions like the administrators and teachers.
TamaquaMom

Selinsgrove, PA

#28 Feb 12, 2013
First this is not about protecting 2nd Ammendment rights. This is about our school district going to an extreme once again. How can someone justify arming teachers? Teachers are not trained to deal with this type of situation. Who is to say the teachers are mentally, emotionally and willing to take on this job? Just because you know how to use a weapon doesn't mean you should be entrusted to use one in the defense of others. What happens when a teacher overreacts and shoots a student being disruptive? Enlisting the services of a trained guard would be more beneficial. But of course, the Tamaqua SB are reactionist.
Open Your Mind

Kingston, PA

#29 Feb 13, 2013
guns in school is f--ed....... one step closer to totalitarianism.

if the staff can have guns so can the students

what is a prison or a school nowadays?
too bad

Chalfont, PA

#30 Feb 13, 2013
TamaquaMom wrote:
First this is not about protecting 2nd Ammendment rights. This is about our school district going to an extreme once again. How can someone justify arming teachers? Teachers are not trained to deal with this type of situation. Who is to say the teachers are mentally, emotionally and willing to take on this job? Just because you know how to use a weapon doesn't mean you should be entrusted to use one in the defense of others. What happens when a teacher overreacts and shoots a student being disruptive? Enlisting the services of a trained guard would be more beneficial. But of course, the Tamaqua SB are reactionist.
. Why can't the teacher take the same training as the guard?
too bad

Chalfont, PA

#31 Feb 13, 2013
I'd rather have someone trained to be amongst children, (like a teacher) armed instead if an armed guard who has unproven social skills. Sometimes you people just don't think things through all the way. I pity your kids tamaqua mom.
worried

Danville, PA

#32 Feb 13, 2013
Dont we have cops in Tamqaua. Thats right 911 hangs up on you when you call.
Just thinking back

Bloomsburg, PA

#33 Feb 14, 2013
drug dealer wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sir are an ignorant stick your head in the sand idiot. Protecting children and people should have no boundaries. The criminals have no boundaries why should protecting your kid have any.IDIOT!
How true.
Just thinking back

Bloomsburg, PA

#34 Feb 14, 2013
We live in the hills.Gun's are away of life with us.We should teach about guns in school.There are young people that take a few days off school to hunt.Not everyone in Tamaqua should have guns let's face it.I know a lot of people that think school's should have a class on guns.
TamaquaMom

Selinsgrove, PA

#35 Mar 18, 2013
too bad wrote:
I'd rather have someone trained to be amongst children,(like a teacher) armed instead if an armed guard who has unproven social skills. Sometimes you people just don't think things through all the way. I pity your kids tamaqua mom.
Because it is not our teachers job to be security. They already have a full time job with many responsibilities. People specifically trained to provide security would be better able to ascertain danger and react appropriately. And please don't waste your time pitying my well adjusted, well behaved honor roll kids. Spend that wasted time removing your head from your a@! and learning to stay on topic and not attack people's parenting.
parent that knows

Sunbury, PA

#36 Mar 19, 2013
too bad wrote:
I'd rather have someone trained to be amongst children,(like a teacher) armed instead if an armed guard who has unproven social skills. Sometimes you people just don't think things through all the way. I pity your kids tamaqua mom.
What about the HS teacher/coach that threatend to kill his girlfriend, and himself. Spent a few days in Pottsville 5th floor. All that was kept pretty quiet. Do you want him to have a gun?
someone else who knows

Sunbury, PA

#37 Mar 19, 2013
Or maybe give one to the couch who puts his fist through a hallway window when he hears an in-athletic student say football is stupid? Give him a gun, it'll be fine.

Or the bi-polar teacher who's so heavily medicated, it boggles the mind to know (he/she) has a teachers license.

Or the numerous teachers who continue to get DUI's without repercussions.

Let's give them all guns!

Let's face it, many of the individuals that shouldn't have guns are teaching your kids at that school. Give a whole bunch of drunks and lunatics surrounded by children guns. What a great idea.

It strikes fear in me to know most of the people on this thread are armed. smh.
Real Deal

Selinsgrove, PA

#38 Mar 19, 2013
someone else who knows wrote:
Or maybe give one to the couch who puts his fist through a hallway window when he hears an in-athletic student say football is stupid? Give him a gun, it'll be fine.
Or the bi-polar teacher who's so heavily medicated, it boggles the mind to know (he/she) has a teachers license.
Or the numerous teachers who continue to get DUI's without repercussions.
Let's give them all guns!
Let's face it, many of the individuals that shouldn't have guns are teaching your kids at that school. Give a whole bunch of drunks and lunatics surrounded by children guns. What a great idea.
It strikes fear in me to know most of the people on this thread are armed. smh.
Maybe the way your mind works there would be a bunch of firearms in a bin and let all the teachers grab one as they come through the door as they report for work and let them carry them in their pockets untrained, I don't know..? But in reality any teacher or faculty member that is cleared to own a firearm and is licensed to carry a firearm that is willing to complete a firearm and self defense training course should certainly be allowed to posses a firearm in school. These firearms don't necessarily need to be carried on their person but could be kept in a locked safe in their desk or closet and be available in a moments notice if something terrible enough should happen that a firearm is needed. These safes use 4 digit combinations on a keypad and some even recognize finger prints. Bolted into the desk or closet ensure no one is going to walk away with the entire safe. Re-certification every 3 years reimbursed by the District is a great idea too.
If you KNOW all these teachers that did these things and you let your children attend the school without going to the Board and letting them know what you know then what the hell good are you?? Get off your ass and hold them accountable. I am sure with your information and PROOF you will do the entire District a great service.
If not take your "couch and in-athletic student" and crack a book instead of talking nonsense on here.
parent that knows

Sunbury, PA

#39 Mar 20, 2013
To Real Deal: I did go through the chain of command and did talk to admin and board.There has been more than one incident that has been hushed up. School board Pres. son played football. School nurse lied about incidents. The union protects sub par teachers, and if you make waves the teachers take it out on your child. Putting guns in the hands of teachers is not the answer,but thre are some that should be shot.
Real Deal

Selinsgrove, PA

#40 Mar 20, 2013
parent that knows wrote:
To Real Deal: I did go through the chain of command and did talk to admin and board.There has been more than one incident that has been hushed up. School board Pres. son played football. School nurse lied about incidents. The union protects sub par teachers, and if you make waves the teachers take it out on your child. Putting guns in the hands of teachers is not the answer,but thre are some that should be shot.
Not telling us who did what is covering it up too. Give us all the names and story that goes with them and maybe something can be done. Anyone from the Tamaqua(area) knows someone in the right place that can check into things. There is a better than good chance at who the "nurse" is but what was her role?, Who are the others? Maybe one of us has a kid on the team or one of us teaches in the District or knows a board member well. Name names, tell the story and see where it goes from there.
someone else who knows

Sunbury, PA

#41 Mar 20, 2013
Most of your assumptions have outlived their uselessness. I'll make this clear:
I don't have kids. But if I did (and when I do) they will not be attending that school or any other one that bases their policy on the theatrics of the NRA.
All of these concerns have been brought up to the proper authorities, but nothing happens. The people that run that school actively cover up these people because they're best of buds.
Weather you choose to believe it or not, many people in this town would like a bin of firearms for every teacher. MY point was that adding firearms to a firearm problem (trained or not) makes absolutely no sense. Adam Lanza was properly trained to handle a firearm. So was James Holmes.
Let me ask you this - For arguments sake, lets say we live in a country full of teachers who carry guns. Can you say without a doubt that none of those teachers will lose touch of reality and result in a shooting? Can you say without a doubt that if a gunman comes to a school and 'ole math teacher Rambo decides to pop off a couple clips, that he wont take a couple kids out with him by accident? If not, then teachers with guns is a step in the wrong direction. A wise alternative would be a police officer assigned to that school at all times. Probably more cost effective as well. I went to school with two sheriffs officers on campus at all times. I would support that idea.
Teachers teach because they love it. If they wanted to be cops they would have save 60 grand and became one.
Real Deal

Selinsgrove, PA

#42 Mar 20, 2013
someone else who knows wrote:
Most of your assumptions have outlived their uselessness. I'll make this clear:
I don't have kids. But if I did (and when I do) they will not be attending that school or any other one that bases their policy on the theatrics of the NRA.
All of these concerns have been brought up to the proper authorities, but nothing happens. The people that run that school actively cover up these people because they're best of buds.
Weather you choose to believe it or not, many people in this town would like a bin of firearms for every teacher. MY point was that adding firearms to a firearm problem (trained or not) makes absolutely no sense. Adam Lanza was properly trained to handle a firearm. So was James Holmes.
Let me ask you this - For arguments sake, lets say we live in a country full of teachers who carry guns. Can you say without a doubt that none of those teachers will lose touch of reality and result in a shooting? Can you say without a doubt that if a gunman comes to a school and 'ole math teacher Rambo decides to pop off a couple clips, that he wont take a couple kids out with him by accident? If not, then teachers with guns is a step in the wrong direction. A wise alternative would be a police officer assigned to that school at all times. Probably more cost effective as well. I went to school with two sheriffs officers on campus at all times. I would support that idea.
Teachers teach because they love it. If they wanted to be cops they would have save 60 grand and became one.
Nothing in life is certain. An asteroid could have slammed through your house while typing your post so then should we live in constant fear of that happening? NOT every teacher will have a gun or wants a gun. ANY teacher that has a permit to carry one and is WILLING to take the proper courses to use in a school gunman scenario SHOULD be allowed to be armed in school. IF no teacher wants to be a part of it then hire armed police, sheriffs or armed security officers. Your scenario does not change one iota no matter WHO is using a gun. "Clips" are "Magazines" by the way. And if a police offer has to "pop off a couple clips" the risk is just as great. But if NO ONE is there to try to stop some loon everyone in the place is defenseless. You have no idea when out in society just who and how many RESPONSIBLE gun owners are standing right next to you in the supermarket, sitting next to you in church or are shopping along side of you at the mall. In your "world" you would have everyone believe these people are going to start cracking off rounds at any time. Truth is THAT COULD happen, reality is that DOES NOT happen. Remember 100 Million RESPONSIBLE gun owners shot no one yesterday. I can say this for certain, IF a gunman is loose inside a school I would rather have armed personnel than non armed personnel. When I am out and about I choose to be armed than not to be armed. The difference with the people who you referenced (Lanza, Holmes etc) is that they were Lunatics. Mental cases that relied on medicine to control them. They were a KNOWN menace to society but because the laws state that no one can invade their health privacy they are left to roam among us. ONLY after a tragedy does all this info come out and them somehow it is the "guns" fault. Wise up. The world is not a Lifetime or Hallmark Channel movie. Bad shit happens. When it does there are either survivors or victims. Statistics favor the survivors that can defend themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tamaqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A look at the tax issue 7 min Reality of the ma... 27
Biggest load I ever busted from my nuts... (Jun '16) 2 hr Reptilian Women Rock 30
News Police resume search for Jesse Farber 2 hr Informed Voter Fraud 112
Hartung running for mayor 2 hr Informed Voter Fraud 4
tALING ABOUT bs 9 hr assfister 4
hometown walmart to close? Fri Heartwarming 29
Pledge NOT To Search For Jesse Farber (Mar '16) Fri Heartwarming 32

Tamaqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tamaqua Mortgages