Will you elect Justin Startzel to ser...

Will you elect Justin Startzel to serve as your Tamaqua borough Council Member

Created by Startzel Supporter on Sep 19, 2009

358 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Undecided

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Startzel Supporter

Kingston, PA

#1 Sep 20, 2009
i belive that this young man could actually do it...i was against him until i talked to him and he is persuasive! good luck kid!
ImTiredOf_It

Jersey Shore, PA

#2 Sep 20, 2009
Justin, positively, could NOT do worse than the those who came before him. Tell me, WHO in Tamaqua politics has made a big and positive impact on us as a community?
No one I can think of.
Okay, Justin's young. He's got an untainted view that most old guys have lost, and WE should SUPPORT HIM! When the old guys show contempt for Justin's outlook, as a community, we must stand together and put farts, who haven't got a whole lot to show for their time in office, in their place.
around a lot

Pocono Lake, PA

#3 Sep 21, 2009
Yea, lets get Miorelli out and put her puppet in.
tamaqua citizen

Sunbury, PA

#4 Sep 21, 2009
i agree with imtiredofit i do not beleive that justin is a puppet. i believe that they may share the same beliefs. justin is an out spoken young man. he is very respectful and wants to put gursky trudich and mace out of their place. they all want to raise your taxes once again, while justin, which you will see soon, wants to put the money back into your pocket. he is smart and there are alot of good things that this young man could bring to the table and do a remarkable job. i support him 100%
why

Sunbury, PA

#5 Sep 21, 2009
why in the world wouldz we elect gursky again when he just told me he was going to raise the taxes again for the dams that don't need it? wow talk about personel agendas. gursky out startzel in!
Tamaqua Girl

United States

#6 Sep 22, 2009
Justin is a well spoken person and i believe he could help our community, but don't replace trudich. people don't see the time, effort, and money that trudich gives out of his own pocket to help our town! Ask trudich to help with a worthy cause and see how quick he is to jump in and help.
Trudich will always get my vote!
Startzel Supporter

Peckville, PA

#7 Sep 22, 2009
trudich is a good man!
ImTiredOf_It

Jersey Shore, PA

#8 Sep 22, 2009
around a lot wrote:
Yea, lets get Miorelli out and put her puppet in.
First of all, I don't know that Miorelli is abad. Convice me.
Next, if Justin's character is so weak that he can be someone's puppet he will serve one term and be out. No big deal. There is a difference, you know, between being someone's puppet and a colleague you respect and align yourself with to get things accomplished more easily.
Recently I read an article that talked about Miorelli's concerns over cronyism, something very close to me. So, if you despise Miorelli, I will consider the source until I have "other information".
Tell me exactly why Miorelli is so bad.
ImTiredOf_It

Jersey Shore, PA

#9 Sep 22, 2009
Tamaqua Girl wrote:
Justin is a well spoken person and i believe he could help our community, but don't replace trudich. people don't see the time, effort, and money that trudich gives out of his own pocket to help our town! Ask trudich to help with a worthy cause and see how quick he is to jump in and help.
Trudich will always get my vote!
There are people who do a lot of visible good things to distract people from other unfavorable things that may be going on. I am not saying Trudich is bad, but I have not heard all good about him and want to know more.
If you can prove that this guy is the embodiment of "honorable" he's my guy.
Yo-Yo-Yo

United States

#10 Sep 22, 2009
As for Trudich, has everyone forgotten about the police car fiasco, or the other pieces of equipment sitting at the borough garage that are idly rusting away because they don`t work or they are unsafe. He's no good for the town just from a cost standpoint. All the moves he made to "save" the town money actually end up costing us more. I say out with him.
oh yeah

Sunbury, PA

#11 Sep 22, 2009
trudich didn't save any money...but neither did the rest of them!
ImTiredOf_It

Jersey Shore, PA

#12 Sep 22, 2009
oh yeah wrote:
trudich didn't save any money...but neither did the rest of them!
Thank you.
Clean house! That includes personnel.
Trudich Fan All The Way

Selinsgrove, PA

#13 Sep 22, 2009
I believe John Trudich is one of the most HONORABLE men I know.Sonny is always willing to do what's best for the people of this community..And then some...Come sit at a local park were Mr Trudich is at and just watch the kid's run to him.Mrs Miorelli is using Justine to do her dirty work.She knows she is being voted out so she will use Justine to still have a voice...Shame on you Cathy...On 11/3/09 Vote the team of Honor Trudich,Gursky,Mace..They sure have my votes..
Trudich Fan All The Way

Selinsgrove, PA

#14 Sep 22, 2009
That's exactly what's happening..
oh yeah

Sunbury, PA

#15 Sep 22, 2009
wow...honor? are you serious....gursky would throw you under a bus before helping out a citizen. In this upcomming budget they want to raise your taxes again and you are saying honor? maybe you need to wipe your eyes clean again and see through the lies that they so very tell you. mace is another puppet for the political machine that is ruining this town. We have no jobs, propertey taxes are very high our taxes are also extremely high. so you tell me honorable where? maybe years ago....but not now...they are about special interest.....and as for justin i will give him my vote to see what he can do, i believe that he is our future and we sjhould embrace somebody young like him....i know that there are many people that respect him and look up to him. he may know cathy miorelli very well but that does not meen he has the same agenda. and even if he did tell me what miorelli did so bad to be treated like shit. you let gursky walk all over you and you know all to well that cathy would lay out her hand for anybody even her worse enemy! elect the right person the november...STARTZEL and McCabe
what the hell

Mahanoy City, PA

#16 Sep 22, 2009
honor is right we the people of this town are finally figuring out what kind of people they are and i am so srry to figure it out now....its ashame how they take us "dumb" citizens for granite!
squalor

Sunbury, PA

#17 Sep 22, 2009
Trudich Fan All The Way wrote:
I believe John Trudich is one of the most HONORABLE men I know.Sonny is always willing to do what's best for the people of this community..And then some.....
While I am sure Trudich is a nice guy, why on earth would you call him honorable!?!?!?

This man has made Owl Creek into one big junkyard. Very embarrassing. It is like Sanford and Son when you drive on Owl Creek Road.

I could not imagine living there and not DEMANDING that this man put up privacy fences to cover up that crap. Even a fence would be an eyesore. Acres and acres of broken down junk surrounds his home.

How can he be a man of honor if he doesnÂ’t care that his neighborÂ’s property values are dramatically lowered because he lives in amongst vile squalor?

Are you actually saying he cares for people? I will believe that when he cleans up his junk.
squalor

Sunbury, PA

#18 Sep 22, 2009
Yo-Yo-Yo wrote:
As for Trudich, has everyone forgotten about the police car fiasco, or the other pieces of equipment sitting at the borough garage that are idly rusting away because they don`t work or they are unsafe.
He is Fred Sanford.

Rotted equipment and garbage is like a security blankey to him. It makes him feel at home.
What the What

Sunbury, PA

#19 Sep 22, 2009
Trudich Fan All The Way wrote:
Come sit at a local park were Mr Trudich is at and just watch the kid's run to him...
What a weird thing to say.

What does "children running to him" have anything to do with Mr. Trudich's ability to help run a town?

It is not even relevant to this conversation.

He should not be lurking at local parks with children frolicking around him. He should go the hell home and clean his very dirty property!
ImTiredOf_It

Jersey Shore, PA

#20 Sep 23, 2009
oh yeah wrote:
wow...honor? are you serious....gursky would throw you under a bus before helping out a citizen. In this upcomming budget they want to raise your taxes again and you are saying honor? maybe you need to wipe your eyes clean again and see through the lies that they so very tell you. mace is another puppet for the political machine that is ruining this town. We have no jobs, propertey taxes are very high our taxes are also extremely high. so you tell me honorable where? maybe years ago....but not now...they are about special interest.....and as for justin i will give him my vote to see what he can do, i believe that he is our future and we sjhould embrace somebody young like him....i know that there are many people that respect him and look up to him. he may know cathy miorelli very well but that does not meen he has the same agenda. and even if he did tell me what miorelli did so bad to be treated like shit. you let gursky walk all over you and you know all to well that cathy would lay out her hand for anybody even her worse enemy! elect the right person the november...STARTZEL and McCabe
I'm the one who brought up "honor" but I never said anyone is "Honorable". What are you talking about? I am looking for FACTS, not statements of opinion. As said, maybe all of them need to go.

As for raising taxes....well, this goes back to the expenditure they don't want to talk about (PAYROLL/Benefits/Pensions), like Obama and his birth certificate. If you people ignore what is being hidden under the carpet, you are telling them you are stupid and making them more powerful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tamaqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PSA: Heroin addiction is an illness 2 hr I M Fed Up 18
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 17 hr PV Taxpayer 1,431
News Nesquehoning gets help with Homanko case (Jul '15) 18 hr The silent majority 24
News Tamaqua landlord remanded to county jail on sex... (Dec '15) Sat Bookster 16
Drug Bust in Tamaqua (May '14) May 26 Yes 34
Where the hell is K. Hoppes getting all his mon... May 26 hillary 4 dog cat... 16
439 East Abbott.St Lansford A SITE TO BEHOLD May 25 Twister 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tamaqua Mortgages